Exterior & Lighting Any questions related to exterior, lighting and styling go in here.

FEELER: SRT-6.com groupbuy ViS Racing carbon fiber hood for $500-$650 USD

Old 12-02-2013, 02:11 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: FEELER: SRT-6.com groupbuy ViS Racing carbon fiber hood for $500-$650 USD

Originally Posted by BoilerUpXFire
Fair enough, you have done a large amount of work, but the design is not yours, it is gotten from other members who have done lots of work and some inspiration from a car that you did not design and made to fit our hood. I think this thinking is very detrimental to the community. If they are already going to make the hood, and could pump one out at any time with the mold, but you won't allow them because it is a 'limited edition' thing?

Good thing all the others who sent you info and pictures, myself included, did not have the same limited thinking that you do or you never would have gotten this far.
So far I feel like being limited yes. Why should I put down a lot of time and effort and coordination and ppl not join in now? Then at a later stage will just be able to go there and get it..I want it to be somewhat more exclusive than that.

"Would have gotten this far" - of course not. We are a family and help each other out. Right now i am trying to help us out getting us all a cool CF hood. Feel like joining the gb?

Call it being limited but that is how I feel. I sponsor, share and support forum, fb groups and the srt-6 family for sure.

In the end I would guess ViS will do whatever they like anyway.

Last edited by FUBU; 12-02-2013 at 02:14 PM.
Old 12-02-2013, 02:19 PM
Default Re: FEELER: SRT-6.com groupbuy ViS Racing carbon fiber hood for $500-$650 USD

13 ppl now added. Just 7 to go

Old 12-02-2013, 02:23 PM
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by BoilerUpXFire

Good thing all the others who sent you info and pictures, myself included, did not have the same limited thinking that you do or you never would have gotten this far.

It's your time and effort.. and 19 other peoples money.. to get the design YOU want (you've specified this in the thread).. others can like it or forget it. Since the community is helping you get your hood.. I don't see where it should be a one time shot for those who do like the design.

Last edited by Mrmiata; 12-02-2013 at 02:28 PM.
Old 12-02-2013, 02:41 PM

Originally Posted by Mrmiata

It's your time and effort.. and 19 other peoples money.. to get the design YOU want (you've specified this in the thread).. others can like it or forget it. Since the community is helping you get your hood.. I don't see where it should be a one time shot for those who do like the design.
I actually really do not need a cf hood. I am doing it because of the design and I know ppl have wanted a cf hood for ages. I just contacted them for fun and I managed to get the group a decent price. Designwise, I have been jumping back and forwards and listening to many so I would consider this not being only my liking. of course, why would I strive on doing a cf hood with a design that I do not prefer? I am trying to make a design everyone likes. It is not easy pleasing 20 ppls different opinions. Subtle, extreme, functional, OEM.

If this is going to be a one off or not I personally think is less important. What is important is that we get this going. After we have 20 ppl we can get a car down to ViS and they can make a mold out of the oem hood. After that ViS will be able to do XF hoods.

Old 12-02-2013, 02:56 PM
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

So basically there is no contract agreement between you and them other than a verbal "20 to produce".. correct?

If that's the case then This will be a great deal for those to come that want something different with them having a mold in house. A more radical - custom application should be a lot easier to produce at that point.

Old 12-02-2013, 03:02 PM

Originally Posted by Mrmiata
So basically there is no contract agreement between you and them other than a verbal "20 to produce".. correct?

If that's the case then This will be a great deal for those to come that want something different with them having a mold in house. A more radical - custom application should be a lot easier to produce at that point.
100% Correct! So my limited thinking may bring something good with it.

Old 12-02-2013, 03:27 PM

Good news everyone. I just got some good info from ABD Racingwerks Inc, and we are going to get a good price on hood pins. Aero catch ones. More info to follow. Not obliged to buy these, just the ones who want it.

Old 12-02-2013, 03:50 PM
Forum Regular
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by FUBU
I actually really do not need a cf hood. I am doing it because of the design and I know ppl have wanted a cf hood for ages. I just contacted them for fun and I managed to get the group a decent price. Designwise, I have been jumping back and forwards and listening to many so I would consider this not being only my liking. of course, why would I strive on doing a cf hood with a design that I do not prefer? I am trying to make a design everyone likes. It is not easy pleasing 20 ppls different opinions. Subtle, extreme, functional, OEM.

If this is going to be a one off or not I personally think is less important. What is important is that we get this going. After we have 20 ppl we can get a car down to ViS and they can make a mold out of the oem hood. After that ViS will be able to do XF hoods.
I always figured the advantage of the group buy would be to get it for much less than ViS would sell it for later. Look at their website. Most of the other hoods are much more than they are offering for the gb.

Old 12-02-2013, 03:52 PM

Originally Posted by meh03
I always figured the advantage of the group buy would be to get it for much less than ViS would sell it for later. Look at their website. Most of the other hoods are much more than they are offering for the gb.
Also correct bud. 1500 USD is a common price for them.

