Interior Any questions or information related to interior go in here.

Trim panels under 1/4 windows and bulkhead top cover

Old 06-29-2007, 03:42 PM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trim panels under 1/4 windows and bulkhead top cover

I was wondering how to remove the two trim pieces under the rear quarter windows. The hard plastic cover on the top of the bulkhead/gas tank assembly is making a little "creaky-squeaky" noise where it runs under the plastic trim pieces at either end. it's especially bad on the driver's side; right behind my head !

I'd like to pull off the trim piece and add some felt or soft plastic to stop the squeaking where these two parts are rubbing together. There are a couple of little Torx screws holding the rubbery molding at the bottom of the quarter window. If I pull this off will the trim panel unsnap or something ?

What I'd really like to do is remove the bulkhead top cover entirely and cover it with a nice microfiber faux suede or leather...

Thanks,
Slim

Old 06-29-2007, 07:38 PM
tnd
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Trim panels under 1/4 windows and bulkhead top cover

Originally Posted by Cincinnati Slim
I was wondering how to remove the two trim pieces under the rear quarter windows. The hard plastic cover on the top of the bulkhead/gas tank assembly is making a little "creaky-squeaky" noise where it runs under the plastic trim pieces at either end. it's especially bad on the driver's side; right behind my head !

I'd like to pull off the trim piece and add some felt or soft plastic to stop the squeaking where these two parts are rubbing together. There are a couple of little Torx screws holding the rubbery molding at the bottom of the quarter window. If I pull this off will the trim panel unsnap or something ?

What I'd really like to do is remove the bulkhead top cover entirely and cover it with a nice microfiber faux suede or leather...

Thanks,
Slim
There is another screw (phillips) behind the seat belt plastic surround on the left side, you will have to remove the plastic surround to remove the plastic 1/4 panel, as for the bulkhead top piece, if I remember right, there are either some screws holding it down or it just pops off, hope this helps.

Tom