Exterior & Lighting Any questions related to exterior, lighting and styling go in here.

Broken brake light socket

Old 04-26-2020, 10:13 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Broken brake light socket

Hello I’m new to the forum I hope this is the right spot to put this question. So I’m helping a friend out who owns a crossfire. We temporarily traded cars because him and his wife have a new baby and he can’t fit all three of them in the crossfire obviously and it would’ve been a financial hardship for them to Get a new vehicle. So when I got the car I started doing some work to it to fix it up. hardly any of his exterior lights worked. The guy was riding around with highbeams on because he didn’t change his headlights bulbs. so i started changing his lights out. When I got to the rear bulbs out I noticed that the brake light socket was cracked and not holding the bulb in correctly. it was so trashed that it barely held the light and it was tripping the bulb out indicator on the dash.. I was wanting to know where I can find the replacement parts for that socket the only identifying marks on the socket are cemm pa66 When I googled those markings I don’t get much of anything. I really wanna help this guy out because I don’t want him being taken for a ride when he sells his car.

Last edited by pjlancer; 04-27-2020 at 12:22 PM.
Old 04-27-2020, 07:15 PM
Received 503 Likes on 429 Posts
Default Re: Broken brake light socket

Originally Posted by pjlancer
Hello I’m new to the forum I hope this is the right spot to put this question. So I’m helping a friend out who owns a crossfire. We temporarily traded cars because him and his wife have a new baby and he can’t fit all three of them in the crossfire obviously and it would’ve been a financial hardship for them to Get a new vehicle. So when I got the car I started doing some work to it to fix it up. hardly any of his exterior lights worked. The guy was riding around with highbeams on because he didn’t change his headlights bulbs. so i started changing his lights out. When I got to the rear bulbs out I noticed that the brake light socket was cracked and not holding the bulb in correctly. it was so trashed that it barely held the light and it was tripping the bulb out indicator on the dash.. I was wanting to know where I can find the replacement parts for that socket the only identifying marks on the socket are cemm pa66 When I googled those markings I don’t get much of anything. I really wanna help this guy out because I don’t want him being taken for a ride when he sells his car.

Only help I can give is not going to be wanted. NEVER trade vehicles with anyone! Besides the fact that whatever happens to the car while either is in possession of the other, if YOU get into an accident, your likely to be both a plaintiff AND a defendant. If not this scenario, the you may be a defendant & a plaintiff. Don't do it!

Old 04-30-2020, 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by GraphiteGhost
Only help I can give is not going to be wanted. NEVER trade vehicles with anyone! Besides the fact that whatever happens to the car while either is in possession of the other, if YOU get into an accident, your likely to be both a plaintiff AND a defendant. If not this scenario, the you may be a defendant & a plaintiff. Don't do it!

both cars are paid off.. It is america not comunist russia... Plus I already have a liablity lend loss agreement with the other driver. Sure an idiot trading a brand new car under lease or loan with another person is stupid. But, both vehicles are paid off. Plus we’re both under insurance. My next question for you is this if you believe it is such a bad deal. riddle me this??? how do company cars work?? for example if a construction company has 15 vehicles You mean to tell me the owner of the company has to drive the dump truck the concrete truck and every other vehicle because of the risk involved of employees driving it. I don’t buy what you are selling. Business owners have special insurance and I am one of those people.

Plus the bulb socket question was a very simple1. I could go to a shop and get them to fix it But then I run the risk of having someone Jerry rig an aftermarket part that won’t fit. Come on anyone on this form knows that there are some idiot mechanics out there that think anything Chrysler should fit in the crossfire. When in reality most of the crossfire parts are Mercedes. I think my question is reasonable. Plus there’s tons of other people asking the same questions in the forum.

Last edited by pjlancer; 04-30-2020 at 12:00 PM.
Old 04-30-2020, 01:21 PM
Received 610 Likes on 510 Posts

both cars are paid off.. It is america not comunist russia... Plus I already have a liablity lend loss agreement with the other driver. Sure an idiot trading a brand new car under lease or loan with another person is stupid. But, both vehicles are paid off. Plus we’re both under insurance. My next question for you is this if you believe it is such a bad deal. riddle me this??? how do company cars work?? for example if a construction company has 15 vehicles You mean to tell me the owner of the company has to drive the dump truck the concrete truck and every other vehicle because of the risk involved of employees driving it. I don’t buy what you are selling. Business owners have special insurance and I am one of those people.

Plus the bulb socket question was a very simple1. I could go to a shop and get them to fix it But then I run the risk of having someone Jerry rig an aftermarket part that won’t fit. Come on anyone on this form knows that there are some idiot mechanics out there that think anything Chrysler should fit in the crossfire. When in reality most of the crossfire parts are Mercedes. I think my question is reasonable. Plus there’s tons of other people asking the same questions in the forum.
Look at the socket as it probably has the makers name and part number on it.
It was mot made specifically for the Crossfire.

Old 04-30-2020, 02:45 PM
Received 503 Likes on 429 Posts

You jest, I'm not 'selling' anything! Come back after you get sued and lose everything you own, to lawyers who make their monies off liability coverage that doesn't cover all the bills AND civil litigation. One accident with the wrong person, and it'll be extremely clear to you about lawyers, liability, and letting others drive/use anything titled/insured/OWNED in your name. Judgements are forever. Your estate, it'll come right off the top and it'll include ALL your assets. Good luck! You may be one judgement away from losing everything. Russia has nothing to do about it, this is a litigious society we live in today. Why you make it about Russia is totally beyond me..... I am sure your 'business' insurance isn't part of this 'help' your so willing to swap cars with (unless both vehicles are company vehicles, but even then so...)… I can see you think you have every avenue covered so... I hope you never have to remember this post! Bye.

Old 04-30-2020, 03:32 PM

Originally Posted by onehundred80
Look at the socket as it probably has the makers name and part number on it.
It was mot made specifically for the Crossfire.
Cemm Thome Is the bulb socket manufacture they are out of business and have been absorbed by another company called amphenol. cemm pa66 is the part number. I’ve tried now everywhere to get that part I was even trying to figure out if an SLK socket could work. but apparently because the lens housing is Chrysler it is different. what I’m concerned about is lining it up in the bulb housing. I know I could probably Jerry rig something that could work but I’d like to have something that fits like it is supposed by locking in place like the orginal oem.

Last edited by pjlancer; 04-30-2020 at 03:34 PM.
Old 04-30-2020, 04:40 PM
Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

Let me see if I can help you . . . I should have a taillight wire harness. Please send me an e-mail at RedDogNumber1@aol.com and I'll get back to you . . .

Old 04-30-2020, 06:09 PM
Received 159 Likes on 147 Posts

Thanks Bob, I have one of those harnesses myself, but only one.
I was going to wait until tomorrow and see if anyone helped before sacrificing mine.

Old 04-30-2020, 09:07 PM
Received 610 Likes on 510 Posts

Originally Posted by ala_xfire
Thanks Bob, I have one of those harnesses myself, but only one.
I was going to wait until tomorrow and see if anyone helped before sacrificing mine.
What would be of help if you could retrieve a part number from the sockets then they could be found by researching the part numbers.