Old 12-02-2013, 05:30 PM
Received 30 Likes on 23 Posts
Talking Re: FEELER: SRT-6.com groupbuy ViS Racing carbon fiber hood for $500-$650 USD

I made a paper full size template of the hood for you, give my your address so I can ship it to you. It shows the alignment of the openings to the ribs, hood edges and front edges. Should be enough to get it all done, Enjoy, Woody

Old 12-02-2013, 05:57 PM
Forum Regular
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by waldig
I made a paper full size template of the hood for you, give my your address so I can ship it to you. It shows the alignment of the openings to the ribs, hood edges and front edges. Should be enough to get it all done, Enjoy, Woody
Woody u da man!

Old 12-02-2013, 06:31 PM

Woody for king?
Very much appreciated as stated in the pm. I did send you the address to a Walter S. in a pm or did I not? I will check, if not I will post it.

Old 12-02-2013, 06:38 PM

Address sent in pm. again, thanks bud.

Old 12-02-2013, 06:44 PM
Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

For the most part, it is a Woody design with a little more refinement. Hood pins are always suggested with light weight hoods. Check them out at the track. All kinds of tie downs...including aircraft types. I haven't jumped on board for a few good reasons, although I really like the design. Main reason is I haven't returned to work yet. I will know more Wednesday on my timeframe to return. After that, I will probably jump on board. The hood will be a lot more money once they realize what time and effort they have in it. So, the group buy is just that. Ground floor opportunity to save money on the 1st design. With the mold in house ViS will have the opportunity to tweak it anyway they want once the 1st twenty are gone. Squirrel Crusher might get his radical but cool design done next, who knows? I think it is a good a deal as the last one was, but hopefully a little more refined. But Fiberglass hoods, unless an old vette it just that. They won't be perfect by any means, but they will be light and hopefully get rid of some heat quicker for under a grand. That isn't too bad. If this was more than that, I wouldn't be interested. Heck, even the old vettes were wavy...Good luck man...hopefully I can join in later.

Old 12-02-2013, 06:44 PM
Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

No more futzing around for me. I was looking for a stock hood to cut up for the track but the shipping was more than the hoods I located. Not to mention, I expected to see the former CF hood copied by the Chinese or SRTDan and for sale on ebay real cheap. Didn't happen. To sum up, I'm thanking my lucky stars that FUBU is interested in making this happen. Thanks FUBU! 7 more and it's a go!

Les

Old 12-02-2013, 07:17 PM

Originally Posted by velociabstract
No more futzing around for me. I was looking for a stock hood to cut up for the track but the shipping was more than the hoods I located. Not to mention, I expected to see the former CF hood copied by the Chinese or SRTDan and for sale on ebay real cheap. Didn't happen. To sum up, I'm thanking my lucky stars that FUBU is interested in making this happen. Thanks FUBU! 7 more and it's a go!

Les
Thanks for the kind words Les! That is the spirit. I have another person added to the groupbuy any second now so 14 in total. 6 more and we are a go.

Old 12-02-2013, 07:20 PM

Hood pins are always to recommend as you say.
Let me know if you want to join, would be cool to see the hood on of your beauties.

Originally Posted by oledoc2u
For the most part, it is a Woody design with a little more refinement. Hood pins are always suggested with light weight hoods. Check them out at the track. All kinds of tie downs...including aircraft types. I haven't jumped on board for a few good reasons, although I really like the design. Main reason is I haven't returned to work yet. I will know more Wednesday on my timeframe to return. After that, I will probably jump on board. The hood will be a lot more money once they realize what time and effort they have in it. So, the group buy is just that. Ground floor opportunity to save money on the 1st design. With the mold in house ViS will have the opportunity to tweak it anyway they want once the 1st twenty are gone. Squirrel Crusher might get his radical but cool design done next, who knows? I think it is a good a deal as the last one was, but hopefully a little more refined. But Fiberglass hoods, unless an old vette it just that. They won't be perfect by any means, but they will be light and hopefully get rid of some heat quicker for under a grand. That isn't too bad. If this was more than that, I wouldn't be interested. Heck, even the old vettes were wavy...Good luck man...hopefully I can join in later.

Old 12-02-2013, 08:56 PM
SSB SRT6 405hp/401Tq
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by FUBU
Good news everyone. I just got some good info from ABD Racingwerks Inc, and we are going to get a good price on hood pins. Aero catch ones. More info to follow. Not obliged to buy these, just the ones who want it.

Here are the locking Aerocatch style : Aerocatch Plus Flush Locking Hood Latch and Pin Kit Black Part 120 2100 | eBay

Old 12-03-2013, 04:56 AM

There are several outthere. Flush, lockable, squared etc. I will see what prices and models we will be able to order, if you want to that is, get from my contact.

Last edited by FUBU; 12-03-2013 at 05:07 AM.
Old 12-03-2013, 05:40 AM

Carbon look

Quick Reply: FEELER: SRT-6.com groupbuy ViS Racing carbon fiber hood for $500-$650 USD