Parts/Accessories for sale - Archive This forum is no longer accepting new listings. Go to **the *new* Crossfire Marketplace**

Need help with possible Scammer and warning to other members

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2010, 02:10 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help with possible Scammer and warning to other members

Hello everyone

I am looking for some help and giving a warning. I talk to Senior Member / Moderator before I posted this because did not want to talk bad about another member. Back in 12/09 I bought a 74 throttle body and Needswings CAI from SVTCOBRA (Josh Winn). Well a couple of weeks went by and I never received the parts. So I sent an email and he says he sent them on the 11th of January. So it now the 26th of January and sent another email and told him I still had not received them and if he had a tracking # for the package. He responded no but he had the receipt and he would check with the postal service. Couple more days goes by so I send another email asking him what’s up and he says the package was damage and returned to him. And the parts were destroyed and he wants to refund my money. (Thinking it kind of hard to crush a solid metal throttle body but what do I know?) So I tell him that cool. Ok wait another week and still no response so I sent him another email on February 9th and he does not replies till the 20th saying he has a sprint booster and would I take it as partial payment. I tell him no I want my money back please. So he replies that his a poor college student and he has no money and does not get paid till the end of the month so can he pay me then. Since I already waited 41 days for a refund I am like sure. Well the 1st of March and I send him email and he says he have trouble with his computer and can he send me the refund though Western Union, which I kind of think strange since all replies from him have been on his Blackberry and I say sure just let me know what info he need from me. Well that the last I heard from him I have called his cell phone and sent him emails everyday with no reply. So if anybody has any information on him I would like some help to try to get my money back. Or if anybody driving around Houston, TX and see a kid driving a black SRT that his mommy and daddy bought him. Please ask if his name is Josh and tell him to pay me my money.

Old 03-20-2010, 02:22 AM
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Re: Need help with possible Scammer and warning to other members

Woaa, slow down there big guy. IMO, there is no need to post this in every section. Everybody that comes here for the most part clicks on "New Posts", so they will see it. And replies spread out amongst all of these posts are not going to be beneficial to everyone. This one is the correct place to post it.

Ok, sorry to hear about your problems with SVTCobra, and thanks for making us aware of it. He has had a lot of items for sale lately. Has anyone else purchased from him recently and had a problem? I hope everything works out with this, and he decides to man up and make this right. Does not look good though.

Old 03-20-2010, 02:35 AM

Wait...... In this post, he sold a TVT 74m THROTTLE BODY to airborne82nddiv2003. See post #10.

How could he sell the TB to two people?

Did airborne82nddiv2003 receive his TB?

Last edited by bmorgan; 03-20-2010 at 02:42 AM.
Old 03-20-2010, 02:40 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So he takes your money up front, then you wait and recieve nothing in return....sounds like the work of our president.

Old 03-20-2010, 08:02 AM

I had originaly bought this from him and he was suppose to hold it for me a couple of days. I called him to set up payment arrangements and he said that he had sold it. Which p***ed me off. He said that he had a buddy that had one and he would see if he would be interested in selling it. Never heard back from the guy. I guess I was fortunate that the deal did not go through. Good Luck on getting your money back.

Old 03-20-2010, 08:27 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

if you paid him thru paypal file a claim

Old 03-20-2010, 10:41 AM
Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

seemed like a nice kid when I talked to him about some of the parts he was selling...I don't think I would call this one a scammer like some we have had on here. That is a risk you take when dealing with people in general. He needs to pay you back, so I would keep trying his phone, and tell him to work something out with you, even if it is a little at a time. I have starving college kids, they struggle from time to time and I help them out. He may not be that lucky...keep working on it, and if anyone is close to him out there, I would suggest a little prodding...sorry this happened to you, but it does happen when dealing with strangers...

Old 03-20-2010, 01:46 PM

Call the FBI field office where he lives. Thats interstate theft and fraud. both federal offenses, more so since he used the postal service.
They'll give him 2 choices, pay you or prison.

I've done it to people before, it works

Old 03-20-2010, 03:47 PM
Administrator / Senior Member
Received 629 Likes on 430 Posts

Just for the record I was contacted by sive81364 when all this began asking for my input.
He also contacted me again for my thoughts on posting this thread.
I said I thought it was appropriate and to proceed as he wished.

I also made several attempts to contact SVTCOBRA (Josh Winn) and only got a voice mail each time.
I left a message each time with the reason I was calling and never got a call in return.
I hope that there is a resolution coming to refund the money owed.

Gary

Old 03-20-2010, 03:49 PM
TVT_DESIGN

PM me and I can help you out. He's one of my customers.

