Exterior & Lighting Any questions related to exterior, lighting and styling go in here.

Headlight problem

Old 02-04-2022, 09:29 AM
Forum Regular
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
Default Re: Headlight problem

~ Jacked up the black SRT (170.000mi.) to remove the belly pan to find the source of a water and oil leak. Pressure washed it, underneath and topside. Oil was on the full mark...strange..Coolant reservoir was halfway down and the reservoir light had come on, temp was normal.. I topped it off with coolant. No oil in the coolant. No milkshake in the oil. I intend to bring it up to full operating temp and look for the water leak.
~ Having a hard time finding a complete set of tires for the rescueSSB SRT. Supply chain issues for the tires I want.
~ Waiting till Spring to perform the lifting cylinder repair on the AeroBlu roadster before I sell it....still have to send them to Klaus.
~ Garage queen SSB roadster still in the garage. Need to exercise it soon.

EDIT--This was posted in "What did you do your Crossfire Today"..Why is it in this thread???

Last edited by Fla_Xfire_SRT; 02-05-2022 at 08:14 AM.
The following users liked this post:
jasonk931 (02-04-2022)
Old 06-18-2023, 03:16 AM
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Deleted

Last edited by Joliet John; 06-18-2023 at 03:17 AM. Reason: Delete
Old 09-13-2023, 06:57 PM
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Just bought the car. 2005 Roadster. Turned on the low beam head ilghts and the driver side is way down, other side is good. Thinking a PO/shop didn't install the bulb correctly decided to tackle the job. Spent hours on this forum reading up on how to remove the bulb because I'm new and don't know how to do it.

While pulling on the plug the whole thing came out, retainer spring and all.

To put it back together I could not figure out how to get to spring to work. Working up side down and using a dentist mirror and a flash light found out there are two cast nubs with holes drilled in them for the clip. Something I guess everybody knows because I found no mention of this anywhere. Put the bulb in properly and finally got the clip hooked in and secured. Plugged it in. It took me all afternoon to do this simple job. Since it's impossible to actually see in there I had to do it by feel, like Stevie Wonder would do it.

Tested it out and guess what? No change. Even adjusted using the adjuster **** and still the same Left side low, right side good.

The Good Thing is I am now an esspert on changing out the driver side low beam head lamp bulb.

CaughtInaXF (11-10-2023)
Old 09-13-2023, 07:47 PM
Forum Regular
Received 27 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by BPCR45-70
Just bought the car. 2005 Roadster. Turned on the low beam head ilghts and the driver side is way down, other side is good. Thinking a PO/shop didn't install the bulb correctly decided to tackle the job. Spent hours on this forum reading up on how to remove the bulb because I'm new and don't know how to do it.

While pulling on the plug the whole thing came out, retainer spring and all.

To put it back together I could not figure out how to get to spring to work. Working up side down and using a dentist mirror and a flash light found out there are two cast nubs with holes drilled in them for the clip. Something I guess everybody knows because I found no mention of this anywhere. Put the bulb in properly and finally got the clip hooked in and secured. Plugged it in. It took me all afternoon to do this simple job. Since it's impossible to actually see in there I had to do it by feel, like Stevie Wonder would do it.

Tested it out and guess what? No change. Even adjusted using the adjuster **** and still the same Left side low, right side good.

The Good Thing is I am now an esspert on changing out the driver side low beam head lamp bulb.
Watch this video and make sure your bulb is installed the correct way. Hi beam and low beam bulbs are installed differently.

MDKEEHN13 (11-06-2023)
Old 09-14-2023, 10:10 AM
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Thanks Tom. I watched this video, and others, a couple times along with some written tutorials before I started the job.

I paid special attention to make double sure the tab was seated in the housing at 6 oclock for the low beam unit. The connector prongs for the plug are at 6 ocklock and 12 oclock which verifies the bulb is in their correctly.

Something else must be going on in there and I'll have to figure it out. Now, one thing I noticed while fiddling with this is that the whole low beam unit wiggles a little bit when I was working with the bulb. Not the whole low/high beam assembly, just the big plastic silver round housing. Is that unit supposed to be rock solid?

Old 09-14-2023, 06:37 PM
JSK
Received 117 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by BPCR45-70
Thanks Tom. I watched this video, and others, a couple times along with some written tutorials before I started the job.

I paid special attention to make double sure the tab was seated in the housing at 6 oclock for the low beam unit. The connector prongs for the plug are at 6 ocklock and 12 oclock which verifies the bulb is in their correctly.

Something else must be going on in there and I'll have to figure it out. Now, one thing I noticed while fiddling with this is that the whole low beam unit wiggles a little bit when I was working with the bulb. Not the whole low/high beam assembly, just the big plastic silver round housing. Is that unit supposed to be rock solid?
Can you see the light assembly behind the lens moving up and down when you turn the adjuster? It is not uncommon for the adjuster screw to pop out of the retainer on the back of the light or the retainer even breaking.

Old 11-06-2023, 02:03 PM
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Tom3120
Watch this video and make sure your bulb is installed the correct way. Hi beam and low beam bulbs are installed differently.
https://youtu.be/QBgCt-I2Pxk?si=u1QIdhbwRzTEAqDr
AWESOME VIDEO !!!!!!

Thank you so much. The fork tool is a great idea,

Old 12-01-2023, 08:56 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Cleared 4 inches of snow off my roadster but still can't get into it as the locks are frozen solid. I was wanting to warm it up a bit inside but it looks like I will have to wait until the thaw!

Old 12-01-2023, 12:59 PM
Received 430 Likes on 378 Posts

WOW, I'd look into a car cover?