Exterior & Lighting Any questions related to exterior, lighting and styling go in here.

Front License Plate Bracket Install

Old 03-20-2006, 04:43 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Front License Plate Bracket Install

Greetings! (1st post for me)

I bought an '04 with 6,300 miles on it. The previous owner never had the front license plate bracket mounted, but was thoughtful enough to leave it in the luggage area. No screws were provided. I ordered some mounting screws online. I received 2 threaded torx screws (part #06104122). The bracket lines up very nicely leaving no doubt where the holes should be.

My question, if anyone can help, is: are the threads for the screws already present under the plastic bumper? So basically I would just need to drill the holes and screw in the torx screws. Otherwise i guess I will have the dealer do it.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Old 03-20-2006, 04:49 PM
Forum Regular
Default Re: Front License Plate Bracket Install

Originally Posted by lochmoy

I bought an '04 with 6,300 miles on it. The previous owner never had the front license plate bracket mounted, but was thoughtful enough to leave it in the luggage area. No screws were provided. I ordered some mounting screws online. I received 2 threaded torx screws (part #06104122). The bracket lines up very nicely leaving no doubt where the holes should be.

My question, if anyone can help, is: are the threads for the screws already present under the plastic bumper? So basically I would just need to drill the holes and screw in the torx screws. Otherwise i guess I will have the dealer do it.

funny you bring this up now, my front plate just fell off!!! the screws got stripped... so when you look at the screw... there are little plastic shards in the threads... so my guess is there is!!!

j

Old 03-20-2006, 08:34 PM

My dealer didn't install my bracket either but I've replace my bumper with the SRT 6 one and looking at the back of the bumper, there is no manufactured screw location. I think the screws are just self tapping and if you get to over zealous in tightening, you'll strip the plastic bumper and the screws will fall out with the bracket.

Old 03-21-2006, 01:48 PM

Thanks for the info!

The screws I received are machine screws w/o a self tapping tip. It sounds like I would be best off trying to get to the back side to install a washer/nut to avoid problems later on. I bet that will be a chore!

Is there a member with a Factory Service Manual that could look if the front bracket install procedure is detailed for me???

Thanks in advance!

Old 03-21-2006, 02:07 PM
raulito11

Getting my front plate installed today by the dealership...no charge. Got pulled over and issued a ticket for no front plate ...you would think that the first ticket would be for speeding...

Old 03-21-2006, 02:15 PM
Forum Regular

Thanks for the info!

The screws I received are machine screws w/o a self tapping tip. It sounds like I would be best off trying to get to the back side to install a washer/nut to avoid problems later on. I bet that will be a chore!

Is there a member with a Factory Service Manual that could look if the front bracket install procedure is detailed for me???

Thanks in advance!
You can get a service manual from the forum... 2 members were kind enough to post it on their website for downloading... check out:

https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...service+manual

go to page 2 and 3 you will see the links there.

good luck its over 3,100 pages PDF.

j.

Old 03-21-2006, 05:30 PM

Fantastic...thanks to everyone!!!