New Member Introductions Welcome new members !! This is the place to post a new thread and introduce yourself and tell us a little about yourself and what model Crossfire you just bought or are looking to buy. Threads created for anything other than introductions are subject to be moved to the appropriate section in the forum for the topic being posted.

New to Forum - looking to buy a 2008 roadster

Old 08-19-2013 | 01:40 AM
Default New to Forum - looking to buy a 2008 roadster

Hello Crossfire Forum, I've been reading various stories for a couple of weeks. Decided to join today. I'm a girlie girl in the midst of a midlife crisis. After driving an SUV and a Volvo wagon (mom UV) for the past 18 years, I want a sports car! Saw a Crossfire roadster at the mall and have been obsessed every since.

Questions for you experts:

Found a reasonably priced '08 with less than 10k miles.Coworker said I should be careful that car may have been sitting and rings could be dried out and fluids settled. Your thoughts?

One writer stated he changed the rear wheels on his wife's car to 18" rims and 225/45 tires. Is this a workable/recommended option to save on tire costs?

Will mostly city drive this vehicle. Don't need a tricked out racer but want to make the improvements that will extend the life of the car and my enjoyment of owning it. What would you suggest I undertake first?

Your input is welcomed.

Old 08-19-2013 | 06:42 AM
Default Re: New to Forum-looking to buy a 2008 roadster

Whatever you buy, first thing to do is change the oil & filters.
By filters, I mean oil filter, air filters & cabin filter, I don't think extended period of no use is a big problem, other than accumulated moisture buildup.

Having all 4 wheels at 18" is quite acceptable, many have done that.

As to extended life in city driving, see the first sentence.

Old 08-19-2013 | 08:43 AM

You'll find that most cars out there have very low miles and one owner- garage queens- OR have a bunch of owners as people purchased the car, realized it might not be the most reasonable and passed it on to the next. At least here in New England, the few that I looked at had quite a few owners- my theory being they probably sold them in the winter!

At any rate, I wouldn't worry about a car that has sat a little while, just make sure you look over the common problem areas (rust on the bottom of the doors, etc).

As mentioned, you can switch out the rear tires but then you loose one of the more endearing features of the car! Many a gentleman will be impressed when you start spouting things like "staggered" and "19's in the rear". It sounds like you'll be happy to just get in and drive so I wouldn't worry too much about modifications, these cars are pretty reliable on their own.

Old 08-21-2013 | 11:03 AM

Thanks for the advice. Is anyone in the Pompano Beach, Florida area? If so, please let me know. I may have found my car!

Old 08-21-2013 | 11:13 AM
Administrator

You might go to Facebook and join the Florida Crossfire Group page.
Most people spend more time on Facebook than here.

We also have regional forums farther down the page here as well.

Old 08-21-2013 | 11:35 AM

Thanks. Will check ou Facebook.