Parts/Accessories for sale - Archive This forum is no longer accepting new listings. Go to **the *new* Crossfire Marketplace**

Need help with possible Scammer and warning to other members

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2010, 09:11 PM
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Re: Need help with possible Scammer and warning to other members

Originally Posted by brian_omeara07
Wikipedia does not make you a professor of networking.
Example: right now my computer and my Xbox have the same IP address. according to the theory you all share, that should be impossible.
Your computer and your xbox have the same ip because you are sharing an internet connection via your router.

I do not know what is going on with this, but I do agree that this should be taken off the forum, and handled privately. Nothing good is going to come from internal bickering. My last post on this subject.

Old 03-28-2010, 12:25 AM
Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

I just talked to our detective I work with from time to time....I agree you need to take this off the forum and handle it between those concerned....IP addresses, according to our detectives our changing...the protocol is changing...someone with more 'puter knowledge than me needs to address this...but, w/ blackberry, routers, laptops....etc...who knows...he did state....if someone were traveling from state to state, using a blackberry, or laptop....it is possible for the IP to follow...meaning a connection of some sort...but, that is only speculation....I will leave it with the MODS on this one....good luck...

Old 03-28-2010, 09:15 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Erzer

This thread really has gone in a direction I never thought it would. While I'm not directly impacted by this, I do feel this has been a "trial by blog". FP and or any other moderators, is there a way to resolve this with TVT rather than airing everything? That would be my recommendation.

I requested on my previous post (#93), this be resolved rather than airing everything. It would appear later on that FP decided to not air it publicly so I guess the rest of us need to do the same be you in support of TVT or not.

I would suggest one of the moderators of this area close this thread and for anyone who wishes to discuss it, they contact FP by PM.

BTW - what you did sive81364 was understandable and there was no way you could have known this was going to end up like this.

Old 03-28-2010, 09:39 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

agreed. time to close the thread and allow this to be worked out privatly. MODERATORS?