Parts/Accessories for sale - Archive This forum is no longer accepting new listings. Go to **the *new* Crossfire Marketplace**

Gauging interest in SRT interior...

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2012, 12:35 AM
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Gauging interest in SRT interior...

Alrighty guys, here's the dilemma I'm in.

I'm in the SRT, and LOVING the power/handling of the car.

What am I not enamored with? The inside.

I miss... lemme rephrase that... I long for the cedar interior like I had in my last car.

I have the FULL cedar interior to work with, from said car. It is in immaculate shape, seats and all. I've had some interest in the red interior at the $850+S&H price point...

I managed to salvage the Startech steering wheel when I bought my old one back, and for many reasons, I shudder to send it off to be torn apart, re-wrapped in slate leather and Alcantara... if for no other reason than the fact that it's the only (known) Startech wheel in the states. Re-wrapping the wheel would run me ~$300.

I could quench the thirst for the exotic colored interior by gutting the SRT, selling the black interior for a bit less than the red, SRT seats historically bring the same as Limited seats so that's a lateral sale. If I use my red interior, I won't have to re-wrap my Startech wheel... saving me $$$ and worry.

With the savings from that, I could price the SRT interior MUCH more aggressivley than my cedar interior.

My question to you all is, who would be interested in the slate interior, and how much would be a fair price for it all?

This is everything "slate" inside the car... Steering wheel, console (minus silver), seats... the whole works.

I'm only thinking aloud at this point... as the emotions behind the swap are jousting with my logic of NOT disturbing the factory tightness of the interior. So, if I change my mind next week, don't flame me.

Having said that, swapping to the red would solve the problem of my boredom with the slate, and the steering wheel debacle. I would make a few hundred less in the end, but would regain the dream interior again.

Thoughts welcomed.

Old 01-16-2012, 03:48 AM
Received 108 Likes on 81 Posts
Default Re: Gauging interest in SRT interior...

John, if you are so in love with the cedar interior, I wouldn't think twice about switching it out. Go for it, you know you want to! I would even pursue getting some SRT6 emblems to put on the red seats if workable and feasable.

Even if you don't/can't sell the SRT interior, so what. You only go around once.... ENJOY

Good luck what ever your decision, but I would have had it apart yesterday! James

Old 01-16-2012, 06:37 AM
Received 63 Likes on 54 Posts

John, swap out the cedar, I would if I had it! BTW, I've gutted both car interiors down to the carpeting and including the headliners with no creaks or rattles when put back together.

Old 01-16-2012, 08:22 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Go for it, make your car even more unique. I say go one step further and possibly swap out particular parts of the slate interior for the cedar.

Old 01-16-2012, 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by caddymike85
Go for it, make your car even more unique. I say go one step further and possibly swap out particular parts of the slate interior for the cedar.
Funny you mention that, I've considered retaining the SRT's tweeter covers/door handle surrounds, to have a splash of slate in the middle of the cedar door panel. Even from the factory, the cedar handle surrounds were the slightest bit off on color, and it always bugged me. Take a look at any photo of the cedar interior, you'll see what I mean. Same for the medium gray interiors.

Everything else would be cedar.

I would have a perfect slate airbag after the swap, unless I literally cannot find a cedar one... at which point, I'll simply dye the airbag cedar. Since your hands never wear on it, the finish should last.

Steve -- do you happen to have detailed instructions on removal/reinstallation? I have the service manual PDF, not sure if that's what you used or not.

Thank you guys for the vote of confidence...

Old 01-16-2012, 11:55 AM
Forum Regular
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

If you're selling the SRT6 steering wheel (minus airbag) I'd be interested.........

Old 01-16-2012, 12:04 PM

i was waiting for your pics to arrive but i see that you want to put the cedar in your srt and i dont blame you, thats what i would and wanted to do. here let me help you decide. i want to back off on the purchase of this interior. i think that you will always regret not doing it, if you sell it
hope this helps with your decision
and no hard feelings at this end
post some pics when your done!!!!

Attached Thumbnails Gauging interest in SRT interior...-img_4728.jpg  
Old 01-16-2012, 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by mferreira3417
i was waiting for your pics to arrive but i see that you want to put the cedar in your srt and i dont blame you, thats what i would and wanted to do. here let me help you decide. i want to back off on the purchase of this interior. i think that you will always regret not doing it, if you sell it
hope this helps with your decision
and no hard feelings at this end
post some pics when your done!!!!
Thank you sir.