Old 03-20-2010, 05:27 PM

Originally Posted by TVT_DESIGN
PM me and I can help you out. He's one of my customers.
That's what I'm talking about. Thanks for stepping up to help a good guy out. The power of many shall always overcome the stupidity of one.

Old 03-20-2010, 06:24 PM

Valkery and TVT you're both stand up guys. Two guys that didn't have to stick their noses into this but did, just to help out someone they don't even know.

Old 03-20-2010, 06:30 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Xfire fan
Valkery and TVT you're both stand up guys.
+1, they are good guys.. just thought I'd share lol

Old 03-22-2010, 01:27 AM

I had originally bought his set up (TB, mani and injectors) for a good price; after paying him he told me that he left all the parts in his trunk and that it was vandalized at a dealership. So he was only able to send the injectors and mani and refund a portion of my payment, which he did. I was not made aware of the condition of the TB (if it was stolen or damaged). Well a few weeks later I received my items and installed them with no problems. My only complain was his poor shipping method, the box arrived at my door full of holes and part of the mani protruding out.

Well after my dyno tune I wanted more power! So I contacted Josh again in regards to his Nitrous set up. So I bought that from him as well (at a great price). He even threw in NGK plugs and Magnacore wires. He also offered to sell me the TB again since he apparently got it back, but by then I had already bought one from Anthony. Anyways, I mentioned to Josh that his last package came in a horrible condition, but the second package came just the same. The box was, again, full of holes. This time a Magnacore wire fell out! (If anyone wants to buy the other 11 wires let me know! haha) I really didn't care since I already had a set on my car anyways, so I let it go.

Sive and I communicated about my part in the TB sell a few weeks ago via email, and it is very unfortunate that it has come to this Josh seemed like a stand up guy, and I'm sure he is, times are tough for many of us, so try to be understanding and hopefully Josh will step up and make some type of trade or payment plan.. Just remember.. things could always be worse.. Good luck.

Old 03-23-2010, 01:13 AM
TVT_DESIGN

Ha, he told my customer that the nitrous kit had been stolen out of the trunk!

I'm loving the stories.

How much you want for the 11 wires? I have another incomplete set that appeared during our original move. 2 incomplete sets makes 1.5 complete sets!

Old 03-23-2010, 02:27 AM
Forum Regular

at this point, if I were you I'd probably be happy to take the SprintBooster as partial payment

I'm sure you could sell it on the forum

Old 03-23-2010, 08:10 AM

I like the FBI fraud suggestion, because if his pooping this close to his den then he's probably doing it to others for other items too. It could be alot bigger than you think.

But as a sidenote, one of the most refreshing things about this forum is that almost everyone here that, well, really everybody I know here are really stand up folks. I'm pretty amazed all in all about the generosity you're giving this fellow for the BS lies he's telling other members. I mean "poor college student, yada yada. But drives a 6, could sell it for a Civic while he gets thru this, yet chooses instead to scam parts. Hmmm.

My suggestion is to ban him as has been done recently for another situation where members were provided false information. This type of individual is one I want nothing to do with. personal opinion.

and yes, a big +1 for Valky and TVT to help out in this situation.

someday i'll have to tell y'all about a boat I bought on ebay from Florida and the scam I got into. Got all my moneyback eventually, but it really PMO

Last edited by mdaniels4; 03-23-2010 at 08:15 AM.
Old 03-23-2010, 09:08 AM

Send an email to Josh, and give him a deadline to contact you to work out a repayment plan. Let him know that if he decides to ignore the request by the given deadline that you will contact the FBI. Provide him with the information that you have about him i.e. his home address, phone number, etc. In the email state the legal presidence for FBI involvement i.e. interstate fraud, theft, etc. Ensure that he knows that interstate fraud is a federal offense and is a felony. If this does not get his attention, then he deserves what is coming to him.

Last edited by bmorgan; 03-23-2010 at 09:24 AM.
Old 03-23-2010, 03:27 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by bmorgan
Send an email to Josh, and give him a deadline to contact you to work out a repayment plan. Let him know that if he decides to ignore the request by the given deadline that you will contact the FBI. Provide him with the information that you have about him i.e. his home address, phone number, etc. In the email state the legal presidence for FBI involvement i.e. interstate fraud, theft, etc. Ensure that he knows that interstate fraud is a federal offense and is a felony. If this does not get his attention, then he deserves what is coming to him.
Yes and if that don't work call me I am personal friends with Tony the Shovel from Jersey ,,,, Good luck

Old 03-23-2010, 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by hcarter
Yes and if that don't work call me I am personal friends with Tony the Shovel from Jersey ,,,, Good luck
ROTFLMAO.... Thats funny.

Quick Reply: Need help with possible Scammer and warning to other members