Exterior & Lighting Any questions related to exterior, lighting and styling go in here.

Headlight aiming

Old 08-12-2007, 10:24 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Headlight aiming

uhhh that's way cheaper. mine just pops i might take it out today.

Old 04-07-2009, 01:13 PM

mine did the same thing...it "popped" back in...then after turning it about 3 turns trying to get it up...it seems like it falls off the track...and my headlight is aiming down...after several attempts and blisters on my fingers...i gave up. Anyone have the same issue?

Old 04-07-2009, 02:44 PM
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

This is a 2 year old thread!

BUT, I think (know) that your problem is that the bulb is not seated properly. They do take some messing around with to get just right.

See this sticky:

https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...ad.php?t=28907

Just disregard anything to do with HID bulbs. Halogen/OEM and HID bulbs both fit the same. Poorly.

Last edited by maxcichon; 04-07-2009 at 02:50 PM.
Old 05-16-2009, 09:42 PM
Forum Regular

In the Manual It says that the bulbs projectors need to be aligned with some "0's" I dont know where they are, can someone show me with a picture? Also I saw in another post what the H7 HID Bulbs look like (down Below)

IMG_0047.jpg
Mine dont have that little flat part at the bottom, they are round all the way around... does that mean they sent me the wrong bulbs?

Old 05-16-2009, 11:57 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by rakoom2002
In the Manual It says that the bulbs projectors need to be aligned with some "0's" I dont know where they are, can someone show me with a picture? Also I saw in another post what the H7 HID Bulbs look like (down Below)

Mine dont have that little flat part at the bottom, they are round all the way around... does that mean they sent me the wrong bulbs?
My guess would be yes...do the bulbs look like your old halogen bulbs? They should look identical except maybe the HID's will have wires coming from them and an igniter attached to the bulb

Old 08-08-2010, 01:10 AM
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by xfire2005
[B]Hope this gives the information you need.

[*] Position the vehicle on a level surface perpendicular to a flat wall 25 ft away from the front of headlamp lens
[*] From the base of the wall, measure up 5 ft, and tape a line on the wall at the center line of the vehicle. Sight along the center line of the vehicle (from rear of vehicle forward) to verify accuracy of the line placement.
[*] Measure the distance from the center of headlamp lens to the ground. Transfer measurement to the Alignment screen (with tape). Use this line for up/down adjustment reference.
[*]Measure distance from the center line of the vehicle to the center of each headlamp being aligned. Transfer measurements to screen (with tape) to each side of vehicle center line.[/LIST]Description and Operation
Old thread, but I'm needing to do this.

It really doesn't give the info you need. It doesn't tell you where you want the headlights to be.

On my Harley, the manual tells you to draw a line on the wall, 35 inches from the ground. It tells you to put the high beam on, and center it on that line.

Should the XFire headlights be centered on that line 5 feet off the ground? Should the be above it? Below it? Seems awfully high to me.

Old 08-08-2010, 09:44 AM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

If I read that right, the mark at 5' is the center line of the car, left to right. Not sure why you need it started so high.
Then measure the distance from the ground to center line of headlight and use that for up and down adjustment.
Then measure the distance from the center line of the car to the center line of each headlight and put that on the wall. You are going to end up with a line down the wall at center line of the car (vertically) and a line at headlight level(horizontal) with two lines showing the center of each headlight. (or 4 if you do the low and highs)
The instructions don't include how to properly aim the headlights though.....

Old 08-08-2010, 10:50 AM
Received 610 Likes on 510 Posts

This is the best I could find on how to do it.
How To Aim Projector Headlights - Club RSX Message Board