New Member Introductions Welcome new members !! This is the place to post a new thread and introduce yourself and tell us a little about yourself and what model Crossfire you just bought or are looking to buy. Threads created for anything other than introductions are subject to be moved to the appropriate section in the forum for the topic being posted.

Looking at buying a Crossfire Limited Coupe

Old 02-01-2016, 05:37 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Looking at buying a Crossfire Limited Coupe

Originally Posted by theglot
Bill,
I am also 70 but find no problem getting in and out. Easier than some cars I have had.
Enjoy.
I should have qualified that by mentioning I could lose 40 lbs and I have a lot of arthritis in my neck and should making bending my neck difficult. And having driving a Dodge Caravan Sport for the past 14 years. No comparison there.

You can see I'm a bit short and chunky in the photo. You're lucky.

Bill

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
IMG_3606-1.JPG (2.54 MB, 15 views)
Old 02-01-2016, 06:11 PM
Received 159 Likes on 147 Posts

You look just fine, but losing 40 pounds would be a good idea for BOTH of us !
HOWEVER - those headlights are in sore need of refurbishing and some Xpel vinyl covers.
I refurbed mine 3 years ago and installed the covers, they still look new today !

I used this restoration kit :
http://www.walmart.com/ip/19794453?w...557752&veh=sem

and this xpel kit :
http://www.xpel.com/products/headlig...516&series=599

Last edited by ala_xfire; 02-01-2016 at 06:16 PM.
Old 02-02-2016, 01:55 AM

Originally Posted by ala_xfire
You look just fine, but losing 40 pounds would be a good idea for BOTH of us !
HOWEVER - those headlights are in sore need of refurbishing and some Xpel vinyl covers.
I refurbed mine 3 years ago and installed the covers, they still look new today !

I used this restoration kit :
Meguiar's Heavy Duty Headlight Restoration Kit - Walmart.com

and this xpel kit :
XPEL Head Light Protection
Wow. I had just researched kit for the headlights and came up with this one as the best product. I love Mecguire products. I had tried another product on my Dodge headlights and it looked like crap. Then I paid someone professional to do it and it was still crap. Ended up I found replacement fixtures on eBay for $70 a piece. No such luck I can see with the Crossfire ones.

While waiting for a genuine manual to arrive in a few days, I'm fumbling to see how things work. I noticed tonight when I unlocked the car in a very dark area no interior lights came on. I had to use the flashlight on my iPhone to find the key hold. Hilarious. Getting a little better with practice getting in and out without looking like a contortionist. I do love that once in it s amazingly comfortable.

Well, off to bed finally. Got my reservations for the CAA #7 event made. Do you join the NW Crossfire Club. I don't see anything anywhere. How do they know you're going except by the hotel reservations, I guess. Will have to ask someone. Confusing. But then I'm O.D. ing with wonderful information overload. Just ordered a very cool cartoon Crossfire t-shirt with a red Crossfire on a white t-shirt (got the t-shire addiction after I bought the Harley).

Bill

Old 02-02-2016, 08:47 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by bledrew
I should have qualified that by mentioning I could lose 40 lbs and I have a lot of arthritis in my neck and should making bending my neck difficult. And having driving a Dodge Caravan Sport for the past 14 years. No comparison there.

You can see I'm a bit short and chunky in the photo. You're lucky.

Bill
I also am on my way down in weight. 52, 6'½" 262 and falling.
I get in OK, even with my recent neck surgery. Getting out is OK as long as I can open the door 2 stops, I put my left elbow right where the b pillar would be, aboce the latch plate as I get out...
Hopefully by Woodward time I will be under 225.

Old 02-02-2016, 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by pioneer4x4
I also am on my way down in weight. 52, 6'½" 262 and falling.
I get in OK, even with my recent neck surgery. Getting out is OK as long as I can open the door 2 stops, I put my left elbow right where the b pillar would be, aboce the latch plate as I get out...
Hopefully by Woodward time I will be under 225.
Amazing. Your technique is almost the same as mine. However, I have to move the seat all the way back (have it up pretty far at 5'6" 231 lbs. Trickiest if I end up parked with someone too close to me. Potential could have me stuck until they move. I try to park as far away as possible.

