Caa Racing

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2010 | 10:04 PM
|
Default Re: Caa Racing

Originally Posted by ProjectMayhem
Will see how my schedule goes. I ran the tuesday street car shootouts all last year but i may have little freetime this summer.
You're not hiding behind your job again are you?

roadster with a stick

Old 05-21-2010 | 10:31 PM
|
Default CAA Road racing

Road Racing at the CAA will include Tuesday night drag racing, oval track and a road course on Wednesday.

TUESDAY
Drag racing is $33.00 at the track and starts at 2:30 in the afternoon. We will run as two classes, NA and SC. There may be some Bimmer and Benz guests of the Eurocharged group. They can run as a group or against any crossie challengers.
The fee covers the Freestyle Drags that begin after 6:00 PM, so stay and run with the street crowds or, watch from the stands or go back to the hotel.

WEDNESDAY
Road Racing and Oval track runs will be available on Wednesday evening. Starts at 5:00 PM and runs till 9:00.

There will be spins around the oval track from 5:00 till 6:00. Three loops at $15.00.
There will be a road course for 3 of the four hours. $50.00 Road course fee includes unlimited loop track runs.

Oval Loop speeds will be held at 55 MPH if you are without a helmet. We will have a group run for anyone who wants to do this.
Second group will run 80MPH (Possibly a little more if everyone behaves) but you must have a helmet.

At 6:00 we will start the road course which includes six turns and about 1/2 of the oval track from just past turn two of the oval to just before turn one.

Road Course requires a helmet. It will be singles, not door to door racing, on a timed course. This will allow you to run against yourself. Or against the timings of other's.

You can run it all night (until they close the track) if you want to.

There is a Petro gas station directly accross the street if you burn up your tank. No re-entry fee required, just come on back, get in line for another run.

YOU CANNOT MISS THIS EVENT

Folks, the corporate sponsor has secured the track for the night. For this, along with the Drag event, some $5,000 has been put up for the enjoyment of having the track available for our group. Please come and enjoy as a spectator or as a participant.

This is not three laps around for a charity donation. THIS IS GETTING ON THE PAVEMENT AND LEAVING SOME RUBBER.

We would prefer advance reservations and payment. Paypal or mail.

That said, there should be plenty of room in the line. Therefore we will gladly take your money at the track.

Whether you are a serious road course racer or just want to stretch the legs on your garage queen in a safe environment, this event ought to excite anybody who loves to drive fast and hard. At least once in a while.

And no how, no way, can you get a ticket on this track.

So come and cut loose a little, or a lot.

Just let us in on your plans.

franc

Last edited by Franc Rauscher; 05-21-2010 at 11:39 PM.
Old 05-22-2010 | 08:53 AM
Default CAA Racing

- Copied from the Racing part of the forum -

Road Racing at the CAA will include Tuesday night drag racing, oval track and a road course on Wednesday.

TUESDAY
Drag racing is $33.00 at the track and starts at 2:30 in the afternoon. We will run as two classes, NA and SC. There may be some Bimmer and Benz guests of the Eurocharged group. They can run as a group or against any crossie challengers.
The fee covers the Freestyle Drags that begin after 6:00 PM, so stay and run with the street crowds or, watch from the stands, go back to the hotel, OR go to the Rascals game.

WEDNESDAY
Road Racing and Oval track runs will be available on Wednesday evening. Starts at 5:00 PM and runs till 9:00.

There will be spins around the oval track from 5:00 till 6:00. Three loops at $15.00.
There will be a road course for 3 of the four hours. $50.00 Road course fee includes unlimited loop track runs.

Oval Loop speeds will be held at 55 MPH if you are without a helmet. We will have a group run for anyone who wants to do this.
Second group will run 80MPH (Possibly a little more if everyone behaves) but you must have a helmet.

At 6:00 we will start the road course which includes six turns and about 1/2 of the oval track from just past turn two of the oval to just before turn one.

Road Course requires a helmet. It will be singles, not door to door racing, on a timed course. This will allow you to run against yourself. Or against the timings of other's.

There is a Petro gas station directly accross the street if you burn up your tank. No re-entry fee required, just come on back, get in line for another run.

Folks, the corporate sponsor has secured the track for the night. For this, along with the Drag event, some $5,000 has been put up for the enjoyment of having the track available for our group. Please come and enjoy as a spectator or as a participant.

This is not three laps around for a charity donation. THIS IS GETTING ON THE PAVEMENT AND LEAVING SOME RUBBER.

That said, there should be plenty of room in the line. Therefore we will gladly take your money at the track.

Whether you are a serious road course racer or just want to stretch the legs on your garage queen in a safe environment, this event ought to excite anybody who loves to drive fast and hard. At least once in a while.

franc

Last edited by Erzer; 05-22-2010 at 10:02 AM.
Old 05-22-2010 | 09:02 AM
Default Re: CAA Racing

Originally Posted by Erzer
- Copied from the Racing part of the forum -

TUESDAY
The fee covers the Freestyle Drags that begin after 6:00 PM, so stay and run with the street crowds or, watch from the stands, go back to the hotel, OR go to the Rascals game.

WEDNESDAY

franc
no tickets, but pursuits are possible....lol....I am in for these both days....

Last edited by Erzer; 05-22-2010 at 10:04 AM.
Old 05-22-2010 | 10:01 AM

Spectators allowed? I would like to see what is happening before I decide to participate.

James

Old 05-22-2010 | 10:05 AM

Originally Posted by James1549
Spectators allowed? I would like to see what is happening before I decide to participate.

