Exterior & Lighting Any questions related to exterior, lighting and styling go in here.

Clear Side Markers

Old 06-11-2020, 04:49 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clear Side Markers

Have not been able to find clear side markers anywhere, any links?!
Thanks

Old 06-11-2020, 04:57 PM
Received 105 Likes on 78 Posts
Default Re: Clear Side Markers

Good luck on this auction...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Chrysler-Cr...EAAOSwcK5e4LoU

Old 06-11-2020, 10:35 PM
Received 146 Likes on 121 Posts

$$$$$$ wow ! I didn't know clear side marker lights were that expensive and you would have to buy 4

Last edited by dcskmail; 06-11-2020 at 10:38 PM. Reason: misspelled
Old 06-12-2020, 12:31 AM
Received 193 Likes on 136 Posts

Originally Posted by dcskmail
$$$$$$ wow ! I didn't know clear side marker lights were that expensive and you would have to buy 4

You just need a pair for the front. The bulbs for the clear lenses are chrome tip so they are concealed in the clear lenses. When they flash, they’ll flash yellow

You cannot use clear marker lenses on the back of the car

Wow, the high price was noted. That’s a surprise, don’t let it hold you back.

it’s the only set for sale and once these are sold, the next pair to come up for sale will probably go up in price.

if you want them you’ll have to open the wallet or continue to enjoy the nice yellow ones

These items are a little like going to Costco, you see it and you want it, you buy it.

three days later they’re gone.

Old 06-12-2020, 08:48 AM

I thought the fronts will fit the back if you reverse them and the chrome bulbs are available in red or is it a dot legal issue that you can't use clear on the rear of the car
you're right about Costco,
been there

Last edited by dcskmail; 06-12-2020 at 08:50 AM. Reason: misspelled
Old 06-12-2020, 08:57 AM

I thought the fronts will fit the back if you reverse them and the chrome bulbs are available in red or is it a dot legal issue that you can't use clear on the rear of the car
Yes they are the same lenses front and rear. I have never seen them on the rear of the car. I suppose you could try it but it doesn’t really matter if you don’t start with a pair for the front. The auction is over in 4-5 days so I’m sure this won’t be a topic of discussion after they’re gone.

Old 06-12-2020, 11:09 AM
Received 503 Likes on 429 Posts

I can't wait for someone to pay that amount for lenses and then get a HUGE ticket (in the country of ticket origin) for having an incorrect lens in the wrong position! Of course they will NEVER post it in here, it's just I want to know who got nailed doing that! Of course, after that, they will try to 'recoup' the initial cost of the lenses AND the ticket added to that... WOW!!!

There is a huge SAFETY issue to having the CORRECT color/position of side MARKER lights, so ppl at night can see and tell WHAT DIRECTION a vehicle is facing. Can you imagine getting caught after an accident with the wrong color bulbs/lenses on the fenders? Insurance companies might not pay, litigation follows, who would take that risk? Guess there will be a lot of them...

Old 06-13-2020, 08:44 AM

Originally Posted by GraphiteGhost

I can't wait for someone to pay that amount for lenses and then get a HUGE ticket (in the country of ticket origin) for having an incorrect lens in the wrong position! Of course they will NEVER post it in here, it's just I want to know who got nailed doing that! Of course, after that, they will try to 'recoup' the initial cost of the lenses AND the ticket added to that... WOW!!!

There is a huge SAFETY issue to having the CORRECT color/position of side MARKER lights, so ppl at night can see and tell WHAT DIRECTION a vehicle is facing. Can you imagine getting caught after an accident with the wrong color bulbs/lenses on the fenders? Insurance companies might not pay, litigation follows, who would take that risk? Guess there will be a lot of them...

GG
I’m not sure where you live but in 2020, $250 is not a lot of money for something that’s no longer available You want it you dig a little deeper it’s just that simple

Clear lenses with amber bulbs don’t cause any problems, install the correct bulbs and the blinker flashes yellow, check that box

What can you say about a statement like this “can’t wait for someone to pay that amount and get a huge ticket”. That’s a very kind supportive thought.

Happy Saturday

Old 06-13-2020, 09:01 AM

Amber lenses are nice but I’m a fan of clear front Lenses. I was fortunate to locate a set and I’ve installed them on my ride, I like how they look against the white paint.

I have been pulled over several times and it’s never been about the lenses

The following 2 users liked this post by UrbanE:
Reliableron (06-14-2020), Sussudio (06-14-2020)
Old 06-13-2020, 09:55 PM
Received 503 Likes on 429 Posts

Originally Posted by UrbanE
GG
I’m not sure where you live but in 2020, $250 is not a lot of money for something that’s no longer available You want it you dig a little deeper it’s just that simple

Clear lenses with amber bulbs don’t cause any problems, install the correct bulbs and the blinker flashes yellow, check that box

What can you say about a statement like this “can’t wait for someone to pay that amount and get a huge ticket”. That’s a very kind supportive thought.

Happy Saturday

1. I live in a suburban (almost rural) part of central South Carolina. $250 bucks for an injected piece of plastic is ridiculous. Most splurges like these (especially in a car forum) are for wants instead of needs... Its a pet-peeve of mine especially with the entitled generation today.

2. The country of registration counts when ppl swap lenses or anything else (cool factor, or ???), or think it is OK to just put a tinted bulb in its place or something else that cries for 'attention'.

3. I say happy happy joy joy. Yeah, ppl who get caught always blame the system (or in your case complain about someone who posts about getting a kick out of it huh?)… $250 plus ticket = idiot in my book. Hey, maybe someone getting stopped after swapping lenses, with illegal drugs or weapons in the vehicle as well... PRICELESS!!!

4. This 'reply' isn't an invitation for you to reply, but if you do don't expect a teat-for-tat, I usually ignore those who try to cyber slap me in the face. Just saying... Happy Saturday to you too!

Old 06-13-2020, 11:37 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the heads up everyone! Crazy they are so expensive, I'll have to figure out a custom route the roadster looks great, love the white UrbanE

Old 06-14-2020, 06:31 AM
Received 54 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by UrbanE
Amber lenses are nice but I’m a fan of clear front Lenses. I was fortunate to locate a set and I’ve installed them on my ride, I like how they look against the white paint.

I have been pulled over several times and it’s never been about the lenses

"Pulled over several times" Oh those were the days. Brought back fond memories of when I was 18 and had the V8 beast like the one shown below. 400 cubic inches and a ton of torque. Too often I would show off way too much. In one week I was pulled over three times by police for smoking those tires. They were more forgiving in those days. I was never given a ticket.

The following users liked this post:
Sussudio (06-14-2020)
Old 06-14-2020, 10:29 PM

Won't the side marker lights from a 1998-2004 MB slk fir our Crossfires

Old 06-15-2020, 01:04 AM

Won't the side marker lights from a 1998-2004 MB slk fir our Crossfires
Unfortunately, they are different from the crossfire. It’s been attempted a few times. If only it was that easy

good suggestion,

Old 06-17-2020, 10:26 PM
Received 105 Likes on 78 Posts

Back up for auction again:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Chrysler-Cr...EAAOSwcK5e4LoU