Exterior & Lighting Any questions related to exterior, lighting and styling go in here.

SRT-6.com exclusive New Grille through Karl E.

Old 10-10-2013, 10:31 AM
Received 93 Likes on 45 Posts
Default Re: SRT-6.com exclusive New Grille through Karl E.

Originally Posted by RED DOG
Hello to everyone (except ZX2 Nick & JEFASOLD . . . LOL), Here's what I've got so far . . .

My message to Karl Edmondsun on 09/23:

Hi Karl, Following up on the wire mesh grille you had made for the Crossfire. A member of CrossfireForum.org (FUBU) posted some photos of the grille. There is significant interest from forum members wanting to buy one of those grilles. Would you please e-mail me directly at RedDogNumber1@aol.com. I'm hoping you can point me toward the manufacturer. I believe we can generate a quick order for at least 10 grilles . . . possibly more. THANKS, Bob Davis FL USA

Reply from Karl Edmondsun on 09/23:

Robert that won't be a problem. The only thing is do people want all three or the main one. They can be made in black or polished stainless steel. My grille was bespoke so for the manufacturer to make more I will have to take my car back to them for a day so they can make templates. Making templates is expensive so there will have to be a reasonable quantity required. The black is the same as on Porsche and will not chip or flake. I will get a price from the manufacturer when I'm back in the uk in 12 days time.

Also here are a couple more photos from Karl's Facebook page:

Note: If we do go forward getting some of these grilles made, I will work with the manufacturer to have them re-work the lower arc of that upper grille to improve the fit. Also I will ask that they eliminate that little emblem piece . . .

More to follow as I get more information . . .
The lower arc doesn't need to be worked on, its an illusion created by the reflection on the grill itself. If you look at the edges where it looks like the grill doesn't line up, you'll actually notice its the reflection of the black paint in the stainless making it look like there is a gap.

Old 10-11-2013, 06:58 AM
Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

UPDATE: Karl has returned from his vacation. He is putting me in touch directly with the manufacturer. I'm waiting for their contact now. When I get some quotes I will start a new thread to create a group buy on these wire mesh grilles. I thank everyone for their patience.

Old 10-15-2013, 01:26 PM
Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

I've confirmed arrangements that will allow us to purchase these custom fabricated stainless steel wire mesh grilles (in either polished or black finish) directly from the UK manufacturer. We would need to generate a minimum order of at least 10 complete grille sets. I posted a new thread titled "GROUP BUY / CROSSFIRE CUSTOM STAINLESS STEEL WIRE MESH GRILLES. Look for that new thread in this same forum category of Exterior & Lighting.

Ever since I first saw this show car with its wire mesh grille, I've been hoping someone would design and manufacture a similar stainless steel wire mesh grille (without that much too wide outer border). NOW WE HAVE IT!

Last edited by RED DOG; 10-16-2013 at 08:15 AM.