Exterior & Lighting Any questions related to exterior, lighting and styling go in here.

Auto Spoiler

Old 12-03-2004, 10:51 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Auto Spoiler

I'm into my 2nd month of ownership - 2004 6sp coupe; love it love it love it! However I've read the manual and cannot shut off the auto spoiler. ???
Reggie (Regina)

Old 12-04-2004, 01:05 AM
Default Re: Auto Spoiler

I don't believe you can shut off the auto spoiler. You can turn it on manually but there's not a feature to shut it off.

Old 12-04-2004, 11:01 AM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Thumbs down Re: Auto Spoiler

Originally Posted by Regina Kuzma
I'm into my 2nd month of ownership - 2004 6sp coupe; love it love it love it! However I've read the manual and cannot shut off the auto spoiler. ???
Reggie (Regina)
It would not be a very good idea to disconnect or try to shut off the deployable spoiler, it is there for a reason. Our cars are very light, the spoiler puts "down draft" on the rear of the car to keep the rear on the road and stable. It also aids in braking at highway speeds. If you were to disenage the spoiler you will seriously compromise the stability and safety of your Xfire.

Old 12-04-2004, 11:35 AM
Administrator
-C-I-C-C-I Associate Member
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Reggie (Regina)
the auto spoiler "can be" shut off by pulling a single fuse in the engine compartment (this fuse only operates the spoiler function)...which i have done since day of purchase.

many will not agree with me for so called safety concerns. i have driven the car at speeds over 100 mph without any lack of stability issues.

the reason i removed the fuse was: the under pinnings of the spoiler look cheap on a white car...it blocks my rear view...and it breaks up the clean line of a great rear end.

just wanted you to know it can be done very easily.

Old 12-04-2004, 12:13 PM
Forum Regular

Regina:
Yes, apparently you can pull the fuse and it stops the spoiler from coming up but you will find that at speeds over approx. 85 miles an hour, the warning alarm comes on. So, if you are not going to go that fast it probably won't effect you. I am planning to disconnect mine also but for a different reason. I have been driving my coupe in in very cold weather and when it hits -40 I don't want the electric motor on a frozen spoiler to burn out. If you look through the forum, you will see information posted by other members about the spoiler issue. Good luck.

Old 12-04-2004, 02:19 PM

Reggie, I didn't think to ask this when I posted my reply, but just out of curiosity, why do you want to disable your spoiler?

Old 12-04-2004, 08:19 PM
Smile Re: Auto Spoiler

Thanks everyone: Leebea, CrossfireLTD, Andrew & Bob G; I think I will pull the fuse for the spoiler; Leebea I feel the same as Andrew "it blocks my rear view...and it breaks up the clean line of a great rear end" Living in L.A. I don't have to worry about hitting speeds where stability will be a concern unless I paint my car black & white and add a siren and even then I question the possibility!

Has anyone come up with a modification of the "cup holder" I need a place to hold my sunglasses.

Reggie

Old 12-05-2004, 01:26 AM

I received a questionnaire last week that asked questions about problems with the car including design issues. The cupholder was at the top of my list as well as the garage door opener buttons that you can find only in bright sunlight and only with the ignition on. You don't know how many times I pull into the garage, turn off and remove the key and then try to close the garage. Put the key back in the ignition, turn it on, close the garage door, turn off the ignition and remove the key again.

Old 12-05-2004, 11:06 AM
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cool Re: Auto Spoiler

I need a place to hold my sunglasses.

Reggie
Why don't you try your Head.

Old 12-05-2004, 12:42 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Living in L.A.
YEAH !!! Another L.A. Crossfire... Maybe I can convince her to join us at Willow Springs Raceway...

Old 12-05-2004, 05:16 PM
Administrator
-C-I-C-C-I Associate Member
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by leebea
I received a questionnaire last week that asked questions about problems with the car including design issues. The cupholder was at the top of my list as well as the garage door opener buttons that you can find only in bright sunlight and only with the ignition on. You don't know how many times I pull into the garage, turn off and remove the key and then try to close the garage. Put the key back in the ignition, turn it on, close the garage door, turn off the ignition and remove the key again.
you know why this is?

because if your car was parked outside and one broke the window out and pushed the door opener button...now they break into your house. this is a safety feature for your protection...this is why the key is required for the homelink.

Old 12-05-2004, 05:21 PM

Originally Posted by andrew
you know why this is?

because if your car was parked outside and one broke the window out and pushed the door opener button...now they break into your house. this is a safety feature for your protection...this is why the key is required for the homelink.
Andrew, I guess that makes sense, except in all other Chrysler products you don't have to have the key in the ignition (or at least that is the case in the '01 Sebring Limited convertible and the '03 Town and Country Limited minivan). Now you'd have me worrying if I didn't always park in my garage.
Thanks for the response.

Old 12-06-2004, 04:36 AM

Dan, boy did I have that coming; what a typical dumb blonde question.

HDDP - Where is Willow Springs Raceway? and can I drive it as fast as on the autobahn?

Reggie

Old 12-06-2004, 04:49 PM

Originally Posted by andrew
you know why this is?

I think it would probably be easier just to break a window of the house to break in, than break the car window, they are thinner. Lee's right, every other car I've had(grant it, they have all been american) have the openers working all the time.

Old 12-06-2004, 09:29 PM
Banned
Wink Re: Auto Spoiler

Dan, boy did I have that coming; what a typical dumb blonde question

HDDP - Where is Willow Springs Raceway? and can I drive it as fast as on the autobahn?

Reggie
1. I thought you dyed it.

2. Probably faster that's why they call it a RACEWAY!

3. Do you want the Rotex Gold Brake pads? They're new in box you'll love'm.

Last edited by Dan Root; 12-11-2004 at 10:36 AM.
Old 12-07-2004, 12:56 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Reggie
Reggie:
There are two terriffic road race courses within 1.5 to 2 hours from LA area... Willow Springs Raceway & Button Willow Raceway. Both are out in the desert, Willow Springs is out toward Lancaster, the other is out toward Bakersfield. And yes you can drive as fast as your little car can take you... But, you gotta wear a helmet so it might mess-up that blonde thing.

http://www.willowspringsraceway.com
http://www.buttonwillowraceway.com

During the warmer parts of the season we run our Crossfires out there about twice a month... Keep checking the racing section of the forum, I usually post when we're going out to the track...

Old 12-10-2004, 10:03 PM

Originally Posted by leebea
at least that is the case in the '01 Sebring Limited convertible and the '03 Town and Country Limited minivan. Now you'd have me worrying if I didn't always park in my garage.
No worries man, think about it, if you where going to go to jail for grand theft auto, you'd steal a XF or a Minivan?

Old 10-30-2005, 12:27 AM

I noticed the other day when I was on the freeway going about 60-65 mph my spoiler did not deploy. My speed dropped and did not maintain the required speed and tried to do it manually and it was fine.

I am going to try it again on the freeway and hopefully this time it deploys but if not do you guys know what may cause this problem and if so what would be the resolution to this problem?

Old 10-30-2005, 01:27 AM

Try going faster...mine seems to go up and down at exactly 65 and 37 mph, respectively. Is this a new problem, is the car new, have you been over 65?

Old 11-04-2005, 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by OnTheWingsOfCrossfire
Try going faster...mine seems to go up and down at exactly 65 and 37 mph, respectively. Is this a new problem, is the car new, have you been over 65?
mine goes up at 64 mph but i have to hold it at that speed for a few seconds not just make it to that speed, then retract at 38 or so.

Quick Reply: Auto Spoiler