New Member Introductions Welcome new members !! This is the place to post a new thread and introduce yourself and tell us a little about yourself and what model Crossfire you just bought or are looking to buy. Threads created for anything other than introductions are subject to be moved to the appropriate section in the forum for the topic being posted.

New Owner

Old 12-01-2015, 03:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile New Owner

How did it all start?? I decided I'd really like to have a new/used car. I'd driven a van for years and it seemed everyone I knew was getting a new/used nice car. I have always said my dream car was a Nissan Z. My son started sending me craigslist links to look at but then I did a little looking on my own. I came across a blue Crossfire and really liked it. As it turned out, it was a deal I couldn't refuse.

Let me just say that I have never driven a sports car before nor have I been obsessed with them in any way. I had always admired the looks of the Z but it was just the looks. I didn't long for one or for any sports car. Then along comes the craigslist ad that changed everything. I love my car!! I love that it is blue. (I am a huge University of Kentucky basketball fan!) I love that there is still room to throw a certified therapy dog in the back to go visit a nursing home. I love that it gets better gas mileage than my van - even if the gas is more expensive. I have had the more expensive oil change done but I love that it's only every 7000 miles. I have put expensive tires on the back but love the way it drives on wet road now. I love that it has made me clear out a garage full of useless stuff (and add a new garage door and opener) so I can protect it, especially this winter when I won't drive it. I love that it has more power than anything I have ever driven and I'm learning to drive like I stole it. It is my everyday car but I will go back to driving my van (also a Chrysler) this winter when it snows. Luckily, the winters in KY are not that long but I know I will miss it!

I think I just love everything about this car!! Right down to the strange cup holder. I usually only have water to drink with me and it only took one corner too fast to make me realize that I needed to close my Tervis tumbler when i put it back in the holder.

I couldn't do the Tail of the Dragon in the fall but I sure hope I can go in the Spring. I look forward to meeting other owners and driving my car!!

While I'm being wordy, a big thank you to the FB group. Everyone there is SO nice and helpful!! I highly recommend it!

Old 12-01-2015, 06:15 PM
Administrator / Senior Member
Received 629 Likes on 430 Posts
Default Re: New Owner

Always happy to see new members come here and share their love of their Crossfire
Welcome to the forum and Crossfire ownership
The Tail of the Dragon is one event not to be missed
You will reach a new level of passion for your car once you drive it in those mountains and meet all the other Crossfire owners that have the same passion as yourself

Gary

Old 12-01-2015, 09:18 PM

Thanks, Gary!

The Dragon is on my calendar and I have a friend that said she wants to come with me. She has a motorcycle so she already knew about the Dragon but I think she likes my Crossfire, too.

Old 12-02-2015, 07:50 PM
Received 608 Likes on 488 Posts

Congrats on your recent purchase of a XFire. Sounds like you've already come to realize the joy of driving this car. The joy of ownership can be rewarding also, but the car does have its 'qwerkiness'. But within this forum is a world's worth of solutions & advice on how to take car of anything that comes along on the car.

Enjoy your new ride.

Old 12-03-2015, 02:05 AM

Thanks! I look forward to learning more about the car, qwerkiness and all. I know this forum has tons of information and will scan it for whatever issues I might come across. So many good people to share what they know with other owners.

Old 12-28-2015, 10:26 AM
Administrator
Received 965 Likes on 752 Posts

Originally Posted by jbris01
How did it all start?? I decided I'd really like to have a new/used car. I'd driven a van for years and it seemed everyone I knew was getting a new/used nice car.

Let me just say that I have never driven a sports car before nor have I been obsessed with them in any way. I had always admired the looks of the Z but it was just the looks. I didn't long for one or for any sports car. Then along comes the craigslist ad that changed everything. I love my car!! I love that it is blue. (I am a huge University of Kentucky basketball fan!) I love that there is still room to throw a certified therapy dog in the back to go visit a nursing home. I love that it gets better gas mileage than my van - even if the gas is more expensive. I have had the more expensive oil change done but I love that it's only every 7000 miles. I have put expensive tires on the back but love the way it drives on wet road now. I love that it has made me clear out a garage full of useless stuff (and add a new garage door and opener)

I couldn't do the Tail of the Dragon in the fall but I sure hope I can go in the Spring. I look forward to meeting other owners and driving my car!!!
Your story reads like mine from 6 years ago.

Now, there is no such thing as taking a corner too fast in a Crossfire.

Second, a Dragon meet is just what you need; not only will you have a wonderful weekend and meet great friends, but you will go home with greatly more knowledge of the car.

Last edited by pizzaguy; 12-28-2015 at 10:29 AM.
Old 12-28-2015, 04:58 PM
Former Vendor
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi and welcome to the forum!

Old 12-31-2015, 10:27 PM
Smile Re: New Owner

I too am a new Crossfire owner (05 Roadster). I think my excitement matches yours. I won't drive it much this winter, but will take it to Key West this summer. I can't hardly wait.

Old 01-01-2016, 02:53 AM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by jbris01
Right down to the strange cup holder
The best cup holder is the one between the passenger seat and the bulkhead. In a bottle of course.

DSC03339_zpsgbkncfaa.jpg

Last edited by Travish; 01-01-2016 at 03:01 AM.
Old 01-10-2016, 05:14 PM

Ah qwerky what a great word , just the word to describe the alfa romeo mito 115tb i bought last july, 2009 model 9,000 miles , dash readout in italian, mileage reads kms, etc etc no matter how many times i reconfigure the readout to english. miles, back it goes, No solution to this problem found on the internet, however if this was my wifes crossfire im sure the guys on this forum would have cracked it.!