CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource

CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/)
-   Interior (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/interior/)
-   -   A splash of Cedar, a dash of Slate (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/interior/54157-splash-cedar-dash-slate.html)

JHM2K 01-23-2012 11:56 PM

Re: A splash of Cedar, a dash of Slate

Originally Posted by InfernoRedXfire
Great job John! I'm glad to see you make that SRT-6 your own. I look forward to seeing the finished product. OK, it will never be finished. hahaha! ;)

Thanks Dan! And you're absolutely right hahahaha :p

Originally Posted by Mike-in-Orange
Gorgeous. Simply gorgeous.

Much appreciated, Mike. Coming from someone who sees the best the automotive world has to offer on a regular basis, that means a lot. :cool:

Originally Posted by Franc Rauscher
John,

Just now got to see it. Those seats look far better in your SRT than any thing I could have put them in.

Absolutely beautiful.

franc

Thanks Franc!! This wouldn't have been possible without you "pardoning" the sale. Let me know when you're swinging through town, Kim and I will meet up with ya, and the brews are on me. :)

Blessings, friend.

--John

magredvet 01-24-2012 06:59 AM

[quote=dtinker]Magredvet & Noles;
How are you guys, I haven't seen either of you in a long time. Sounds like your both busy making changes.[/quote

Hey Dave, sorry for hijacking the thread, but we need a GTG soon :D
Been busy on the MG so haven't got a lot done on the coupe .....so little time, so much to do ...........

PNA 01-24-2012 10:26 AM

Love it. Definitely the way it should have been from the factory. However, personally, the only other thing I'd do is ditch the red steering wheel (or reverse the color scheme on it and have the slate on the wheel and the red on the center).

Great Job.....................

JHM2K 01-24-2012 10:49 AM

Originally Posted by PNA
(or reverse the color scheme on it and have the slate on the wheel and the red on the center)

We actually thought about this, but then there would be a visual trick played on your eyes -- when you looked towards the dash the ring would blend with the rest, and there would be a red bag hovering in the middle of nowhere.

In the current configuration, the steering wheel "frames" the airbag, since incorporating the full red dash was not desirable. Therefore, leaving the dash black required me to do one of three things:
  • Black steering wheel and airbag ($$$ and boring)
  • Black wheel, red airbag ($$$ and unsavory visual illusion)
  • Red wheel, red airbag (too much red in one spot)
  • Red wheel framing black airbag (ultimately what we went for)
The last option was also $0, so that won for a few reasons :cool:

Still considering a dye-job on the back portion of the wheel to tame the steering wheel down a notch... that jury is still out.

MikeR 01-24-2012 12:41 PM

Quit debating the slate backside and do it!....:D I think it will be great... but, it isn't my car.....:rolleyes:

(but I do have little paddle shifters now.....)

PNA 01-24-2012 02:36 PM

Originally Posted by JHM2K
We actually thought about this, but then there would be a visual trick played on your eyes -- when you looked towards the dash the ring would blend with the rest, and there would be a red bag hovering in the middle of nowhere.

In the current configuration, the steering wheel "frames" the airbag, since incorporating the full red dash was not desirable. Therefore, leaving the dash black required me to do one of three things:
  • Black steering wheel and airbag ($$$ and boring)
  • Black wheel, red airbag ($$$ and unsavory visual illusion)
  • Red wheel, red airbag (too much red in one spot)
  • Red wheel framing black airbag (ultimately what we went for)
The last option was also $0, so that won for a few reasons :cool:

Still considering a dye-job on the back portion of the wheel to tame the steering wheel down a notch... that jury is still out.

I see your point. I've never liked the red combo the way it was from the factor. The way you have it set up...........I like it. I wish I could get rid of the blue in mine and go all black like the top of the dash is..... and just keep my gray / slate combo seats and doors. It's not that I dislike the lighter grey / blue on the console and lower part of the dash, it's just that it shows wear more than the black.

papas34 02-09-2012 06:09 PM

My 2 cent.....

I have a Black 05 Limited Coupe with the cedar interior.......Too much cedar for me.....and I'm a big fan of the 50's.

I love what you have done a lot....I would however like to see the steering wheel without the cedar on the backside.......

Looking forward to recovering from my last surgery so I can get the crossfire out of storage and getting read for some summer fun....

Wish the Northern Utah GTG was closer to you all.

Anyone interested in a 2 day run in Utah?

JHM2K 02-09-2012 09:19 PM

Originally Posted by papas34
My 2 cent.....

I have a Black 05 Limited Coupe with the cedar interior.......Too much cedar for me.....and I'm a big fan of the 50's.

I love what you have done a lot....I would however like to see the steering wheel without the cedar on the backside.......

Looking forward to recovering from my last surgery so I can get the crossfire out of storage and getting read for some summer fun....

Wish the Northern Utah GTG was closer to you all.

Anyone interested in a 2 day run in Utah?

Thanks for the compliments!! Utah is a bit of a journey for me though... :D

sk8erjosh09 02-10-2012 09:22 AM

I really like the way your car looks John, Im not a big fan of cedar but what you got is a good blend.

JHM2K 02-10-2012 10:09 AM

Originally Posted by sk8erjosh09
I really like the way your car looks John, Im not a big fan of cedar but what you got is a good blend.

Thanks bro! I actually had someone at the gas station stop me last night to get a better look inside... they asked where they could order this car in this color combo...

Then I told them it was a 2005 :o

And custom :o :o

sk8erjosh09 02-10-2012 10:16 AM

Originally Posted by JHM2K
Thanks bro! I actually had someone at the gas station stop me last night to get a better look inside... they asked where they could order this car in this color combo...

Then I told them it was a 2005 :o

And custom :o :o

I bet the look on there face was priceless :D ... I have only had a few people curious enough to follow and ask me about my car but they all thought it was a 2012-2013 model, and asked "what the hell is that!?" one guy said it looks like a space ship. Ive probably sent a few dozen people to the hospital with broke necks though. :cool: . Its hilarious when they triple take.