General This section is threads for discussion that is not related to the Crossfire or other cars. It can be about sports, movies etc. - But NO POLITICS please

Who else have you let drive your Crossfire - kids etc. ??

Old 03-09-2012, 12:03 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Who else have you let drive your Crossfire - kids etc. ??

I had my father test drive my car before I did since he knows a lot more about cars than I do. My xfire is the first stick shift I've driven and luckily for me, not many people I know can drive a stick.

Old 03-09-2012, 02:22 PM

About 50 valet kids. A friend that has driven every car I have ever owned and vice versa (He even got a few laps at Road America). My daughter once. My favorite brother in law once. My mechanic. But not my wife. There are some folks you just can't trust with something this important.

Old 03-09-2012, 02:31 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Uncle_Al
About 50 valet kids. A friend that has driven every car I have ever owned and vice versa (He even got a few laps at Road America). My daughter once. My favorite brother in law once. My mechanic. But not my wife. There are some folks you just can't trust with something this important.
That is fantastic!!!!! 50 valet kids but not the wife... you sir have the platinum "Man Card" which can never be revoked.

Old 03-10-2012, 06:42 AM
Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by ZAHANMA
Only one other person has driven my SRT besides me, and that is my best friend who is also a gear head and crossfire (base) owner.

He is also an auto writer and does a considerable amount of driving different vehicles.

Other than that no one has driven my car...

When I had my base model I did let my dad drive it because I had to head to the airport for a business trip and didn't want to leave the crossfire at the airport...so I took his car and he took mine.

Favorite quote from when my dad was driving the XF, "This thing does 80 pretty easily, especially considering I am in reverse!"

Ahh, good times.
NO, NO, not true....lol.... HINT: 13.1

Last edited by oledoc2u; 03-10-2012 at 06:45 AM.
Old 03-10-2012, 06:47 AM
Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Thanks guys...I just realized. One of my sons hasn't had a chance to drive my cars. I will make that up to him soon. The other two have to cars shows from time to time. I do let close friends on here drive them, and the wife, although she doesn't care to....just threatens to....lol...

Old 03-10-2012, 07:05 AM
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

My car is like a prostitute... everyone can take her for a ride...

Since the V8 there has only been ~10 people who drove it. 5 of them unsupervised, 2 over nighters. Most people I offer for them to take it for a drive they decline. All I ask is for them to clean the seat when they are done...

Old 03-10-2012, 08:18 AM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Beaner
Since the V8 there has only been ~10 people who drove it. 5 of them unsupervised, 2 over nighters. Most people I offer for them to take it for a drive they decline. All I ask is for them to clean the seat when they are done...
lol. as much as my late wife loved the cars, she was too respectful of them. she was an suv kinda girl (ie; the 4-runner was hers...like claiming shotgun). since we lived the fancy-free life of no kids, she let me drive the graphite everywhere. i always offered her the opportunity to drive. i guess why drive when you've got a past-wrenching, unique car husband. i've owned around 50 cars ('56 packard to '78 mazda cosmo...all ltd #'s vehicles). i think she was *respectful* of the power and what position the acceralator may be in. so, she just deferred (i think she could have handled it no problems). too late now. rip, i miss her everyday. just to show she was ready, she kept the miasto ltd. model nearby in the bedroom. lol. she's the reason i have two stock srt-6's. as for who's driven them other than me? techs and wheel folks at my 5*dealer. of course, i look at the odo when i take them home. they know better with the low-mileage stuff.

Last edited by musicnsurf; 03-10-2012 at 08:21 AM.
Old 03-11-2012, 10:27 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

My wife drives it occasionally, I've tried to teach all three of my children to drive the stick. My youngest daughter's new husband and her used it as their get away car in their wedding. Several of my brothers have driven it but not all of them ( I have 11 brothers and a sister). Also some friends have from time to time.

Old 03-13-2012, 08:59 AM

Our Crossfire belongs to the whole family, so everyone can drive it. It is mostly needed by my husband, but sometimes I take it for a drive as well, and our elder son is about to get his driving license soon, we'll let him take the car once we are sure he is a careful driver after my husband or me accompanying him several times.