Interior Any questions or information related to interior go in here.

Please Help

Old 12-08-2010, 08:49 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please Help

This morning I got in my car to go to work and when I went to shut the door I ripped the door pull handle right off the door panel. I've ordered another from moparpart.com (luckily it was only $30) and hopefully I should have it by this weekend.
I've read through the post about removing the door panel but I was wondering if I need to go through all that in order to replace the door pull. I obviously have access to the two torx screws because of the new gaping holes in my door panel, but if I remove those torx screws will the broken remnants of my door pull come out of the door panel? Or do I need to remove the entire door panel in order to remove the broken pieces and install the new door pull from the back of the door panel?
Please help, I really don't feel like wasting my Saturday replacing this cheap piece of plastic.

Last edited by caddymike85; 12-08-2010 at 12:51 PM.
Old 12-08-2010, 12:34 PM
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Re: Please Help

I'm pretty sure the panel has to come off. BUT, it's a really easy job!

Old 12-08-2010, 12:56 PM
Received 610 Likes on 510 Posts

Originally Posted by caddymike85
This morning I got in my car to go to work and when I went to shut the door I ripped the door pull handle right off the door panel. I've ordered another from moparpart.com (luckily it was only $30) and hopefully I should have it by this weekend.
I've read through the post about removing the door panel but I was wondering if I need to go through all that in order to replace the door pull. I obviously have access to the two torx screws because of the new gaping holes in my door panel, but if I remove those torx screws will the broken remnants of my door pull come out of the door panel? Or do I need to remove the entire door panel in order to remove the broken pieces and install the new door pull from the back of the door panel?
Please help, I really don't feel like wasting my Saturday replacing this cheap piece of plastic.
The door handle is two pieces and two pieces have to be ordered. Some people have ordered what they thought was the pull handle and only got one of the two parts delivered.

Old 12-08-2010, 01:34 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the insight onehundred. I checked moparpart.com and it is impossible to tell from the illustration if the part I ordered is the entire pull handle or just the front cover. I've sent them an email to figure it out. If it is just the front cover then you can expect me to make a new post pleading for cheap door panel to purchase.