I wish they could do something about my neck and shoulders. I've got a lot of arthritis around a neck injury from a motorcycle accident 30 years ago. It limits my range of motion and turning my head.

Bill

Old 02-02-2016, 11:21 AM

Amazing. Your technique is almost the same as mine. However, I have to move the seat all the way back (have it up pretty far at 5'6" 231 lbs. Trickiest if I end up parked with someone too close to me. Potential could have me stuck until they move. I try to park as far away as possible.

I wish they could do something about my neck and shoulders. I've got a lot of arthritis around a neck injury from a motorcycle accident 30 years ago. It limits my range of motion and turning my head.

Bill
I had 2 discs removed and 3 vertebra fuzed, 5,6,7 about 15 months ago. From a bicycle crash in 1978. Finally got an MRI and it showed the compressed discs squishing the spinal cord. Range of motion is really pretty good, unless I try odd angles like leaning forward, and look up at the same time. Side to side is fine, it wasn't great before the surgery due to pain, and didn't change. If I can't open the door 2 clicks, I can't get my left foot out or in! I think as I lose weight it may get easier and harder, I will fit down in more, and have to lean out more before standing.

Old 02-02-2016, 01:18 PM

I had 2 discs removed and 3 vertebra fuzed, 5,6,7 about 15 months ago. From a bicycle crash in 1978. Finally got an MRI and it showed the compressed discs squishing the spinal cord. Range of motion is really pretty good, unless I try odd angles like leaning forward, and look up at the same time. Side to side is fine, it wasn't great before the surgery due to pain, and didn't change. If I can't open the door 2 clicks, I can't get my left foot out or in! I think as I lose weight it may get easier and harder, I will fit down in more, and have to lean out more before standing.
I've considered seeing if surgery would help as it's really causing me issues turning my head to see properly...critical to both driving the Crossfire and even more with my Harley Fatboy.

Is the recovery time very long for that kind of surgery?

Off to stop the rattle in the hatch latch today. Found lots of info about it.

Bill

Old 02-02-2016, 02:33 PM

Is the recovery time very long for that kind of surgery?
I believe it varies a good bit based on several things, I was off work 3 weeks (desk job) and no driving for maybe 8? I only spent 1 night in the hospital, couldn't get out fast enough. After the first 4 days I felt like going to work the next Monday, then 2 weeks later, still was rough. Initial shock of surgery went away quick, but living in a collar worried your head will fall off is creepy. I used cadaver bone for the fusion, if you are older/bone issues/smoker, stuff like that, they will use a bone graft from your hip, and that heals faster in your neck, but you have additional surgery issues with the donor site.
I should have had it done decades ago, but never correctly diagnosed until MRI.
I have really no issues in the Crossfire from it. Any time I bang the top of my head getting in a car it is very painful, but that doesn't happen in the Crossfire.

Old 02-02-2016, 02:51 PM

I believe it varies a good bit based on several things, I was off work 3 weeks (desk job) and no driving for maybe 8? I only spent 1 night in the hospital, couldn't get out fast enough. After the first 4 days I felt like going to work the next Monday, then 2 weeks later, still was rough. Initial shock of surgery went away quick, but living in a collar worried your head will fall off is creepy. I used cadaver bone for the fusion, if you are older/bone issues/smoker, stuff like that, they will use a bone graft from your hip, and that heals faster in your neck, but you have additional surgery issues with the donor site.
I should have had it done decades ago, but never correctly diagnosed until MRI.
I have really no issues in the Crossfire from it. Any time I bang the top of my head getting in a car it is very painful, but that doesn't happen in the Crossfire.
Thanks for sharing that. I've procrastinated as well having other issues. I have issues with my right knee from a fall 4 years ago. Don't need a replacement they say, but they can't get rid of the pain when twisting, tying shoe, etc. Amazingly walking, riding my Harley and driving doesn't bother at all. Sitting and twisting or stairs are not so nice.

Bill

P.S. Out to try the electrical tape to see if that fixes my rattle. Maybe not the ultimate solution, but will determine if that stops it. I like simple solutions that don't make a mess.