Parts/Accessories for sale - Archive This forum is no longer accepting new listings. Go to **the *new* Crossfire Marketplace**

Gauging interest in SRT interior...

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2012, 11:01 AM
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Re: Gauging interest in SRT interior...

Originally Posted by MrMoPar
Obviously, to each their own, and I believe you should do what you want. That said, the interior is one of the things that set the SRT apart. While I LOVE the cedar interior in our 04 Alabaster Crossfire, for me it would not be right in the SRT. No matter what you do, you really should consider keeping your seats unless you do not care about future originality. Black interior components are not the most common, but they were standard color choice. Seat skins for the SRT are a different story.

Swap the seats and the door panels for now. Leave dash and console alone as that is the hardest to do. Drive it that way for a few weeks and let it sink in, then make a final decision.
The collector's aspect has been the one thing to keep me from making the swap weeks ago...

As we discussed, the seats are the biggest motivator for me to perform the swap. The mis-matched logos really bother me, and the bolster has considerable wear. On my cedar seats, they're pristine. Not only do I dislike the Alcantara for entry/exit reasons, but it holds smells as any cloth seat would. Perhaps a "top-to-bottom" cleaning would change my mind...

Regarding resale, I'm not letting that dictate the majority of my mods. Keeping extra parts on hand works great if you have infinite room to store them... if you don't, you have a wife that asks you "when are you selling that ****?"... I've been hearing that a lot, lately

Chances are, IF I ever sold the car, it would be to another forum member. This thread would be linked in the sale, so they know the history of the car. Each of the owners of this car was a forum member, and the history has already been well-documented.

I may try the door panel/seat idea first, to try it on for size. Those are the two quickest things to swap, and would let me get a feel for the color in the SRT.

Old 01-17-2012, 02:44 PM
<--- Huge Horsepower
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...different.html

Old 01-17-2012, 03:24 PM
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

I actually considered ColorGlo.

The sticking point was the steering wheel... they refused to dye it, saying they didn't have anything robust enough to stay on the wheel with the constant oils and abrasion from your hands.

Also, if you look REALLY closely at the photos, you can tell where the dye wasn't applied in the straightest lines... some slight bleed-in on the SRT-6 embroidery and on the lower portions of the seat.

Then, there's the price. Karl got a sweetheart deal, the guy I spoke to estimated the full interior running over a grand.

Since I have the cedar interior on standby, with the steering wheel already matched... it's a tough sale for me to make to myself to go with any other color.

If nothing else, the link you provided answers the question I had about leaving the door handle-pulls/tweeter surrounds black... that's a definite "yes". Now, I'm even considering leaving the headlight switch black. I loved the cedar interior, but I always thought the application of the color was a bit "overwhelming". Smaller doses would be best