Parts/Accessories for sale - Archive This forum is no longer accepting new listings. Go to **the *new* Crossfire Marketplace**

Need help with possible Scammer and warning to other members

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2010, 06:42 PM
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Need help with possible Scammer and warning to other members

Maybe I missed something, but aren't TVTDesign & TVT_Design different user names? Are we sure that we are vilifying the right guy here? I would hate to see us ban someone because some jerk tried to echo their screen name. I guess it seems like someone who buys a Guuci watch only to find out that its not Gucci. I have never had any dealings with either of these people, but I just want to make sure we are right. I don't know how many IP addresses that I use, but I log in from a ton of different computers + my iPhone .... what if I happened to use the same IP address as some jerk?!?

Old 03-25-2010, 07:03 PM
Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

I had some PM's from SVTCobra about the nitrous kit...and a few other items he was selling. I didn't get a feeling he was lying at that time, but I did get a sense he needed the money was why he was selling his items. I certainly think there have been some questionable dealings on here, but you get that feeling whether the deal seems good or not...you can just walk away like I did when I didn't feel comfortable buying from the young man....I don't want to put anyone down here, but it's always caveat emptor when dealing on the internet. Now, with this said, I just don't understand how we got to this point. Are you saying they are one in the same....or what here? I don't think this is correct. Like I said, I have people who deal with the IP Addresses of perps if you need help here. As for the being ripped off, I would file the complaint and let the criminal investigators do their work....our detectives would just give me their findings, nothing more...it isn't their jurisdiction....just trying help, but not sure why Anthony is being banned...explain this to me...or PM me if that is better....or call me....but, we aren't talking about the same two people here, as I see it....

Old 03-25-2010, 08:10 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by oledoc2u
....just trying help, but not sure why Anthony is being banned...explain this to me...or PM me if that is better....or call me....but, we aren't talking about the same two people here, as I see it....
I have to agree. I do not see the justification here. The IP address situation is just not enough IMO. A little more proof is needed.

Old 03-25-2010, 08:33 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i have never had a problem with anthony. he has always been helpful, and honest. has never screwed me around once. if anything i have screwed him around by constantly asking for quotes and not buying, till recently, but he kept on shooting back the responses.

Old 03-25-2010, 09:18 PM
Forum Regular

I don't have much to say about the actual issue at hand here other than I hope it all gets worked out but it should be left to people with the facts and abilities to do so. Knowledge of the the internet and the way IPs work displayed in this thread comes nowhere close to explaining the complexities of the connections between large networks. More of an FYI for the less technical people watching as it is very easy to sensationalize these types of issues as the concept of how this all works is basically "magic" to most to begin with. Regardless of how this turns out I hope the right man gets whats coming and anyone that may have been wrongly accused gets due apologies. In the latter case I hope it isn't a straw that broke the camels back situation either. 2cents

Old 03-25-2010, 09:25 PM

i just want to add one point. i have an issue with anyone being banned when they have not been proven guilty. it is presuming guilt over innocence.

anyway. over and out.

i still dont think that this conversation belongs in the market place.

i need beer.

Old 03-25-2010, 09:32 PM
Received 610 Likes on 510 Posts

Someone correct me if I am wrong here please. In theory I understand that there are 2 to the power of 32 IP address' at the moment, thats 4,294,967,296, yes that's over four billion. When you shut of your modem or whatever you lose your current IP address and get another the next time you log on. The chances of any one on the forum ever having had the same IP address as another member ever is pretty slim.
I am assuming that when the same IP address became associated with four members it had to be when that machine had that particular number and presumably were around the same date.
I looked this up and I still do not understand 99.999% of what I was reading, but I learned something ..... I hope.
At some point there will be 2 to the power of 128 address', you figure out how many that is. I think its 4,294,967,296 x 64.

Last edited by onehundred80; 03-25-2010 at 09:37 PM.
Old 03-25-2010, 09:32 PM
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

I never purchased anything from TVT Anthony, but he was always helpful and willing to answer questions. Also based on his posts on the forum, it appears totally out of character for him. Could someone like the other jokers (joshua or someone else) have spoofed his IP.....I'm by no mean an expert on this but there are alot of very knowledgeable devious hackers out there.
What about the benefit of a doubt or am I completely off based on something that has yet to be revealed? Come on FP inquiring minds want to know

Last edited by MI1XFIRE; 03-25-2010 at 09:40 PM.
Old 03-26-2010, 12:38 AM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Has anyone had a conversation with Anthony on the phone?

Old 03-26-2010, 05:05 AM

I starting to regret that I started all this sh#t

I was just looking for info on svtcobra, before I turn it over to the authorities and all I can say it turned into The Showdown at the Crossfire Corral. As for the other members names that were brought up. I did members search when this all started to see if I could find any more information. Did a quick look at each and saw couple of them had not been active in the past year or two, so really did not search any father. Well tried a new member list search today to try to get some clarification for myself and could only bring up svtcobra & tvt_design, but all the names had disappeared.

As for TVT and the whole IP address thing. I have little to no knowledge of computer and internet issues and will not comment on it.

All I can say is TVT_Design was one of the first people to offer help. Taking him up on his offer I emailed him to see if he could give me svtcobra’s home phone & address. He responded that he wish he could, but legally as a business who sold svtcobra parts he felt he could not give out that kind of information, But if I did take this to the authorities he would be happy to give the information to them. And I personally feel he would not have offered this help if he was involved. Plus with the limited web pages and forums for our cars and all the business he has done with other members we would heard something sooner about him if he was cheating or misleading members in some way.

I want to publicly and personally apologies for his loss of any business or harm to his reputation and him being banned if this all turns out to be a big misunderstanding.

