Interior Any questions or information related to interior go in here.

Stolen Steering Wheel

Old 09-02-2014, 05:50 PM
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Unhappy Stolen Steering Wheel

Please let me know if you run across a Crossfire steering wheel, for sale, or just if you would happen to lay eyes on it that looks like this.

http://www.meinlenkrad.de/ebay/images/1138a5.2.JPG

Back in 2/2014 I removed the steering wheel from my car and shipped it to Meinlenkrad (meinlenkrad GmbH - Veredelung von Lenkrädern, Lenkrad mit Leder neubezihen) a reputable company I found on German eBay. They do recovering and other enhancements to steering wheels. They did their thing to my steering wheel (within 10 days) and shipped it back to me.
It shipped out of Germany via DHL, once it was in the U.S. it was handed over to the USPS for delivery.The tracking for the package went dead after it departed a USPS Customs Sort Facility (2/2014) in New Jersey, somehow the package, allegedly in pieces, showed up at the Detroit Network Distribution Center in Allen Park Michigan

Carole Blount (a manager at the Detroit Network Distribution Center in Allen Park Michigan) sent some
pieces (cut with a box cutter not torn) of the cardboard package 4000 miles back to Germany rather than contacting me 30 miles away in Michigan. These pieces were eventually sent to me by Meinlenkrad. My name, address, email and phone number were all on the shipping label, which was intact. It should have been scanned as damaged on arrival. DHL has concluded that the steering wheel was stolen. I have submitted search requests to the USPS lost package facilities that have come up with nothing. USPS denies any responsibility. Just last week, Meinlenkrad has finally been reimbursed about 85% of the amount I paid them for their services (by DHL), they are refunding me that amount. I still am out the steering wheel. So if you see or hear anything let me know. There are a couple of markings I made on the wheel that would show it to be mine.