Exterior & Lighting Any questions related to exterior, lighting and styling go in here.

Fog Lamp Bulb #?

Old 01-15-2005, 06:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fog Lamp Bulb #?

Anyone know what type of bulbs our fog lamps require? Has anyone changed with colored bulbs, like HID style? Worth it? I just put in HID style bulbs in the headlights, and it looks kinda funny with the yellowish stock bulbs.

Old 01-16-2005, 02:05 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Fog Lamp Bulb #?

I believe the Fog lights are HB4 No. 9006 i use the PIAA GTX Spark Blue Plasma in my headlights and they are great...close to HID's though. Check my signature for other info.

Old 01-19-2005, 11:31 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yes, i put yellow bulbs in like the lexus, these are now true fog lights since the white bulbs are driving lights.look at my photos in my gallery to get some ideal what it looks like.

Old 01-19-2005, 11:48 AM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by babeviper
yes, i put yellow bulbs in like the lexus, these are now true fog lights since the white bulbs are driving lights.look at my photos in my gallery to get some ideal what it looks like.
I did the same with my fog bulbs. They are 9006. Yellow looks great with my HIDs. BTW Dave, I used to have the HID look headlights, and there's NO comparison to the real thing. I'm sure you've heard it before.. but honestly, its like a 500% difference, I'm serious. I really think the fake HIDs are dangerous, they don't light up a thing at night. If you got a couple hundred in the bank, you won't regret spending it on real HIDs. I'm telling you because I just wish I listened to other guys about this sooner. In the end it comes out almost the same anyway, because you'll spend time, money and effort, going to the store, buying and installing 4 sets of those bulbs before mine blow out once. Really, just something to think about.

Old 01-19-2005, 01:14 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DavesX-fire
Anyone know what type of bulbs our fog lamps require? Has anyone changed with colored bulbs, like HID style? Worth it? I just put in HID style bulbs in the headlights, and it looks kinda funny with the yellowish stock bulbs.
I've put in SilverStar's. Part #'s in my sig.

If you want REAL HID, put in REAL HID in all six spots! (2 low beam, 2 high beam, 2 fog).