Parts/Accessories for sale - Archive This forum is no longer accepting new listings. Go to **the *new* Crossfire Marketplace**

Need help with possible Scammer and warning to other members

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2010, 06:31 PM
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Re: Need help with possible Scammer and warning to other members

What is interesting is that in theory, your IP address should change every couple of days or so. Your ISP uses DHCP to assign you an IP address. This address is leased to you. ISP's have different time frames for leased IPs to expire. Generally this is every 2 or 3 days. Now here is the rub.... Most ISPs now will attempt to renew your IP with your existing IP when the lease expires. So, it is not uncommon for a user to keep the same IP address for years. The whole reason for having leased IPs is to prevent users from using their home computer as an internet host. I guess ISP's have gotten lax with their policies on this. Having said that, I can easily release my current ip lease, and then renew a new ip. If I were going to steal from someone on the internet, I could very easily spoof my ip address and take other measures to hide my identity, but the average user would not know how to do this.

My whole point of this, is that if FP has found that there are 4 users that are consistently using the same ip address via log files that he has access to, then these 4 users are indeed the same person to a certainty (or at the minimum using the same computer).

Last edited by bmorgan; 03-24-2010 at 06:33 PM.
Old 03-24-2010, 06:54 PM

sive81364, I know that this puts things into a whole new light for you. It will be interesting to see if you follow through with the FBI and pass on this information to them. Good luck, and I hope everything works out for you in the end.

Old 03-24-2010, 07:01 PM
FP
Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by bmorgan
What is interesting is that in theory, your IP address should change every couple of days or so. Your ISP uses DHCP to assign you an IP address. This address is leased to you. ISP's have different time frames for leased IPs to expire. Generally this is every 2 or 3 days. Now here is the rub.... Most ISPs now will attempt to renew your IP with your existing IP when the lease expires. So, it is not uncommon for a user to keep the same IP address for years. The whole reason for having leased IPs is to prevent users from using their home computer as an internet host. I guess ISP's have gotten lax with their policies on this. Having said that, I can easily release my current ip lease, and then renew a new ip. If I were going to steal from someone on the internet, I could very easily spoof my ip address and take other measures to hide my identity, but the average user would not know how to do this.

My whole point of this, is that if FP has found that there are 4 users that are consistently using the same ip address via log files that he has access to, then these 4 users are indeed the same person to a certainty (or at the minimum using the same computer).
Very well explained.

Old 03-24-2010, 07:37 PM
Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by FP
Very well explained.
I will pass this info on to one of our detectives. They work the internet to catch child **** perps, but this can be an easy one for them...if it pans out this is the case...well, we shall see....but I wouldn't hold my breath....they have more access, but they won't be the ones to follow thru....once I have the info, I will just post it here for you all to do as you wish...I won't be able to do this until Sat evening...FP....PM me what you have please...

Old 03-24-2010, 07:42 PM

Well, TVT_DESIGN is signed in right now. Maybe he will post an explanation of what is going on.

Old 03-24-2010, 07:57 PM
FP

Well, TVT_DESIGN is signed in right now. Maybe he will post an explanation of what is going on.
He's been on several times today. I've also see he has send some PMs.

Old 03-24-2010, 08:21 PM
Received 610 Likes on 510 Posts

Originally Posted by FP
He's been on several times today. I've also see he has send some PMs.
If TVT_DESIGN is legitimate then an employee may be using inside knowledge to scam members using the company computer. It's been done before and will be done again.
Edit
Ignore the following line as I cannot find the thread connection, old brain playing tricks I guess.
(If my memory serves me correctly then a thread that I read some time back put a connection between TVT and SVT Cobra. I may be wrong but that is my feeling, I have no idea what the thread was though.)
Edit,
I too find it impossible to believe that the same IP address could be assigned to three or four people on this forum. That same IP address would show up if those same people used the same equipment before it was disconnected. A new IP address would be assigned the next time that equipment was connected.
This has been an interesting thread, unfortunately not a happy one.
I am often amazed that for paltry sums of money some people will risk getting themselves a bad reputation. I guess by now I should know better, but I have faith that most people are not like that at all, just the bottom feeders.

Last edited by onehundred80; 03-25-2010 at 01:03 PM.
Old 03-24-2010, 10:18 PM
ADDICTED TO BOOST
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So....when does the "banning" take place in accordance to the thread at the top of every page on this forum?

Old 03-24-2010, 11:40 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BLKFIN
So....when does the "banning" take place in accordance to the thread at the top of every page on this forum?

Hmm shaddy why wasn't a new thread started? If this has yet to be answered the rest of thr forum should know. Just my 2 cents I stumbled across it catching up on some old threads.

Old 03-25-2010, 12:11 AM
TVT_DESIGN

I want you to prove to me that he used my IP address.

I'm sorry FP but as much as I try to respect you this is ridiculous. I have 0 connections with this dousche and until you show some concrete evidence you really need to keep your mudslinging to yourself.

I've dealt with so much petty crap with some people on this forum and this is by far the worst.

