Exterior & Lighting Any questions related to exterior, lighting and styling go in here.

Paint code for Limited Windshield Trim

Old 01-20-2020, 02:44 PM
Forum Regular
Received 75 Likes on 55 Posts
Default Paint code for Limited Windshield Trim

Anybody have the paint code for the Silver Trim around the windshield on the Limited?

I went through the Paint Codes in the sticky.... but couldn't find anything that looked like it matched.

Jared

Old 01-20-2020, 04:33 PM
Received 610 Likes on 510 Posts
Default Re: Paint code for Limited Windshield Trim

Originally Posted by lotsofspareparts
Anybody have the paint code for the Silver Trim around the windshield on the Limited?

I went through the Paint Codes in the sticky.... but couldn't find anything that looked like it matched.

Jared
Some said Duplicolor PS2 with a clear coat.
Maybe the Mopar PS2 with a clear coat.

Last edited by onehundred80; 01-20-2020 at 04:35 PM.
Old 01-20-2020, 05:01 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I just airbrushed rim scuffs and my windshield trim and have a perfect match from local PPG paint dealer. He used a scanner on the window trim to get a match. Here is what it turned out to be based on his scan:MFG Honda, Brand Code 3HTMB, OEM Code NH411M, CMO499, FORCE SILVER, Basecoat, Clearcoat. Used Clear coat rattle can then when dry, buff pad, 1200 wet and 2 buffing compounds. All by hand. Before I put on the car will do a final buff and wax. The silver is a little hard to shoot as there are 3 sizes of metallic in it. Cant be sanded so final coat must be an even spray, probably easier with a rattle can than an airbrush. Might be able to match the honda colour and buy a rattle can at an auto parts rather than get one mixed. I did the airbrush because that is what I know and I wanted to learn basecoat clearcaot procedures before I get into stone chips etc on the body.

Old 01-20-2020, 05:09 PM

Originally Posted by Johnny Versatile
I just airbrushed rim scuffs and my windshield trim and have a perfect match from local PPG paint dealer. He used a scanner on the window trim to get a match. Here is what it turned out to be based on his scan:MFG Honda, Brand Code 3HTMB, OEM Code NH411M, CMO499, FORCE SILVER, Basecoat, Clearcoat. Used Clear coat rattle can then when dry, buff pad, 1200 wet and 2 buffing compounds. All by hand. Before I put on the car will do a final buff and wax. The silver is a little hard to shoot as there are 3 sizes of metallic in it. Cant be sanded so final coat must be an even spray, probably easier with a rattle can than an airbrush. Might be able to match the honda colour and buy a rattle can at an auto parts rather than get one mixed. I did the airbrush because that is what I know and I wanted to learn basecoat clearcaot procedures before I get into stone chips etc on the body.
Can you tell me if that matches or is similar to the interior radio bezel please?
Rattle cans of base and clear are $60/pair on Amazon.

Last edited by onehundred80; 01-20-2020 at 05:16 PM.
Old 01-20-2020, 05:14 PM

Hi Dave; I haven't done any testing on interior parts yet as the car is up on blocks. Why don't you bring your bezels down, I'll shoot them for you and we can grab lunch. If it isn't a dead match, it sure is close, should be able to fine tune a match with my airbrush. Bring a finished piece from your interior, best way to do a match.

Last edited by Johnny Versatile; 01-20-2020 at 05:20 PM.
Old 01-20-2020, 05:36 PM
Forum Regular
Received 46 Likes on 42 Posts

Just had all the outside silver done, windshield trim, strakes and door handles. The shop gave me a code of MB 518 single toner fine silver. Maybe check that out, looks like the OEM color to me. Many times though I’ve heard that the XZA is the proper color used. I’m inclined to think so. Every shop will have a similar color from different brands.

Last edited by Sussudio; 01-20-2020 at 05:47 PM.
Old 01-20-2020, 05:50 PM

Thanks for the MB paint code lead. I am going to order a 1/2 pint tomorrow if the specs are even close to what I have I'll shoot some tests with my airbrush. Hey Sussudio, did you only have all of the outside pieces shot? Have you compared the finish to any other outside stuff rims?? any inside pieces compared side by side, same light?

Old 01-20-2020, 06:06 PM
Forum Regular
Received 46 Likes on 42 Posts

Thanks for the MB paint code lead. I am going to order a 1/2 pint tomorrow if the specs are even close to what I have I'll shoot some tests with my airbrush. Hey Sussudio, did you only have all of the outside pieces shot? Have you compared the finish to any other outside stuff rims?? any inside pieces compared side by side, same light?
I have an SRT6 so the wheels would be different. As far as the inside trim when it was shot with the paint ID gun it came up with XZA as the color and the finish was Sherwin Williams Finish 1
2.1 VOC satin clear coat.

The 2004’s are different as they have the glossy finish inside, 05’s onward were a satin finish. No idea why Chrysler, Mercedes or whoever it was, and their infinite wisdom decided to do it. Hopefully this helps though.

Old 01-21-2020, 11:25 AM

Hi Dave; I haven't done any testing on interior parts yet as the car is up on blocks. Why don't you bring your bezels down, I'll shoot them for you and we can grab lunch. If it isn't a dead match, it sure is close, should be able to fine tune a match with my airbrush. Bring a finished piece from your interior, best way to do a match.
Hi, thanks for the offer but I think there is only the fine size of aluminum in the paint and it really has to match the arm rest and cubby cover. The PS2 is a pretty good match, with aluminum paint you will see that identical pieces look different when at a different angle to the eye, even though side by side they look the same.

Last edited by onehundred80; 01-21-2020 at 01:20 PM.
Old 01-21-2020, 01:16 PM
Forum Regular
Received 75 Likes on 55 Posts

I just airbrushed rim scuffs and my windshield trim and have a perfect match from local PPG paint dealer. He used a scanner on the window trim to get a match. Here is what it turned out to be based on his scan:MFG Honda, Brand Code 3HTMB, OEM Code NH411M, CMO499, FORCE SILVER, Basecoat, Clearcoat.
I went ahead and ordered the rattle can base/clear from Amazon.

Looks pretty good to me!!

Thanks to everyone who responded!!

Jared