I had felt bad because the biggest reason for the delay in photos was the schedule... getting over to my friend's house (where the interior is stored) has been difficult in the past week... wife's Yorkie has been having a ton of issues, and we've been dealing with that. Plus, during the week it gets dark at 5pm and flash on the camera misrepresents the color. So, it wasn't that I was trying to dodge you, promise.

Having said that, this will give me a moment to mull over the decision.

Thank you for being understanding.

BTW, what is your name? I feel bad referring to you as a screen-name

Cheers,

--John

Old 01-16-2012, 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by magredvet
If you're selling the SRT6 steering wheel (minus airbag) I'd be interested.........
Mine is in outstanding shape... no cuts/scrapes.

PM me with an offer

Old 01-16-2012, 12:23 PM
Forum Regular

If you want the car to look a certain way, WHY NOT?!?

If you do sell the slate interior I could use a few pieces of it as my slate has a few nicks here and there. 80k miles can wear a few spots here and there.

Old 01-16-2012, 12:32 PM
FP
Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Go for it. I didn't care much for the SRT interior either. An SRT would look kick-*** with the Cedar interior...

Old 01-16-2012, 01:30 PM

Agreed FP. My biggest gripe is the seats. Boy those are some grippy sumbeeches.

Grip on the posterior is great when you're on a race track, but annoying when you're simply getting in and out of the car, or trying to get adjusted in the seats, or fishing for your wallet... list goes on.

Frank -- Shoot me a PM with which pieces you need, I'll see if I can get you a package deal

Old 01-16-2012, 04:39 PM
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Hmm.. Cedar in a graphite car.. just can't see it.. Probably ought to think about how much better you would feel donating it to a slower.. underpriviledged 04 limited! White preferable.. lol.
If I was you it'd be stripped naked already like an Italian on her wedding night..

Old 01-16-2012, 04:49 PM

Originally Posted by Mrmiata
Hmm.. Cedar in a graphite car.. just can't see it..

I've only seen one Limited coupe with the combo, and it looked killer. Not saying there aren't more out there, just haven't seen 'em.

Originally Posted by Mrmiata
If I was you it'd be stripped naked already like an Italian on her wedding night..
Recently did that, actually. Still hasn't lost it's "new" yet LOL

At the moment, the following parts have been spoken for:
  • Steering wheel
  • Driver's door panel
  • Center console around E-brake
Everything else still available.

Old 01-16-2012, 06:17 PM
Received 63 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by JHM2K
Steve -- do you happen to have detailed instructions on removal/reinstallation? I have the service manual PDF, not sure if that's what you used or not.

Thank you guys for the vote of confidence...
Sorry John, I didn't document any of the r&r procedures, just referred to the service manual pdf and the many excellent threads forum members have provided in the past. I found that keeping the fasteners in separate plastic baggies with each panel as I removed them, help tremendously during re-assembly. This way I eliminated the "oops I have 3 screws left over" senario. Good luck!

Old 01-16-2012, 07:35 PM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Go for it! Just take your time with the swap. It would look Awesome!

Old 01-16-2012, 07:38 PM

2007 Chrysler Crossfire $14,999 - Evolution Auto - Sanford, FL 32771 Dealer

check this interior out looks good

Old 01-16-2012, 07:59 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mferreira3417
beautiful color combo.. that gold and cedar, mmmm

switch the interior already.. cedar is the best interior color hands down.

Old 01-16-2012, 09:24 PM
Administrator / Senior Member
Received 630 Likes on 431 Posts

Originally Posted by James1549
John, if you are so in love with the cedar interior, I wouldn't think twice about switching it out.
Go for it !!
My thoughts exactly

Old 01-16-2012, 10:54 PM
www.TheCrossfireShop.com
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Obviously, to each their own, and I believe you should do what you want. That said, the interior is one of the things that set the SRT apart. While I LOVE the cedar interior in our 04 Alabaster Crossfire, for me it would not be right in the SRT. No matter what you do, you really should consider keeping your seats unless you do not care about future originality. Black interior components are not the most common, but they were standard color choice. Seat skins for the SRT are a different story.

Swap the seats and the door panels for now. Leave dash and console alone as that is the hardest to do. Drive it that way for a few weeks and let it sink in, then make a final decision.

Last edited by MrMoPar; 01-16-2012 at 10:58 PM.

Quick Reply: Gauging interest in SRT interior...