James
It says so for Tues, but I'm sure it will be for Wed as well.

FRANC???

Old 05-22-2010 | 11:20 AM
|

Originally Posted by James1549

James
We are open minded people here in St Louis.

Of course you can watch.

But bring money 'cause you will want to join in.

roadster with a stick

Old 05-22-2010 | 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by Franc Rauscher
But bring money 'cause you will want to join in.

That is what I was thinking...

Old 05-22-2010 | 07:56 PM
Forum Regular

Franc: Julie and I will be road racing and I think we'll probably go around the oval. We'll have our gear.

James: I do not think you should watch, but I do think you should drive.

Old 05-24-2010 | 02:43 AM
Forum Regular

Hope to make both days Franc Drag and road course

Old 05-24-2010 | 02:46 AM
Forum Regular

In for both days

Old 05-24-2010 | 08:25 AM
She can ride with me ;)

Franc,

Put me down for the road racing / road course on Wednesday. I plan to grab a couple loops in the 5:00-6:00 range and then do the road course from 6pm on. Sorry, I probably won't be doing the drag racing. I'm not gonna bring my slicks all that way.

Where do I send the $65 for the road course?

Old 05-24-2010 | 09:38 AM
|

Originally Posted by tom2112
Franc,

Put me down for the road racing / road course on Wednesday. I plan to grab a couple loops in the 5:00-6:00 range and then do the road course from 6pm on. Sorry, I probably won't be doing the drag racing. I'm not gonna bring my slicks all that way.

Where do I send the $65 for the road course?
GCG- CAA
PO Box 403
Wentzeville MO 63385

Send a check made out to the Gateway Crossfire Group,(or to me, I need new front tires).
You only need to send $50.00 as the Loop spins are included in the Fifty bucks for the road course runs.
It's $15.00 to run the laps around the track, if that is all you want to do.

roadster with a stick

Old 05-24-2010 | 12:30 PM

Hey Franc .... I'm a newbie to track Drag Racing, but I'm going to try it for my first time. Just for fun, and just to see what I, and the car can do, AND THAT'S ALL !!! I originally listed myself as a spectator, but what the HELL! Just don't tell my bride !!!! My SRT is ready to go .......

Old 05-24-2010 | 12:58 PM
|

Originally Posted by IBLUBYU
Hey Franc .... I'm a newbie to track Drag Racing, but I'm going to try it for my first time. Just for fun, and just to see what I, and the car can do, AND THAT'S ALL !!! I originally listed myself as a spectator, but what the HELL! Just don't tell my bride !!!! My SRT is ready to go .......
That's great news.

The whole point of the racing event is to have fun in a safe friendly environment.

Our thoughts were to create a situation where even the garage queens could be comfortable running down the track amoung friends.

No pressure to win anything. Just enjoy

Run the Drags against other Crossfires on Tuesday. Jump from the stop light with no fear of getting arrested.

Run the Roadcourse against yourself on Wednesday. Go as fast as you are comfortable or be crazy.

Grinning the whole time.

Last edited by Franc Rauscher; 05-25-2010 at 10:01 PM.
Old 05-26-2010 | 08:25 PM
Forum Regular

I will need new tire's before the return trip , So "what the hell boy's lets go racing"
PS, will know if a tire store in town can provide Michelin All season/Pilots 255 35 r19 r2w ,and installon thursday24 th

Old 05-26-2010 | 08:44 PM

Franc, I'm doing all the racing events...so if you need the $$$$$ up front, let me know the total...this is all I am doing....drinking and gambling the rest of the time....lol.....I thought we paid at the tracks...just let me know..

Old 05-26-2010 | 08:47 PM
|

Originally Posted by Sandgrounder
I will need new tire's before the return trip , So "what the hell boy's lets go racing"
PS, will know if a tire store in town can provide Michelin All season/Pilots 255 35 r19 r2w ,and installon thursday24 th

We have some tire stores here somewhere next to the blacksmith or the farrier's place.

I'll see what we can ruscle up.

franc

Last edited by Franc Rauscher; 05-27-2010 at 07:06 PM.
Old 05-26-2010 | 10:17 PM

Originally Posted by Sandgrounder
If you go through tire rack and have them ordered and delivered to an authorized partner, you can more than likely find them cheaper than just going with a tire store. I don't have a lot of room, but if they won't hold them in house and you authorize it, I'm sure we can figure a way to get them picked up and taken back to that store prior to your return trip.

Old 05-26-2010 | 10:36 PM
|

Originally Posted by oledoc2u
Franc, I'm doing all the racing events...so if you need the $$$$$ up front, let me know the total...this is all I am doing....drinking and gambling the rest of the time....lol.....I thought we paid at the tracks...just let me know..
The track events can be prepaid but since the Drag racing is a gate fee it gets confusing.

Pay for racing at the track is fine.

Fees are per car and are as follows;

Drag racing is $33.00 pay the track.
Drag Spectator for our event is free but they may charge for the evening public event. We don't know.

Loop runs at 55 MPH are without helmet and cost $15.00. It will be three or six loops run single file behind the pace car.
Same for Loop runs with Helmet at 80MPH.

This event lasts only from 5:00 to 6:00PM

Loop and roadcourse combo are $50.00, require a helmet, and last all nite. This event starts at 6:00 and goes until 9:00, darkness, or when they determine the sun is too far down.

Pay the Club.

Easy to remember, Tuesday, Pay the track
Wednesday Pay the Club.

Last edited by Franc Rauscher; 05-27-2010 at 07:07 PM.

Quick Reply: Caa Racing