Exterior & Lighting Any questions related to exterior, lighting and styling go in here.

clear marker lights

Old 11-14-2021, 03:59 PM
Received 430 Likes on 378 Posts
Default clear marker lights

The clear marker lights from Shamrock.

The following 2 users liked this post by ZERACER:
F4celess (07-14-2022), nemiro (11-15-2021)
Old 07-14-2022, 09:28 AM
Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts
Default Re: clear marker lights

Very sleek ! Was only the other day I walked past the corner of the car and thought how badly those factory front bumper marker light housings stick out!

Simple to remove and re-fit?

Old 07-14-2022, 10:23 AM
Received 485 Likes on 240 Posts

Many Crossfire enthusiast in the US want those factory Euro clear lamps. I have a set here, and when I went to fit them, I thought the exact same as you. They stick out so far. Ugly! But, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. This new option combines the cleaner coloring and the more streamlined look.

Old 07-18-2022, 04:58 AM

Here’s my original “euro” front markers...
Even if I was to get them "tinted" - they'd get picked up and marked as a warning on the MOT (our mandatory, annual vehicle test). Just not worth the hassle, best leave them as is.

Last edited by F4celess; 07-18-2022 at 05:12 AM.
Old 08-31-2022, 10:02 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

could you please send directions on how to order a set of clear front marker lights?
ThaNKS!

Old 09-01-2022, 02:44 PM
Received 132 Likes on 111 Posts

Originally Posted by cometpup
could you please send directions on how to order a set of clear front marker lights?
ThaNKS!
cometpup
Click on the link, Shamrock also supplies the correct bulbs (Red & Amber) as part of the side markers...
Dennis
DTMenace

Clear side markers - finally done! - CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource

Old 09-01-2022, 04:48 PM
Forum Regular
Received 181 Likes on 139 Posts

I like my orange side markers. (There is always one in every crowd! ) I think the amber side lights add a bit of contrasting bling to my Graphite Metallic SRT. (more color along with the amber side lights and red tailights.)
Some car colors will be enhanced, some not. Light colored cars probably benefit with the clear lenses. In all cases it's personal choice.
Here's what needs to be shared to avoid any 'surprises'
Sidemarkers are mandatory in the USA; amber light and reflector in the front, and red on the rear. European countries do not require them. (The consolation is that they're easily changed.)

The US DOT regulation requires an amber front side reflector and an amber front side light. So it's the reflector rule that's driving the side marker color for North American cars (Canadians just get sucked into US market requirements).
The DOT mandates amber markers per "SAE J592: Clearance, Side Marker and Identification Lamps". Any carmaker selling a new car in the US is bound by these regulations. State laws usually follow the federal mandate but might vary slightly. You can do whatever you want, that is, unless you must pass a state inspection in which case you might fail or risk getting a fixit ticket, although maybe unlikely for a sidemarker.

Similarly, planes and boats have red lights on their right sides and green lights on their left sides. (Just for clarification, that would be red on the port (left) wing and green on the starboard.

Old 09-01-2022, 05:41 PM
Received 610 Likes on 510 Posts

Originally Posted by copperfieldkid
(Canadians just get sucked into US market requirements).
In Canada Federal requirements dictate Day Time Running lights on new cars but this is not a requirement to be in compliance with Provincial laws.
Our Crossfires have a Canadian ICM (light switch) which turns on all of the cars lights except the high beams which can still be flashed only. A kit exists that can be used get the DRLs when the US market switch is used.
Back in the early days the bumpers were deemed not up to the Canadian requirements, this turned out to be that the conversion from mph to kph was a fraction below the required kph. This was later overturned, common sense prevailed for once.

Last edited by onehundred80; 09-01-2022 at 06:32 PM.
Old 09-02-2022, 09:32 AM
Forum Regular
Received 181 Likes on 139 Posts

"Back in the early days the bumpers were deemed not up to the Canadian requirements, this turned out to be that the conversion from mph to kph was a fraction below the required kph. This was later overturned, common sense prevailed for once."

-I should have seen that coming from a kilometer away.

Old 09-03-2022, 11:03 AM
Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

Just being curious, it appears the new clear marker made by Shamrock uses a 3D printer to fabricate the fixture base. The outer clear lens is then glued or bonded to the base.

Old 09-03-2022, 11:33 AM

Originally Posted by copperfieldkid
"Back in the early days the bumpers were deemed not up to the Canadian requirements, this turned out to be that the conversion from mph to kph was a fraction below the required kph. This was later overturned, common sense prevailed for once."

-I should have seen that coming from a kilometer away.
That’s a good one.😀

Old 09-03-2022, 11:45 AM

Originally Posted by nemiro
Many Crossfire enthusiast in the US want those factory Euro clear lamps. I have a set here, and when I went to fit them, I thought the exact same as you. They stick out so far. Ugly! But, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. This new option combines the cleaner coloring and the more streamlined look.
I am not keen on them myself but they would look better with the mirrored bulbs used in the rear lights to get rid of the sunny side up egg look.
The flat printed ones just shine brightly in the bulb area because they lack the lenticular feature, they may appeal to some but not me.

A worthwhile mod to the lighting is the use of the flashing unit for the HMSL. This flashes slowly at first and starts rapidly flashing and then remains a solid bright red. It certainly catches the eye and could save you a nasty rear ender. I have had one on my car for years now. They are cheap and easy to install, I got a couple of spares and never had to use them. There is a thread explaining the installation process by GreyGhost.

Last edited by onehundred80; 09-03-2022 at 11:59 AM.
Old 09-03-2022, 06:57 PM
Received 192 Likes on 135 Posts

The clear Euro Lenses look a lot better when you have the mirror bulbs

The following users liked this post:
Sussudio (09-04-2022)
Old 09-04-2022, 02:39 AM
Forum Regular
Received 46 Likes on 42 Posts

Is Shamrock also the one who is making the led marker light that is also a signal light?

Old 09-04-2022, 11:20 AM
Forum Regular

No.