General This section is threads for discussion that is not related to the Crossfire or other cars. It can be about sports, movies etc. - But NO POLITICS please

Creationism Vs. Evolution: The Debate Is Live Tonight

Old 02-04-2014, 02:44 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Creationism Vs. Evolution: The Debate Is Live Tonight

After two weeks of hype about a football game that turned out to be far less exciting than expected and after what feels like two months' worth of reports about wicked winter weather, it's nice to have something completely different to talk about — even if it's a topic that sparks heated discussion:

Tonight at 7 p.m. ET, it's evolution vs. creationism when Bill Nye "the science guy" and Ken Ham, founder of the Creation Museum in Petersburg, Ky., debate onstage (and live online, for free, here and here).

As Louisville's Courier-Journal explains:

"It began with an online video, viewed 6 million times: TV's 'Bill Nye the Science Guy' arguing that teaching biblical creationism was bad for children.
"That got under the skin of Ken Ham, founder of Northern Kentucky's controversial Creation Museum, which presents the biblical creation story as scientific fact. Ham fired back with a video of his own, and with the viral buzz growing, the two sides agreed to a public showdown."

Big Think/YouTube

Creation Museum/YouTube
They'll be onstage at the museum. According to the Courier-Journal, "the $25 tickets ... sold out in two minutes, and discussion of the event has lit up cultural blogs, attracted national attention and stoked an ages-old fight between science and religion."

CNN's Belief Blog has posted pieces about the positions that Ham and Nye take:

— Ham: "Most students are presented only with the evolutionary belief system in their schools, and they are censored from hearing challenges to it. Let our young people understand science correctly and hear both sides of the origins issue and then evaluate them."

— Nye: "I say to the grownups, if you want to deny evolution and live in your world, that's completely inconsistent with the world we observe, that's fine. But don't make your kids do it. Because we need them. We need scientifically literate voters and taxpayers for the future. We need engineers that can build stuff and solve problems."

Nye's video is here. Ham's response video is here. We'll watch for news and update.

Here is the link to the article
Creationism Vs. Evolution: The Debate Is Live Tonight : The Two-Way : NPR

Old 02-04-2014, 02:55 PM
Received 607 Likes on 402 Posts
Default Re: Creationism Vs. Evolution: The Debate Is Live Tonight

Bill Nye's elitist answer is the educational process that has led to our dismal graduation rates and the low quality product from our current Public school system.

Even The founder of evolution admitted his findings were full of errors. Darwin died with doubt.

And Scientists have been looking for the missing links, to prove him right, ever since.

Neither side can refute conclussively the other as the physical evidence supports the possiblity of either. This so called debate will be as helpful to the argumet as listening to the convincing logic of political heads in Washington D.C. about Global Warming.

Last edited by Franc Rauscher; 02-04-2014 at 08:32 PM.
Old 02-04-2014, 03:10 PM
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

— Nye: "I say to the grownups, if you want to deny evolution and live in your world, that's completely inconsistent with the world we observe, that's fine. But don't make your kids do it. Because we need them. We need scientifically literate voters and taxpayers for the future. We need engineers that can build stuff and solve problems."

Arrogant pig!

Old 02-04-2014, 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by tunaglove

Arrogant pig!
LOL your response to what bill nye said is arrogant pig? Your debating skills are amazing.

Old 02-04-2014, 03:59 PM
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Thirteendog
LOL your response to what bill nye said is arrogant pig? Your debating skills are amazing.
Better than your grammar skills. Oink!

Old 02-04-2014, 04:21 PM

Hat tip to Noah Gray for the link.

Old 02-04-2014, 05:14 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

On what day did God create the Crossfire???

Old 02-04-2014, 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by winstonscifi
One of his better days, naturaly

Old 02-04-2014, 05:20 PM

Originally Posted by winstonscifi
It's probably considered years now. It's kind of like when you have a newborn you tell people how old they are by how many days they've been on this earth, then weeks, finally you reach months and you keep that until they're like 4 years old and start using years like the rest of the world. So the question is On what year did God create the Crossfire???

Old 02-04-2014, 05:23 PM
Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Well, it should be interesting...but, you know I would still rather error on the side of just maybe God is real, than find out a little too late...besides, it isn't a bad way to live.

Old 02-04-2014, 05:28 PM

It's probably considered years now. It's kind of like when you have a newborn you tell people how old they are by how many days they've been on this earth, then weeks, finally you reach months and you keep that until they're like 4 years old and start using years like the rest of the world. So the question is On what year did God create the Crossfire???

Now Nick. The Crossfire is a pretty cool creation, but a year in the making?

God created the Heavens and the earth and all that is within in seven DAYS. I doubt he spent a year on the Crossfire. That is just illogical

A week at most.

Old 02-04-2014, 07:59 PM
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I'm REALLY hoping this thread will take a humorous tack...

Old 02-04-2014, 08:31 PM

Originally Posted by maxcichon
I'm REALLY hoping this thread will take a humorous tack...
I'm tryin'
But this is a really tough crowd.

Old 02-04-2014, 08:38 PM
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by oledoc2u
Well, it should be interesting...but, you know I would still rather error on the side of just maybe God is real, than find out a little too late...besides, it isn't a bad way to live.
Agreed! Cause if your wrong on the evolution side.. there's gonna be hell to pay!

Old 02-04-2014, 08:58 PM

Originally Posted by Franc Rauscher
Now Nick. The Crossfire is a pretty cool creation, but a year in the making?

God created the Heavens and the earth and all that is within in seven DAYS. I doubt he spent a year on the Crossfire. That is just illogical

A week at most.
LOL I was commenting on how we age babies. First we say they're X amount of days old, then months, then finally years like normal humans.

You bring up an interesting thing though. God created the Heavens and the earth and then created man and women in his own image except he gave them the greatest gift of all. Choice. We choose to be good or evil. We choose whether or not to help our fellow man, we choose to wage war.

Old 02-04-2014, 09:02 PM

we choose to wage war.
I must have been home sick when this option came up for a vote.. Seems I'm always told via CNN.

That "WE" choose doesn't really seem to apply... unless your in reference to which color is faster... then that war is a choice..

Old 02-04-2014, 09:15 PM

Originally Posted by Mrmiata
I must have been home sick when this option came up for a vote.. Seems I'm always told via CNN.

That "WE" choose doesn't really seem to apply... unless your in reference to which color is faster... then that war is a choice..
We choose our congressmen, who choose to wage war. We also collectively choose our president.

Old 02-04-2014, 09:39 PM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We also collectively choose our president.
Really bothers me when people say this. That's all I came by to say.

Carry on.

Old 02-04-2014, 09:49 PM

Originally Posted by Mrmiata

No, you missed the point.
That is the free will given us. We are not slaves or robots in bliss to a deity living unaware of the difference between what is good and what is evil.

Along with the choice, we also were given responsibility for those choices.

Humans chose war. Some do it for greed or power. And some go to war, righteously so, to stop them.
Not out of choice but nobility and sacrifice for their brethren.

War is evil enough. Shall we please not include the stain of it on those who by necessity, not choice, defend against it.

The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety,
is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."
-- John S. Mill

Last edited by Franc Rauscher; 02-04-2014 at 09:59 PM.
Old 02-04-2014, 09:49 PM

Okay.. we now return you to your regularly scheduled creation program.. before a mod shows up and starts his spanking party.. LOL

Quick Reply: Creationism Vs. Evolution: The Debate Is Live Tonight