Exterior & Lighting Any questions related to exterior, lighting and styling go in here.

FEELER: SRT-6.com groupbuy ViS Racing carbon fiber hood for $500-$650 USD

Old 12-03-2013, 12:51 PM
Forum Regular
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: FEELER: SRT-6.com groupbuy ViS Racing carbon fiber hood for $500-$650 USD

Are you guys going to cut into these hoods to install the hood pins? The more I think about it, the more I like the idea....but I'm not cutting or drilling into the CF/Fiberglass. It seems like that is just asking for problems.

Old 12-03-2013, 01:34 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: FEELER: SRT-6.com groupbuy ViS Racing carbon fiber hood for $500-$650 USD

Originally Posted by meh03
Are you guys going to cut into these hoods to install the hood pins? The more I think about it, the more I like the idea....but I'm not cutting or drilling into the CF/Fiberglass. It seems like that is just asking for problems.
There is a lot of aerocatch DIYs outthere. If you do not want to do it, let your local shop do it. It is not needed to do it but I guess ViS will always state it is needed due to safety measures.

Old 12-03-2013, 03:41 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by FUBU
There is a lot of aerocatch DIYs outthere. If you do not want to do it, let your local shop do it. It is not needed to do it but I guess ViS will always state it is needed due to safety measures.
I don't know too many 'local shops' I would trust to cut into a brand new hood, or how many would take on the liability for such a small job. I had a hard enough time with mine, and it was a perfect circle, but trying to cut an oblong shape into a pice that will have both a top and bottom plate would be no walk in the park. I am not trying to turn anyone off, but lets get real, this is not something a local shop is going to tackle, if they do, they would probably charge a few hundred bucks, I know I would.

Just my $0.02

Old 12-03-2013, 03:56 PM

Originally Posted by BoilerUpXFire
I don't know too many 'local shops' I would trust to cut into a brand new hood, or how many would take on the liability for such a small job. I had a hard enough time with mine, and it was a perfect circle, but trying to cut an oblong shape into a pice that will have both a top and bottom plate would be no walk in the park. I am not trying to turn anyone off, but lets get real, this is not something a local shop is going to tackle, if they do, they would probably charge a few hundred bucks, I know I would.

Just my $0.02
Thanks for the input. My initial thoughts:
First it is not obligatory
Second there are a lot of DIYs out there to follow
Third, you can use simpler hood pins
Forth, if everything was easy with this, i would not want it. Heck I am even shipping this piece abroad. Plus we do not have the local garages like you guys have with expertise. So if I am doing the pins, It is going to be a DIY.
what happend with risk taking and living on the edge in order to get something exclusive and awesome? I mean if we can do engine transplants...

Old 12-03-2013, 04:30 PM

Gilberto is officially on the list. 14 in total.

Old 12-04-2013, 02:42 AM

Michael S. (Srtswizz) is on the list. 15 ppl total.

Old 12-04-2013, 10:34 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Anyone interested in an OEM style Carbon Fiber hood? If I can sell my current one, I'll get in on this new design.

Old 12-04-2013, 10:38 AM
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by rayth
Anyone interested in an OEM style Carbon Fiber hood? If I can sell my current one, I'll get in on this new design.
Waiting on 3rd gen hoods myself.. With VIS having a basic mold.. swings the door wide open for a killer custom function - be - damned AMX style hood..way cheaper than a steel fab..( ).

Old 12-04-2013, 11:05 AM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by rayth
If I was in the market for a OEM CF hood, yours would be the one. It looks great. What company did that one?

Old 12-04-2013, 11:18 AM
Forum Regular

Hey FUBU,

If this group buy goes good, you think ViS would be interested in doing some CF diffusers at the rear bumper? That is another item I have wanted but yet to see.

Old 12-04-2013, 11:23 AM
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Phil, a question for you -- the initial post says *at least* 20 people... so, would additional people be able to jump in on the initial buy as long as it's before the shipment date? Based simply on the time it takes for tooling/test-fitting at Nissan, I'd say the 8-week window is accurate if not a bit optimistic.

Basically, I am VERY interested but it might be a few more weeks before I can make a commitment of this level. Wasn't sure if the cutoff was at 20, or if VIS would allow the first group buy to have 20+ participants.

If this has already been covered, I apologize.

Thank you,

Old 12-04-2013, 11:49 AM

Hey FUBU,

If this group buy goes good, you think ViS would be interested in doing some CF diffusers at the rear bumper? That is another item I have wanted but yet to see.
Already in progress. Stay tuned.

Old 12-04-2013, 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by JHM2K
Phil, a question for you -- the initial post says *at least* 20 people... so, would additional people be able to jump in on the initial buy as long as it's before the shipment date? Based simply on the time it takes for tooling/test-fitting at Nissan, I'd say the 8-week window is accurate if not a bit optimistic.

Basically, I am VERY interested but it might be a few more weeks before I can make a commitment of this level. Wasn't sure if the cutoff was at 20, or if VIS would allow the first group buy to have 20+ participants.

If this has already been covered, I apologize.

Thank you,
After I have 20, I have assured myself that it is worth for all parties to put time in to this. No money will be asked of anyone (paid to VIS) before we have a testproduct. As we have checked that it is ok, then we will pay 1/3 and rest before delivery. As you say, making the test hood will take time and xmas is around the bend. So if you jump in now, I would guess payment will be due in late jan and early feb.

Old 12-04-2013, 12:04 PM

16 ppl now added. 4 more to go and we are starting this.

Old 12-04-2013, 12:17 PM

No money will be asked of anyone (paid to VIS) before we have a testproduct. As we have checked that it is ok, then we will pay 1/3 and rest before delivery. As you say, making the test hood will take time and xmas is around the bend. So if you jump in now, I would guess payment will be due in late jan and early feb.
That's do-able. I just didn't want to have a $200 bill due in two weeks, right as I'm buying gifts for the family. After the first of the year, funds will recover a bit and all will be well.

Go ahead and add me to the list.

Old 12-04-2013, 12:31 PM
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Mrmiata
Good question! Kinda determines whether I'm shopping Zales or Walmart for the wife..
That's do-able. I just didn't want to have a $200 bill due in two weeks, right as I'm buying gifts for the family. After the first of the year, funds will recover a bit and all will be well.

You have got to start logging in more.. and taking notes from older members..

Old 12-04-2013, 12:32 PM

I totally agree. I will tell ViS no cash until after the holidays. I need to recover myself. Should I count you in? Just pm me ur stuff on fb.

Take care bud!

Old 12-04-2013, 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by Mrmiata
You have got to start logging in more.. and taking notes from older members..
LOL yeah I've been slacking on here lately... need to get back in the habit of hourly visits

Hope all is well, man!

Old 12-04-2013, 12:36 PM

LOL yeah I've been slacking on here lately... need to get back in the habit of hourly visits

Hope all is well, man!
Would be fun if the oldtimers also went into the srt-6 fb page and the crossfire page. Then we would have even better coverage.

Old 12-04-2013, 01:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey FUBU,

Already in progress. Stay tuned.

This makes me happy.
Thank u for putting this all together fubu.

Quick Reply: FEELER: SRT-6.com groupbuy ViS Racing carbon fiber hood for $500-$650 USD