Exterior & Lighting Any questions related to exterior, lighting and styling go in here.

New Impulse mod in progress: Puddle Lights

Old 08-15-2005, 02:41 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cool New Impulse mod in progress: Puddle Lights

Finishing up installing a set of puddle lights. The hardest part so far has been a decent looking place to mount the switch since I want to control when I have them on and off.

Will post pics if anyone is interested when finished...

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
led (Small).JPG (18.0 KB, 319 views)
Old 08-17-2005, 10:09 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: New Impulse mod in progress: Puddle Lights

I think it'd be kinda cool to have them come on when your interior lights come on (unlocking car, opening door).

Old 09-04-2005, 01:06 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Bling, Bling!!! Maybe you should wear some oversized baggy pants and a baseball cap turned inside out... Way cool for the 'hood!!!

Old 09-04-2005, 01:23 AM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by HDDP
Bling, Bling!!! Maybe you should wear some oversized baggy pants and a baseball cap turned inside out... Way cool for the 'hood!!!
I haven't decided which is worse...your lame one-liners or the sad attempt you make at being some sort of SCCA "pro".

Old 09-04-2005, 01:56 AM

To each her own, I apologize for judging your attempts to BLING out the car, just not my idea of a sports car... kinda gave the same sh*t to another member about 1.5 years ago when he put purple florescent lights under his car and had push button hydraulics installed... He dropped out of sight since then... One would hope history will repeat itself... PS: yes I have been racing sports cars for nearly 30 years now...This is a little clip from July 4th when I was visiting Albuquerque NM. I bought the track for the entire day to run my Crossfire... Yes the entire track to myself... How did you spend the 4th of July? http://www.hollywooddigitalimaging.c...bq_raceway.avi Give me 5 laps on a track with you, SRT6 and all, and I will clean your clock by half a track length... I'll even travel to your location and bring a camera crew to document your humiliation!!!

Last edited by HDDP; 09-04-2005 at 02:32 AM.
Old 09-04-2005, 09:55 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Thumbs up Re: New Impulse mod in progress: Puddle Lights

To: HTTP, I just watched your track video...HOLY FREAKING SH-- MAN ARE YOU NUTS! I'm going to have to rethink that Steve McQueen remark I made earlier. You said, after 5 laps you'd be 1/2 a lap ahead of another XF, Heck, you'd probably be a whole lap ahead of me in my GTS.
Since I'm new to the forum, I do have just one question. "Are you and Dan Root friends?" I sure wish I lived in Calif. I'd love to see you "dust" the other so called "better" sports cars out there. But I still think you're FREAKING NUTS! You do look like your having fun though.

Old 09-04-2005, 10:22 PM

Originally Posted by +fireamx
To: HTTP, I just watched your track video...HOLY FREAKING SH-- MAN ARE YOU NUTS! I'm going to have to rethink that Steve McQueen remark I made earlier. You said, after 5 laps you'd be 1/2 a lap ahead of another XF, Heck, you'd probably be a whole lap ahead of me in my GTS.
Since I'm new to the forum, I do have just one question. "Are you and Dan Root friends?" I sure wish I lived in Calif. I'd love to see you "dust" the other so called "better" sports cars out there. But I still think you're FREAKING NUTS! You do look like your having fun though.
That's not NUTS! That was just a fun 4th of July when I was in Albuquerque, NM shooting a movie... I bought the track for the day to have some fun and blow off some steam, and test my set-up... Those taped laps were at the beginning of the day before I got warmed-up...

As far as your question about Dan, absolutely NOT!

Old 09-04-2005, 11:10 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by HDDP
To each her own, I apologize for judging your attempts to BLING out the car, just not my idea of a sports car... kinda gave the same sh*t to another member about 1.5 years ago when he put purple florescent lights under his car and had push button hydraulics installed... He dropped out of sight since then... One would hope history will repeat itself... PS: yes I have been racing sports cars for nearly 30 years now...This is a little clip from July 4th when I was visiting Albuquerque NM. I bought the track for the entire day to run my Crossfire... Yes the entire track to myself... How did you spend the 4th of July? http://www.hollywooddigitalimaging.c...bq_raceway.avi Give me 5 laps on a track with you, SRT6 and all, and I will clean your clock by half a track length... I'll even travel to your location and bring a camera crew to document your humiliation!!!

You will need to refresh my memory of when I cared to know what you thought a sports car should be. The puddle lights, which come on only when the doors are open and are made by Brabus...not quite my idea of bling-type material.

Pretty sure of yourself aren't you?
I would have thought the first time you ran your mouth about the supercharger conversion and were proved wrong, you might have thought twice before making foolish statements...guess I was wrong...

Old 09-29-2005, 11:11 PM

Bump for pics.

Old 09-29-2005, 11:35 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Black SRT
Bump for pics.
Sorry...I tried to post them but it would not let me do it "says they are already in...

https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...ead.php?t=8473 "

Old 09-30-2005, 11:25 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'd like to hear when you are going to be out at Buttonwillow, Willow Springs, or Calif Speedway again. I used to be a member of the SCCA as a flagger but had to stop when I had some back problems. That is all better now & I'm thinking of getting back into it but I sure would love to come out and watch you run some laps.

Old 09-30-2005, 03:27 PM

Originally Posted by 2005-SoCalXfire
I'd like to hear when you are going to be out at Buttonwillow, Willow Springs, or Calif Speedway again. I used to be a member of the SCCA as a flagger but had to stop when I had some back problems. That is all better now & I'm thinking of getting back into it but I sure would love to come out and watch you run some laps.
Our next event with the Racer Factory is on October 22, 23 at Spring Mountain Motorsports Park in Pahrump NV. This will be the last event of the season... You are more than welcome to join us... We are all staying at the Pahrump Nugget Hotel... I have not seen the schedule for next year, but I'm sure we have a dozen events at those tracks again... If you want to join us, go to http://racerfactory.com