Parts/Accessories for sale - Archive This forum is no longer accepting new listings. Go to **the *new* Crossfire Marketplace**

Need help with possible Scammer and warning to other members

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2010, 01:55 AM
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Re: Need help with possible Scammer and warning to other members

Originally Posted by TVT_DESIGN
One more new IP before I go to bed.

I will do this every day just to prove my point. I'm that stubborn.
I am not sure what your point is here. I use a mac most of the time, so I will have to go from memory here, but basically what your statement said was that you just did the following:

Start > Run > type "cmd" > in the command prompt, you typed "ipconfig \release" hit enter > then type "ipconfig \renew" hit enter.

Presto, you have a new IP address. This does nothing to explain how 4 different user accounts utilized multiple exact same IP addresses.

You are going to have to do better than that to put a hole in my assertions.

I have no personal stake in this, but I despise a liar and a thief. Two things are certain here. An innocent person has been a victim of theft, and one of two people in this forum is a liar. You say that FP is a liar, and the current facts indicate that you are being less that honest (trying to be nice here). You made the following assertion: "there are a lot of things that go on behind the scenes with a lot of the "revered" people on here that isn't public.", but reply to the challenge to back it up by skirting the issue. Once again.... Please explain.

Last edited by bmorgan; 03-25-2010 at 03:06 AM.
Old 03-25-2010, 02:13 AM

Originally Posted by TVT_DESIGN
First, when you post using a blackberry it gives you an IP address in Kansas. Search the IP addresses I've posted and once from a few of my posts and you will see that. I haven't posted often with my blackberry, just use it for PMs. In the summer I post more with it, but in the winter I'm near a comp. Everytime it reboots you get a new IP and if anyone has a new blackberry you know just how often the damn things freeze and need to be rebooted.

I would never out anything on the forum. I'm not that type of person. I've had to deal with a lot of mistreatment and crap from some of the members here and honestly it gets to be a tad childish.

I'm young, 25, but I carry myself much more maturely. Ask any of my customers and they will tell you that I go above and beyond to help them, a lot of the time it doesn't even benefit me, but I enjoy doing it. I've built my company up with my own cash and lots of time. I'm in school full time for most of the year and also work a full time job at an acute psych hospital. Trying to pretend to be someone else for a few hundred dollars is really not something I can squeeze into my schedule. A few thousand, maybe, jk.

I've had to defend myself a lot. Even when I was at Carlisle people thought some pretty negative things of me because I never paid a sponsorship fee. Mind you no one told me about the fee until after all the bad vibes. Once told I promptly wrote a check, no questions asked.

I'm sorry for the rant, but I work too hard to let something be twisted to go against me.

On that note, Bmorgan, you're on the East coast and it's pretty late. I'm up studying, but why are you still awake?

Ok, when you use a BB, an IP address is assigned to your phone. It is unique to your phone, and is assigned using DHCP. No different than any ISP. Granted, when you turn your BB completely off, you will get a new IP address assigned to you when you turn it back on. This is no different than if you unplug your modem and plug it back in. Your ISP has no idea what your previous IP was, so you get assigned a new one. Come on, you can do better than that. So, your contention is that you and SVTCobra are both blackberry users, and through some miracle, you and him shut off your BB's and when they were turned back on, he magically was assigned your old IP. And, this happened not once, but on multiple occasions.

Oh, and you must be a genius. You know I am on the east coast. Duh.... my profile says that I am from Warner Robins, Ga.

Impress me since you are so smart, and tell what my current IP is?

Last edited by bmorgan; 03-25-2010 at 02:15 AM.
Old 03-25-2010, 02:28 AM

Whats up? you were reading this thread after my last post. Now you are gone without a reply. I am a bit disappointed. Maybe you are just taking a break to change your IP again? Gotta go.

P.S. I apologize to the rest of the forum members for my rant here. I would love nothing more than to be proven wrong, but between TVT's lame *** excuse for the SC ebay debacle which does not pass muster, and now this...... Someone needs to bring this to a head once and for all.

Old 03-25-2010, 05:15 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

WOW
I started this trying to give other members a warning and a little help to get my money back. And know it’s turned into an underground car parts ring. And now I don’t know what to think.

