Exterior & Lighting Any questions related to exterior, lighting and styling go in here.

Philips Blue Vision

Old 02-23-2006, 05:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Philips Blue Vision

Hi !

I'd like to put some Philips Blue Vision H7 headlights, and some Blue vision W5W parking lights, to change the look of the car.

Does anyone have any pictures of crossfires who has this kind of lights ?
Do you think it will look nice ?
Do you think it's a bad idea ?

Thx !

Tim.

Old 03-19-2006, 09:48 PM
Default Re: Philips Blue Vision

I did this today with the Sylvania products...no pictures, because the H7's made absolutely NO difference in the look of the car! I was surprised. Also, what a pain in the as* to replace those bulbs. The turn signals will be easy, but the low and high beams were a chore. --- I'm waiting on the sylvania silverstar turn signal for front and rear (on order). I expect this will look cool because it will eliminate the yellow bulb.

Old 03-20-2006, 01:53 AM
Question Re: Philips Blue Vision

:s

How did you do to replace them ?
Do you see more in the dark ?
Is it worth 26 Bucks ?

Old 03-20-2006, 11:08 AM

It was a pain in the as*. You replace them as follows: disconnect the neg. terminal at the battery... under the hood, behind the headlights are two rubber caps that just slide right off. Then the connectors supposedly pop right off. Mine took a good deal of persuasion to be removed. There did not appear to be any special way to remove them. I used my index finger and manipulated them until the were free. The side with the overflow tank was the hardest, because I was unable to remove the tank. So it was a bit more difficult. Once the connector is removed, there is a clamp holding the light in place, you push it in, and move it to on side to unclasp it. Then the bulb can be removed. Note the position of the bulb. As you will install the new bulb in the exact same orientation. I still have to adjust my bulbs a bit still, as this morning I noticed that one bulb was higher on the garage wall than the others. I have not noticed a huge difference. I'm not convinced that it was worth all the effort yet.

Old 03-20-2006, 12:17 PM

In france the Right beams a slightly higher than the left one, it helps not putting the beams in people coming in front of you...
A friend is selling them to me for 27 E the pair of two instead of 53 Euros...
Thx for your answer,
I'll try to buy some W5W Blue vision also in a shop and ask them if they can put them on the car with the H7... When I went the first time the asked me if they had to take the bumper off, i said i hope not... lol