So prove to me that the same IP address is available in Texas where he is at and NJ where I am at.

I know how the IP thing works and he would need to have access to my computer to show that he and I use the same IP address. Show me one post that TVT_Design posted that shows his IP address.

Old 03-25-2010, 12:31 AM
FP

There are several, but to give you one example this post from you is the same IP as the posts for SVTcobra for:

brand new auto sprint booster

74mm throttle body

nw cai+74 TB

All come from IP address 206.53.147.63. No one else other than AFWs04 SVTcobra, and you use this IP to post. BTW, further investigation proves AFWS04 is an alias for AIDEN DESIGN who was banned some time back. The same Josh you sympathized with when he was banned. You later were going to try to team up with him to sell the clear lenses.

All coincidence?

There are a lot more if these coincidence BTW. You share more IP addresses among only you two, KBCOBRA, TT COBRA

Last edited by FP; 03-25-2010 at 12:44 AM.
Old 03-25-2010, 12:42 AM
TVT_DESIGN

Originally Posted by FP
There are several, but to give you one example this post from you is the same IP as the posts for SVTcobra for:

brand new auto sprint booster

74mm throttle body

nw cai+74 TB

All come from IP address 206.53.147.63. No one else other than AFWs04 SVTcobra, and you use this IP to post. BTW, further investigation proves AFWS04 is an alias for AIDEN DESIGN who was banned some time back. The same Josh you sympathized with when he was banned. You later were going to try to team up with him to sell the clear lenses.
That's the Research In Motion IP address genius (206.53.147.63 - United States IP. Detailed location, ISP and more info.). It's a random address given to Blackberry users that go on the forum with their blackberry. Do some more research next time before you go spewing trash.

My IP address is: 68.196.230.239, my home IP. 173.100.242.249 is when I'm using my Sprint wireless card.

Oh and the lens thing was because everyone wanted the lenses but no one trusted Aiden designs. I wasn't the one that got the ball rolling on that. I offered to buy them from him and sell them to you guys. Meaning I pay first and then sell, not collect any money before hand. But in case you missed it, he flaked out and completely dissapeared. Even Tino at CTD hasn't heard from the guy.

I'm still pissed, but my rant is done.

Old 03-25-2010, 12:48 AM
TVT_DESIGN

Just an update my current IP address on my black berry (changes when you reboot) shows me in Kansas and is 68.171.234.195.

Google the IP address in question and you will find:

Paige Joki, obviously one of the Aliases discussing a debate about UCLA

http://victorybriefsdaily.com/2009/1...-from-whitman/

A ton of people speaking Spanish here. This guy goes through great lengths to take on new identities

http://www.blogdemoviles.com.ar/apli...ra-blackberry/

And for all you sports fans, it seems our culprit voted for OTHER on the NBA draft site

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sourc...k9bBddCH9jzqMg

I think I have made my point

Oh and FP when you are stalking me and see my IP address say 99.142.69.255, I'm right in your neighborhood! Uh oh I hope I don't download an IP scrambler and just put myself all over the world...

Last edited by TVT_DESIGN; 03-25-2010 at 12:57 AM.
Old 03-25-2010, 12:50 AM
FP

Originally Posted by TVT_DESIGN
That's the Research In Motion IP address genius (206.53.147.63 - United States IP. Detailed location, ISP and more info.). It's a random address given to Blackberry users that go on the forum with their blackberry. Do some more research next time before you go spewing trash.

My IP address is: 68.196.230.239, my home IP. 173.100.242.249 is when I'm using my Sprint wireless card.

Oh and the lens thing was because everyone wanted the lenses but no one trusted Aiden designs. I wasn't the one that got the ball rolling on that. I offered to buy them from him and sell them to you guys. Meaning I pay first and then sell, not collect any money before hand. But in case you missed it, he flaked out and completely dissapeared. Even Tino at CTD hasn't heard from the guy.

I'm still pissed, but my rant is done.
Oh, please don't be pissed..

This not the only IP in question that only you two share, genius. I purposely did not ban you to give you a chance to explain this, but is this all you have? Are you the only ones in the country with blackberries? All these IP addresses are only shown by you and these others. The IP address you post as your IP is your registered IP address, not your posting IP addresses.