Let me give you some of the info I have. I have the name Joshua Winn, he’s a student at TSU in Houston or that’s where he says he goes on his Facebook & Myspace pages. I sent him messages on both. But so far I only received one reply from these messages. I told him to email to me about the money he owed me. He replied that this was not Josh, but his brother Robert and he was snooping on his brother’s computer and Josh was in a car wreck and was in the hospital (Robert, by the way is his father name, his mother is Vanessa and he has no brother or sister but doe’s have 74 year old grandfather, God I love the internet) Anyway when I responded to his reply to my message he was logged onto Myspace and one minute later he was gone with no answer to my reply explaining why Joshua owed me money.
As of now I have already told my story to the nice FBI agent and he gave me the web address for me to file the complaint “ The Internet Crimes Complaint Center” All the details( Emails, Paypal receipts, more detailed information from above and of course the forums web address and name of this post and the other info from the Forum) have already been entered

TVTDesign, SVTCobra, TTCobra, AFWS04 This been going on since mid January when you told me the part were damaged and you would refund my money. I getting tired of this and I really don’t care who at this point. But we need to resolve this issue by the end of the month or I am hitting the send button for the complaint.
Sive

Last edited by sive81364; 03-25-2010 at 06:11 AM.
Old 03-25-2010, 07:34 AM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

WOW this just blows me away . Just refund the man his money .....

Old 03-25-2010, 08:32 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

this is getting weirder by the moment. all this talk about IP addresses and all that is evidence i suppose of some not so straight up activity. During all this time that I've been here, there's been no real dissing of TVT, which is really odd to me, because IF this kind of stuff has been happening then it should have showed up by now. But even still, if this is true, then TVT is in fact just like my boat seller scammer and I will not have anything to do with him, banned or not.

I don't want to hear about this person or that, what they do, or have done since I have not experienced that with anyone. But if all this is true then I expect TVT to give people back their money, get this straightened out and move on.

Sometimes bad deals happen, and there is a misunderstanding or whatever. This one does not sound like a misunderstanding. I don't like the way TVT is attempting to deflect by bringing in other people. That's a bad, very bad, sign. So cowboy up here TVT.

The bottom line is this: did you, or did you not scam this fellow. I don't give a rip about the Ip addresses or how flippin' mature you are for a 25 yo, or even where the heck you are. But are you, or are you not dealing in chops?

Last edited by mdaniels4; 03-25-2010 at 08:43 AM.
Old 03-25-2010, 09:07 AM
ADDICTED TO BOOST

Originally Posted by sive81364
WOW
I started this trying to give other members a warning and a little help to get my money back. And know it’s turned into an underground car parts ring. And now I don’t know what to think.

Let me give you some of the info I have. I have the name Joshua Winn, he’s a student at TSU in Houston or that’s where he says he goes on his Facebook & Myspace pages. I sent him messages on both. But so far I only received one reply from these messages. I told him to email to me about the money he owed me. He replied that this was not Josh, but his brother Robert and he was snooping on his brother’s computer and Josh was in a car wreck and was in the hospital (Robert, by the way is his father name, his mother is Vanessa and he has no brother or sister but doe’s have 74 year old grandfather, God I love the internet) Anyway when I responded to his reply to my message he was logged onto Myspace and one minute later he was gone with no answer to my reply explaining why Joshua owed me money.
As of now I have already told my story to the nice FBI agent and he gave me the web address for me to file the complaint “ The Internet Crimes Complaint Center” All the details( Emails, Paypal receipts, more detailed information from above and of course the forums web address and name of this post and the other info from the Forum) have already been entered

TVTDesign, SVTCobra, TTCobra, AFWS04 This been going on since mid January when you told me the part were damaged and you would refund my money. I getting tired of this and I really don’t care who at this point. But we need to resolve this issue by the end of the month or I am hitting the send button for the complaint.
Sive
You need to hit send....NOW. Do not wait another minute.

Old 03-25-2010, 10:48 AM
TVT_DESIGN

I'm not josh or have anything to do with that guy. I have never dealt with the OP and that's where I'm going to leave it. I've learned that on a forum lots of things are manifested and since some ppl really don't have much else going in their lives they get really sucked in.

Josh is a real person. He dyno tuned with eurocharged in texas, spoke to inmotion on the phone, spoke to many of these ppl on the phone, and purchased parts from me. The coincidence that we may have had the same RIM IP address which is not unique to only one person which I've proved over and over again, is just that a coincidence.

