Parts/Accessories for sale - Archive This forum is no longer accepting new listings. Go to **the *new* Crossfire Marketplace**

WTB Rear Facia Set

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2012, 02:29 AM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: WTB Rear Facia Set

Originally Posted by mferreira3417
Dear mferreira3417

Hello thank you for your recent order.
We are very sorry, however we do have a slight problem.
This product has been delayed for reasons beyond our control.
Expected delivery for this item to you is about 3 weeks.
You may receive a full refund.
Or... wait for this product.
Please let us know which you would like.
Once again I apologize for the inconvenience .
Happy Holidays,
Chris
352 688 8160 M-F

- tbteddy64

so what to do now i kinda figured this might happen
I received the same e-mail about the delay, so e-mailed back about my concerns of the item not being available anywhere. He responded that they will get them?? I've decided to wait and see, but I have my doubts, since there haven't been any Nationwide. I'm going to call them next week to find out about their source.

Old 01-01-2012, 02:32 AM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by TerryR
Thanks for the heads up, if all goes well, with me just ordering one, they only have two left???
Did you order one before they took the listing off off ebay?

Old 01-02-2012, 07:41 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dear mferreira3417

In reference to the Crossfire fascia panels you purchased on eBay.
Reason - Delayed product arrival misdirected in mail.
We are expecting these parts to arrive in about 3 weeks.
Once they arrive we will contact you to see if you would like to re-purchase them ? Before we relist them.
You do not have to re-purchase them if you do not want to.
We just didn?t want to tie up your money for 3 weeks.
I am very sorry for the inconvenience. Please accept my apologizes.
Chris
352 688 8160 M-F

- tbteddy64

Old 01-03-2012, 02:03 AM

This place claims to have them, but maybe you should call first!

2005 Chrysler Crossfire Accent Panels, Rear Fascia Accessories

Old 01-03-2012, 02:31 AM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by mferreira3417
Dear mferreira3417
In reference to the Crossfire fascia panels you purchased on eBay.
Reason - Delayed product arrival misdirected in mail.
We are expecting these parts to arrive in about 3 weeks.
Once they arrive we will contact you to see if you would like to re-purchase them ? Before we relist them.
You do not have to re-purchase them if you do not want to.
We just didn?t want to tie up your money for 3 weeks.
I am very sorry for the inconvenience. Please accept my apologizes.
Chris
352 688 8160 M-F

- tbteddy64
I talked to Kris the owner of hotcarsaccessaories yesterday. He was pretty sure of what I wanted to discuss when I told him I was concerned about an order. Anyway, apparently a few of these fascias that are left were to be delivered to him from China, but they went to the wrong country??? He's sending all the money back, but says when he receives them he will contact those that ordered from ebay with an offer of the same deal. Hopefully, they are not a poor quality knockoff. The OEM were probably made in China anyway? He also could not believe the number of ebay orders he received within 24 hours of the listing. He seems to want to make things right. Hopefully, his 100% satisfaction rating means something. These things are now listed on his regular(non-ebay) web site for more money and higher shipping cost.

Old 01-03-2012, 05:47 AM

Originally Posted by corfire
Did you order one before they took the listing off off ebay?
I did not even look on E-Bay, I just used the link you posted and ordered straight away to make sure I got my order in fast. Had no E-Mail from supplier, will contact him. Why people advertize items for sale, that they do not have in hand, beats me. ??? All kinds of things can go wrong, and USUALLY do. This is obviously no different. If he was intended to recieve ALL these items from China, it was not even a "Drop Shipping" situation.
I will request a full refund, and wait until someone has these "In Hand" before I purchase again.

Old 01-03-2012, 12:37 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Ringmaster
This place claims to have them, but maybe you should call first!
2005 Chrysler Crossfire Accent Panels, Rear Fascia Accessories
That is a sales web site for Hendrick Dodge/Chrysler/Jeep, (800)868-1070. I have called them in the past, but tried again today. The panels are discontinued, and not available at any dealer nationwide. Somebody might have some ratholed some place, but other than Hot Car Accessories, I haven't found them. And they don't even have them yet, and maybe never will. Time will tell.

Old 01-03-2012, 01:17 PM

Originally Posted by TerryR
I did not even look on E-Bay, I just used the link you posted and ordered straight away to make sure I got my order in fast. Had no E-Mail from supplier, will contact him. Why people advertize items for sale, that they do not have in hand, beats me. ??? All kinds of things can go wrong, and USUALLY do. This is obviously no different. If he was intended to recieve ALL these items from China, it was not even a "Drop Shipping" situation.
I will request a full refund, and wait until someone has these "In Hand" before I purchase again.
Got a full refund today, and an apology, although I was prepared to wait until the 19th, which was the date mentioned for shipping. Well now we wait and see if they EVER arrive.

Old 01-03-2012, 02:04 PM
Received 610 Likes on 510 Posts

These seem to be very expensive just to have four pieces of plastic that hang down, the rest of it merely duplicates the original look.

If they are Chinese I would be not wanting them, I doubt the OEM were Chinese.

Last edited by onehundred80; 01-03-2012 at 02:07 PM.
Old 01-26-2012, 07:58 PM
Forum Regular

I know that there has been quite a few members wanting these. I did finally receive the Rear Fascia Panels from hotcaraccessories.com that I originally order from their ebay listing that was delayed about three weeks. These are not the original Mopar Panels made out of plastic. They used an original to make a mold to have fiberglass reproductions made in China. Actually, they turned out looking fairly good and I could have made them work. However I returned them for some of the following reasons:

1. After checking the form and fit I wasn’t totally satisfied. The fiberglass is very stiff with no flex, and I didn’t think I could get them to fit in the area as tight as I wanted. My car is in cold storage. Actual final installation was not possible.
2. After seeing the product, I decided I wasn’t willing to pay the amount for what I was getting.
3. They were willing to pay for the return shipping, so that was another incentive to return them.
4. One more thing. On the originals, the hollow fins that stick down have weep holes drilled to let water out. The reproductions that I receive did not, but you could see the indents where the holes should be. I could have easily drilled those out. I discussed that issue with the supplier. They will be drilling the holes in future productions.

The owner (Chris) was very agreeable to the return. He said that he had received and delivered 5 of these, and due to demand has ordered more. He is going to make it ‘more clear’ in his listings that these are not the original Mopar product. I want to make it clear that I probably could have installed these with decent results, I just decided not. I commend this vendor for making aftermarket parts that are no longer available. I think he realizes, that he should have been clearer in his advertisements. If someone receives these without weep holes, I recommended they be drilled. If they fill up with water and freeze, they might break. I've attached a few pics of what I received.

Attached Thumbnails WTB Rear Facia Set-s5300197.jpg   WTB Rear Facia Set-s5300199.jpg   WTB Rear Facia Set-s5300201.jpg