As for him or any of the members being the same person. Here the profile pictures for svtcobra from his Facebook & Myspace pages. So if anybody has met any of the people that have been brought up they can tell us if it the same person.

And for the placement and trend of the post: I originally post this thread in three diffent section of this forum as stated in the first couple of responses. The removal of the others and placement of this one and the information given to us,was done by the founding members. So basically this is their forum and their rules. Which I don’t have a problem with.

Even at this point with all the stuff I found out I still hoping that svtcobra will reply to my emails and he was in the hospital from a car wreck. I once was young ,dumb, poor and in college. And remember having more bills then money. Guess I should have not tried to so understand and demanded my money earlier.

Sive

Last edited by sive81364; 03-26-2010 at 06:50 AM.
Old 03-26-2010, 06:47 PM

Originally Posted by Wedge
Has anyone had a conversation with Anthony on the phone?
I called Anthony when I had some questions about products on his site and also talked to Joshua when he was selling all of his parts so cheap. To the best of my knowledge not the same person. I think you jumped the gun in banning one of the few people who offers aftermarket parts for our cars. I guess that 10% forum discount is no good now.

Old 03-26-2010, 07:57 PM

Mods are now silent?

Old 03-26-2010, 09:39 PM

Come on Dwight, give it up

This thread really has gone in a direction I never thought it would. While I'm not directly impacted by this, I do feel this has been a "trial by blog". FP and or any other moderators, is there a way to resolve this with TVT rather than airing everything? That would be my recommendation.

Old 03-27-2010, 01:05 PM
FP
Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by 70GT6
Mods are now silent?
No, not silent, just traveling on business. I just got back on. Is there a question I need to answer for you?

Old 03-27-2010, 01:20 PM

There are several here that feel the IP thing is not enough to justify banning. Is there more to the story than posted? Seems iffy for a supporting vendor to play around like this.

Old 03-27-2010, 01:45 PM
FP

Originally Posted by 70GT6
There are several here that feel the IP thing is not enough to justify banning. Is there more to the story than posted? Seems iffy for a supporting vendor to play around like this.
Several members out of several hundred active members are not a lot of members. If you want to be the moderator, please throw your name in the hat, and you can make the decisions.

I'm not going to air out dirty laundry on this thread, but can say this is not the first incident where there is some doubt on his activities. Too many coincidence situations. And regardless of anyones knowledge or the workings with IPs, the chances of hitting the same IPs are extremely odd. To that add that the only ones using that specific IP are three other's with unethical business behavior, who have been banned in the past. No one is saying that these are the same person, just somehow connected. Banning someone in a situation like this is not an easy thing to do, but the XF community is more important than one individual. I have had enough PMs from this and past dealings from members. I can't ignore those either.

This forum is not a democracy either. Sometimes decisions have to be made, and they are not always easy. If you or anyone else has concerns about the banning, and feel they are not fair, please send a message to Julian (mightyjlr), and escalate your concerns. He's the only one that can reverse my decision.

BTW, this does'nt stop anyone from buying from TVT.

Last edited by FP; 03-28-2010 at 12:03 AM.
Old 03-27-2010, 02:13 PM
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

FP, Is he also banned from CICCI?

Old 03-27-2010, 02:15 PM
FP

Originally Posted by MI1XFIRE
FP, Is he also banned from CICCI?
The BoD will be voting on that soon.

Old 03-27-2010, 04:46 PM

Originally Posted by FP
Several members out of several hundred active members are not a lot of members. If you want to be the moderator, please throw your name in the hat, and you can make the decisions.

I'm not going to air out dirty laundry on this thread, but can say this is not the first incident where there is some doubt on his activities. Too many coincidence situations. And regardless of anyones knowledge or the workings with IPs, the chances of hitting the same IPs are extremely odd. To that add that the only ones using that specific IP are three other's with unethical business behavior, who have been banned in the past. No one is saying that these are the same person, just somehow connected. Banning someone in a situation like this is not an easy thing to do, but the XF community is more important than one individual. I have had enough PMs from this and past dealings from members. I can't ignore those either.

This forum is not a democracy either. Sometimes decisions have to be made, and they are not always easy. If you or anyone else has concerns about the banning, and feel they are not fair, please send a message to Julian (mightyjlr), and escalate your concerns. He's the only one that can reverse my decision.

BTW, this does'nt stop anyone from buying from TVT.
Thanks for the great answer.

Would you like floor mats with that?

Last edited by FP; 03-28-2010 at 12:03 AM.
Old 03-27-2010, 08:40 PM
Forum Regular

This just leaves a bad taste in my mouth, and I don't think it's the leftover green beer. IP address assignments are not completely random, there are static and dynamic IP's. But even dynamic IP's simply change the last two positions of the IP address. In the world of blackberry, using a CDMA or EDGE protocol, a blackberry 'talks' to a larger server in any of these states, and then is assigned an IP address. Because of the way blackberry is set up using CDMA and EDGE protocol, they would NOT have individual IP addresses for each blackberry, but rather every blackberry would share the same IP address that is connected to that individual server. Just my 2 cents. I've talked to anthony on the phone, and even seen him, they are NOT the same guy.

YouTube - Crossfire SRT6 Dyno

Watch that video, 15 seconds in. Doesn't look like the same guy to me. also:

YouTube - Meth Kit Install on a Crossfire SRT6

same guy and look at that TVT design sticker in the windshield.

Not enough evidence. Wikipedia does not make you a professor of networking.
Example: right now my computer and my Xbox have the same IP address. according to the theory you all share, that should be impossible.

Quick Reply: Need help with possible Scammer and warning to other members