You all can believe what you want, but this is my last input here. An IP address isn't proff of anything. Stop pretending to be a detective when you're just a ****.

Old 03-25-2010, 10:51 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Subscribing so I do not buy parts off the wrong people, or, to see vindicated those who have done no wrong.

Old 03-25-2010, 10:55 AM
ADDICTED TO BOOST

In light of the recent events, it should not be left for forum members to be investigators, jurors or judges. You need to involve the authorities at once to put this to bed.

Old 03-25-2010, 12:22 PM
FP
Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

This is not a court room, nor a tribunal. It's a community forum. Any charges that need to be filed should be done by the party that's been affected. I will only provide the facts. No where here did I make an accusation of you ripping anyone.

Anthony, I'm not going to debate the IP scheme any further. We can go at it forever. You are not right about the way IP works, but let's just say you are. What are the odds that only you two by chance hit the same IP address as often as you do? No one else outside the members in question hit those IP addresses. You post from over 20 IP addresses, and there's nothing unusual about that. What is unusual is that only the IP in question has only been used by you and the other 4 members. All of which have had shady dealings.

You seem to always be involved in some unusual coincidences. Why does it seem you are always standing next to a pile of crap? This is not the first time there's suspicion around you. How much can we blame on coincidence?

I'll let the person who was cheated of his money file a legal complaint. However, as far as this forum is concerned you are now banned, as well as SVTcobra, TT Cobra, and AFWS04.

Last edited by FP; 03-25-2010 at 12:29 PM.
Old 03-25-2010, 12:35 PM

I agree FP. I've had too much experience to believe in too many coincidences.

Old 03-25-2010, 12:49 PM
Talking Re: Need help with possible Scammer and warning to other members

My business dealings, with TVT /Anthony have always been good. He has always resolved any concerns i have had in a timely fashion! Thought i would just throw that out there.

I meet svtcobra at the EC dyno day in Victoria TX . Seemed like a nice guy, he still had his red roadster and had just brought a nos kit . But when monies have been payed and product not received thats not good and buyer must do what he can to be made whole! Danny ,Good Luck

Old 03-25-2010, 01:04 PM
FP

I have had dealing with Anthony as well. I'm not influenced by my personal experience, just the facts. It's very tough to take this position when we can use all the support we can for our cars. Anthony has done that. But, unethical business dealings will not be accepted.

You should continue to do business with him if you have trust in him. But not off this site.

Last edited by FP; 03-25-2010 at 01:08 PM.
Old 03-25-2010, 01:07 PM
Post Re: Need help with possible Scammer and warning to other members

Originally Posted by FP
I have had dealing with Anthony as well. I'm not influencedby my personal experience, just the facts.

You should continue to do business with him if you have trust in him. But not off this site.

I understand that FP. Danny

Old 03-25-2010, 01:13 PM
FP

Trust me on this one. This is the one time I wish to be wrong.

Old 03-25-2010, 01:59 PM

The part that I'm not getting here is who the heck are we talking about? Josh, Anthony, who????? Somebody obviously using 4 screen names, but are they one in the same, joshanthony?

Old 03-25-2010, 05:24 PM
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Dang, what a bummer.

Old 03-25-2010, 05:45 PM

call me an a$$hole, but this is not the place for this conversation. this is a marketplace.

not a courtroom.

not a chat room.

can this be moved to an area more appropriate? or deleted, it is leaving a bad taste in everyones mouth.

everytime i log on it shows a new post in this section of the forum, and i think to myself "oooh goody, whats for sale now!"...but it is nothing.

obviously i feel bad when people get ripped off, cheated, lied to, stolen from.

sorry FP if i am repeating you and others sentiments. early in the morning here and the coffeeis not doing the job on this sunny Friday.

live life. what has been will be agan. it is what is. let dead dogs lie. it is a dog eat dog world, and there is not enough dog to go around, so get your dog while you can.

(on a side note: never had a problem purchasing anything from anyone on this forum. and i have done a lot of purchasing in the last three weeks!)

Old 03-25-2010, 06:32 PM
Forum Regular

WOW- I'm glad I still keep up with this forum. I didn't want to miss this!

Quick Reply: Need help with possible Scammer and warning to other members