New Member Introductions Welcome new members !! This is the place to post a new thread and introduce yourself and tell us a little about yourself and what model Crossfire you just bought or are looking to buy. Threads created for anything other than introductions are subject to be moved to the appropriate section in the forum for the topic being posted.

new member with expensive fix

Old 10-04-2015, 11:31 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool new member with expensive fix

My name is Greg. I live in Florida.

Recently bought a 2006 Xfire Ltd Convertible. Given age and only 15,000 miles, I had everything that might be a problem from age with low miles checked. Few minor things -- only major was valve cover gasket. Then car came to a stop while driving as if out of gas. Dealer replaced gas float valve and sensor since engine thought it was not getting fuel. Now I'm told it needs a new dash board cluster (an expensive part that's difficult to get from Mopar approved suppliers). I've been waiting three weeks.

Any advice?

Old 10-04-2015, 10:52 PM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: new member with expensive fix

Check this thread. It is a common problem.

https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...-no-start.html

or here

https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...o-warning.html

Old 10-05-2015, 01:18 AM
Received 27 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by chili

Recently bought a 2006 Xfire Ltd Convertible. Given age and only 15,000 miles, I had everything that might be a problem from age with low miles checked. Few minor things -- only major was valve cover gasket. Then car came to a stop while driving as if out of gas. Dealer replaced gas float valve and sensor since engine thought it was not getting fuel. Now I'm told it needs a new dash board cluster (an expensive part that's difficult to get from Mopar approved suppliers). I've been waiting three weeks.

Any advice?

Dashboard cluster for not getting fuel? I don't see the connection but like Travish said the RCM. It has the fuel pump relay. Does the dealer hear the pump running or measured it's flow?

Old 10-05-2015, 08:12 AM
Received 610 Likes on 510 Posts

Originally Posted by chili

Any advice?
You are being ripped off.
Take the car somewhere else, preferably to your home. You probably have received the solution in the above posts.
Get the fault codes red or get them from the dealer. You can pick up good good cluster ion eBay, but I really doubt that you need it, this dealer will keep changing parts until you have a huge bill.
Ignore the dealer, kick him out of the equation.

Last edited by onehundred80; 10-05-2015 at 08:15 AM.
Old 10-05-2015, 11:05 AM
Administrator
Received 963 Likes on 751 Posts

So much for logical troubleshooting, huh Klay?

Ever notice that ANYTIME the word "Dealership" is in a new member's post, it is a story of expensive non-fixes that make no sense?

Old 10-05-2015, 03:01 PM
Received 27 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by pizzaguy
So much for logical troubleshooting, huh Klay?

Ever notice that ANYTIME the word "Dealership" is in a new member's post, it is a story of expensive non-fixes that make no sense?

LOL! Sometimes I wonder if the maint. manual just gets in the way of logical troubleshooting.... :roll eyes:

As a friend says... ya gotta be smarter than the box.

Last edited by KDW4Him; 10-05-2015 at 03:05 PM.