Exterior & Lighting Any questions related to exterior, lighting and styling go in here.

Rear LED install

Old 01-10-2005, 01:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear LED install

To anyone that has installed LED brake or turn-signal lights on rear... Did you have to also install load equalizers so "lamp out" warning stays off on diagnostics? Please advise.
Was told you have to do this at additional cost and that it slows the blink pattern?

Thanks!
Whitecross.

Old 01-10-2005, 03:41 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Rear LED install

Hows it going. I'm one of two guys I know who did this upgrade. No I did not install load equalizers. Brake lights and reverse work fine. Turn signals do flash faster than normal. Personally, I think this is a great looking effect combined with the LEDs! Yes the light on my dash is on, but who cares? The bottom line for me was I'm not going to spend more money just to have them flash at a normal rate! Who wants to be normal anyway? I think the super fast flash combined with the LEDs looks awesome.. definately gets peoples attention.. Depending on your opinion, you may think it looks bad, personally I think it looks high tech and new, just like the Crossfire and LED lights!

Plus if you buy the load equalizers, you actually have to cut and splice your existing wires... Fckkk that! Those wires are too short to cut and splice unless you tear apart your whole trunk.

In the end its just not worth it to get the load equalizers.

ALSO, make sure you get bulbs that have LEDs facing not only forward, but to the side as well.
-The ones I got are called matrix bulbs, they have 6 facing the side and 18 facing forward. I got them from www.autolumination.com. Prior to that, I had tried two other brands that both looked like GARBAGE because there was no side lights to fill the housing. The light produced was too much of a beam pattern. They just looked dim, weak, and crappy.

Old 01-10-2005, 03:44 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...ead.php?t=4199

Theres the thread to my original ordeal of doing the LEDs. I also bumped it up so other people can find it... you can now find it under Technical and Modifications. It was one of my first posts almost a year ago.

Old 01-11-2005, 08:42 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks guys!