Interior Any questions or information related to interior go in here.

Cleaning the SRT-6 Seats

Old 11-03-2007, 09:35 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cleaning the SRT-6 Seats

The other day I was down on the ground taking some photos of the installation of the new grill. I was at my fabricators place and we had something down to lay on but I got my seat on some very oily dirt. I didn't notice it and when I got out at home I had a lot of oily soil on my SRT-6 seat. I was very unhappy. I came to the Forum and thanks to info posted found out what the fabric was and read their website. They say that "other products" can be used to clean the seat but give few specifics. They do say don't wet the seat too much and don't rub it heavily. So, I got some Woolite Carpet and Upholstery Cleaner, Portable Oxy Deep Pod (Comes in a rub type container with liquid) It's recommended for stains and heavy soil. I took a sponge, dampened it and put the solution evenly on the sponge and wiped. It took the soil and stain right off, like new and the seat was only slightly damp. It has now dried and looks like new. Thought I would share this in case some of you also have soil or stains.

Old 11-04-2007, 03:41 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Old 02-04-2008, 06:14 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Cleaning the SRT-6 Seats

Originally Posted by donoutwest
The other day I was down on the ground taking some photos of the installation of the new grill. I was at my fabricators place and we had something down to lay on but I got my seat on some very oily dirt. I didn't notice it and when I got out at home I had a lot of oily soil on my SRT-6 seat. I was very unhappy. I came to the Forum and thanks to info posted found out what the fabric was and read their website. They say that "other products" can be used to clean the seat but give few specifics. They do say don't wet the seat too much and don't rub it heavily. So, I got some Woolite Carpet and Upholstery Cleaner, Portable Oxy Deep Pod (Comes in a rub type container with liquid) It's recommended for stains and heavy soil. I took a sponge, dampened it and put the solution evenly on the sponge and wiped. It took the soil and stain right off, like new and the seat was only slightly damp. It has now dried and looks like new. Thought I would share this in case some of you also have soil or stains.
Good call! I just did my seats, and it worked just as you said. Thanks!

Old 02-04-2008, 09:07 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I got some Woolite Carpet and Upholstery Cleaner, Portable Oxy Deep Pod
Does this mean you did NOT use the oxygen activated cleaner that comes with the POD but rather Woolite's good old Carpet & Upholstery Cleaner instead? My first reaction to using an oxygen activated cleaner is the risk of "bleaching" the material.

Old 02-04-2008, 09:19 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I did use the Woolite POD. I tested it first and it worked well for me. But, I was careful not to saturate the fabric. I spread it on a damp sponge and cleaned gently. As I reread your question, not sure what you are asking. The Woolite POD is a "Portable Oxy Deep Pod".

Last edited by donoutwest; 02-04-2008 at 09:23 PM.
Old 02-05-2008, 11:02 AM

I did use the Woolite POD. I tested it first and it worked well for me. But, I was careful not to saturate the fabric. I spread it on a damp sponge and cleaned gently. As I reread your question, not sure what you are asking. The Woolite POD is a "Portable Oxy Deep Pod".
I was looking for clarification because of this line:
So, I got some Woolite Carpet and Upholstery Cleaner, Portable Oxy Deep Pod (Comes in a rub type container with liquid)
That made it sound like you bought a different cleaner than what comes with the Pod. I Googled "Woolite Oxy Pod" and got Woolite's website and read up on the Pod. Looks like a nifty little device but there is no mention of Woolite Carpet and Upholstery Cleaner on the product page, hence my confusion. Thanks for clearing it up for me.

Old 06-08-2008, 11:54 PM

For leather seats, many detailers use the basic Woolite laundry detergent in 1:6 ratio of Woolite/water with great results.