Exterior & Lighting Any questions related to exterior, lighting and styling go in here.

How do the lower front grills come out?

Old 07-31-2014, 05:33 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question How do the lower front grills come out?

Have 07 Limited Roadster and a few years back I painted my radiator front grill and the two grills that live underneath with Duplicolor Steel Wheel silver. One if the lower grills has a spot where the paint is starting to peel off the black plastic of the original, and I need to touch it up. For the life of me I cannot remember how I got them out the first time.

I really like that after market Crossfire egg crate shown on another post but I don't quite understand what you get. One ad is for vertical slats the other is for horizontal. I don't get how I would end up with both vertical and horizontal together. Really looks good and $43 bux? Can that be right? Too bad they didn't make anything for those lower grills. Seems like they try to make them disappear with black paint.

Anyway, if someone remembers how to take out the smaller lower grills I would appreciate letting this old coot know.

Thanks Popeye

Old 07-31-2014, 06:26 PM
Received 610 Likes on 510 Posts
Default Re: How do the lower front grills come out?

Originally Posted by popeye
Have 07 Limited Roadster and a few years back I painted my radiator front grill and the two grills that live underneath with Duplicolor Steel Wheel silver. One if the lower grills has a spot where the paint is starting to peel off the black plastic of the original, and I need to touch it up. For the life of me I cannot remember how I got them out the first time.

I really like that after market Crossfire egg crate shown on another post but I don't quite understand what you get. One ad is for vertical slats the other is for horizontal. I don't get how I would end up with both vertical and horizontal together. Really looks good and $43 bux? Can that be right? Too bad they didn't make anything for those lower grills. Seems like they try to make them disappear with black paint.

Anyway, if someone remembers how to take out the smaller lower grills I would appreciate letting this old coot know.

Thanks Popeye
Insert a screwdriver or the special Crossfire tool into the hole on the outer end of the grill and turn to the left.
Mine can be pulled in the middle and they pop out.

Old 07-31-2014, 06:30 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks mate. Where is this special tool?

Old 07-31-2014, 08:04 PM
Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

just use the screw driver....but a plastic pry bar would be better like you use for interior fasteners does a good job as well