Old 03-25-2010, 01:03 AM

Wow, this is becoming very interesting. So, after returning here several times since FP posted this 13+ hours ago, you finally reply by calling him a liar. I only have the facts that have been presented here, so let me add a couple of my own. You say that you know how IP addresses work, so you are aware that ISP's are assigned blocks of IP addresses by region. With that in mind, it would not be possible for a user in Texas to have an IP address that matches a users IP address in New Jersey even if by the rare chance that DHCP released the IP from one user and assigned it to the other user. Ok, what about IP spoofing? Maybe this user in Texas somehow found out the IP address that your current lease was attached to. Well, that won't fly either, because IP spoofing is designed to hide your IP address by creating IP packets that contain bogus IP addresses in an effort to impersonate other connections and hide your identity when you send information. While it would be theoretically possible for a user to obtain your IP and spoof it, it is highly improbable to consistently do that within this forum over a prolonged period of time. Lets look at another fact that FP stated. He said that these 4 accounts utilized multiple IP addresses. Now this really complicates things. Can you find any post in this forum that you did not personally make? If not, then the only conclusion that can be made is that you have used more than one computer to make posts on this forum. Now, that would mean that this malicious impostor would not only have to know the IP address for one of your computers, but he would have to have some mystical power to obtain the IP's of multiple computers that you utilize. Then he would have to come up with a spoofing scheme to randomly utilize your multiple IP addresses while logged into this forum. I am pretty good with this stuff(in theory), but DAMN.... this sure seems like a lot of work to do over an extended period of time to to lay a foundation to steal a couple of hundred dollars off of an unsuspecting forum member. You say that you understand how IP addresses work, so you can certainly appreciate the level of effort that would be involved to perpetrate a low level crime like this. We will not even go into the exchanged emails and phone calls involved in this transaction.

So, taking your statement into account..... There are 2 possible explanations:

!. FP is a total idiot and does not know how to read an activity log.
2. You are a thief.

From where I sit right now..... hmmmmm...... I think I know which conclusion I will favor.

Last edited by bmorgan; 03-25-2010 at 01:13 AM.
Old 03-25-2010, 01:18 AM
TVT_DESIGN

The address in question is located in kansas, which is exactly where this ip address should post up. However, my last post should show up on a different address.

Show me all the addresses we share and I will guarantee they are RIM addresses.

And don't go assume FP is such a great guy, there are a lot of things that go on behind the scenes with a lot of the "revered" people on here that isn't public.

Old 03-25-2010, 01:31 AM
TVT_DESIGN

Originally Posted by FP
Oh, please don't be pissed..

This not the only IP in question that only you two share, genius. I purposely did not ban you to give you a chance to explain this, but is this all you have? Are you the only ones in the country with blackberries? All these IP addresses are only shown by you and these others. The IP address you post as your IP is your registered IP address, not your posting IP addresses.
If you wanted me to explain myself why not get in touch with me first? You have my cell, both emails, numerous ways to PM me, my home address, and the list goes on.

Old 03-25-2010, 01:35 AM

I am not sure that I understand what you are trying to say here. I assumed that you were located in New Jersey since the TVT website states that TVT Design is located there. So, you are in Kansas? If so, then please explain to me how a blackberry user in Texas could spoof your blackberry IP address in Kansas, and do it over multiple IPs. Maybe I am missing something here. It would not be the first time.

To your second point, I am sure that everyone including myself would like to know what goes on behind the scenes with the many "revered" people in this forum. It seems like a very opportune time to get things out in the open. Don't make an open ended statement like that unless you can back it up. Please explain!

Last edited by bmorgan; 03-25-2010 at 03:04 AM.
Old 03-25-2010, 01:39 AM
TVT_DESIGN

One more new IP before I go to bed.

I will do this every day just to prove my point. I'm that stubborn.

Old 03-25-2010, 01:48 AM
TVT_DESIGN

I am not sure that I understand what you are trying to say here. I assumed that you were located in New Jersey since the TVT website states that TVT Design is located there. So, you are in Kansas? If so, then please explain to me how a blackberry user in Texas could spoof your blackberry IP address in Kansas, and do it over multiple IPs. Maybe I am missing something here. It would not be the first time.

To your second point, I am sure that everyone including myself would like to know what goes on behind the scenes with the many "revered" people in this forum. It seems like a very opportune to get things out in the open. Don't make an open ended statement like that unless you can back it up. Please explain!
First, when you post using a blackberry it gives you an IP address in Kansas. Search the IP addresses I've posted and once from a few of my posts and you will see that. I haven't posted often with my blackberry, just use it for PMs. In the summer I post more with it, but in the winter I'm near a comp. Everytime it reboots you get a new IP and if anyone has a new blackberry you know just how often the damn things freeze and need to be rebooted.

I would never out anything on the forum. I'm not that type of person. I've had to deal with a lot of mistreatment and crap from some of the members here and honestly it gets to be a tad childish.

I'm young, 25, but I carry myself much more maturely. Ask any of my customers and they will tell you that I go above and beyond to help them, a lot of the time it doesn't even benefit me, but I enjoy doing it. I've built my company up with my own cash and lots of time. I'm in school full time for most of the year and also work a full time job at an acute psych hospital. Trying to pretend to be someone else for a few hundred dollars is really not something I can squeeze into my schedule. A few thousand, maybe, jk.

I've had to defend myself a lot. Even when I was at Carlisle people thought some pretty negative things of me because I never paid a sponsorship fee. Mind you no one told me about the fee until after all the bad vibes. Once told I promptly wrote a check, no questions asked.

I'm sorry for the rant, but I work too hard to let something be twisted to go against me.

On that note, Bmorgan, you're on the East coast and it's pretty late. I'm up studying, but why are you still awake?

Quick Reply: Need help with possible Scammer and warning to other members