Exterior & Lighting Any questions related to exterior, lighting and styling go in here.

Bike Rack?

Old 04-23-2005, 02:38 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bike Rack?

Hi folks. I just bought my '05 black Crossfire and love it. I have one problem... I ride road bikes all the time and I can't fit the bike in the back, even with both wheels off! My local Racks shop doesn't know of a rack that fits the Crossfire. Have any of you found a system to carry your bikes on the Crossfire?

I have the base model with a six speed. I have had the seats done in leather and installed K&N filters. I just ordered a Borla exhaust and Eibach Pro-Kit. Will the dealers install these or should I find a speed shop? Thanks in advance for any advice.

Brian in Sacramento

Old 05-07-2005, 05:04 PM
Default Re: Bike Rack?

Hollywood Racks makes a bike rack for cars with spoilers (Model F2). It's a 3 position adjustable rack and works good on the XF. If you go to crossfirecommunity.net and look in my photo gallery, you will see a pic of it mounted on my XF.

Old 11-17-2007, 08:32 AM

At least two people on the forum have had bike racks on their x-fires, one a coupe, and one a roadster. The basic "Hollywood" rack is the one that works on coupes and the "Saris Bones" works on the roadster.
I went to the bike shop to buy the Saris Bones, but the guy in front of me in line was returning his because it ended up damaging his S2000- which made me think I probably don't want to use my car for this.

here is one of the links:
https://www.crossfireforum.org/galle...php?photo=2138

Old 01-28-2012, 06:11 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

saris bones rack works great...you can adjust it to form around your spoiler without compromising security and snugness of the bike rack.

Old 02-03-2012, 08:19 AM

Originally Posted by scooter
At least two people on the forum have had bike racks on their x-fires, one a coupe, and one a roadster. The basic "Hollywood" rack is the one that works on coupes and the "Saris Bones" works on the roadster.
I had just about given up trying to find a rack that would fit on my roadster and then I saw this posting. Which "Bones" model will fit over the spoiler, the regular Bones or the Bones RS?

Old 02-06-2012, 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by KelloggKid
I had just about given up trying to find a rack that would fit on my roadster and then I saw this posting. Which "Bones" model will fit over the spoiler, the regular Bones or the Bones RS?
I answered my own question this weekend. Sort of. I can't speak for the RS model but I did purchase a Bones 2 model and can attest to the fact that it will fit over a raised spoiler on a n/a roadster. Awesome bike rack.