Exterior & Lighting Any questions related to exterior, lighting and styling go in here.

rear spoiler...

Old 03-26-2013, 10:56 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default rear spoiler...

its spring up here in Canada.
i went to my parents house to get my crossfire that ive been dying to drive for a few months now (i drive a 97 ford taurus in the off season so you would understand)
after the boost was done i noticed the spoiler was up even though i never commanded it on. after the first drive i put it down and shut it off. the next morning when i starter it.. it casme up after i cranked. hope i dont sound like a nOOb but is this a setting i dont know about? i actually dont mind it coming up.. if it went down after ignition that would be cool.

Old 03-26-2013, 11:03 PM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: rear spoiler..

Originally Posted by Jamerian
its spring up here in Canada.
i went to my parents house to get my crossfire that ive been dying to drive for a few months now (i drive a 97 ford taurus in the off season so you would understand)
after the boost was done i noticed the spoiler was up even though i never commanded it on. after the first drive i put it down and shut it off. the next morning when i starter it.. it casme up after i cranked. hope i dont sound like a nOOb but is this a setting i dont know about? i actually dont mind it coming up.. if it went down after ignition that would be cool.
From what i have read it sounds like your battery is needing replacing (dont hold me to that)

Old 03-26-2013, 11:26 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I can tell you from personal experience, it's a weak battery...get a new one!

Old 03-26-2013, 11:29 PM

Same thing happened to me...got a new battery, Problem solved!

Old 03-26-2013, 11:48 PM
Thumbs up Re: rear spoiler..

What other car do you know that "flips you the (Chrysler) bird" when your battery needs changing? That's Cool!!

Old 03-27-2013, 12:12 AM

Originally Posted by STEPHENJXN
What other car do you know that "flips you the (Chrysler) bird" when your battery needs changing? That's Cool!!
lol, very true.
thanks all. ill load up the battery with the tester.
i now also have an idea for a new project.. to have it come up and down with ignition. Shouldnt be too hard.

Old 03-27-2013, 01:45 AM
Forum Regular

lol, very true.
thanks all. ill load up the battery with the tester.
i now also have an idea for a new project.. to have it come up and down with ignition. Shouldnt be too hard.
Let me know when you have that done, I've been thinking the same thing. Also have it go down when you go into reverse would be kinda nice.

Old 03-27-2013, 04:51 PM

Yes. Very nice. Up with ignition.. And down with reverse is relatively easy to do.. But up again after reverse and down after ignition is got me a little stumped.

Old 03-27-2013, 04:52 PM

Hmmm. Actually if i wire it to my park brake to go down after i pull it up .. That should work perfectly..

Old 03-27-2013, 05:50 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That would be cool!

Old 03-27-2013, 05:57 PM
Received 159 Likes on 147 Posts

jamerian, not to rain on your parade, but 2 things come to mind after reading this thread :
1. Next time you store it, put a battery tender on it. ( only about $15 )
2. Miracle of miracles, I found a little switch right beside the non-functional drivers heated seat switch that magically raises and lowers the little wingy whenever you feel like it !!!!

Old 03-27-2013, 06:27 PM

Originally Posted by alaxfire
jamerian, not to rain on your parade, but 2 things come to mind after reading this thread :
1. Next time you store it, put a battery tender on it. ( only about $15 )
2. Miracle of miracles, I found a little switch right beside the non-functional drivers heated seat switch that magically raises and lowers the little wingy whenever you feel like it !!!!
nope no rain. i always forget to put it down when i leave. why not something else do the work for me?
i am part of the lazy/innovative breed.

Old 03-28-2013, 09:58 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I think that would ruin the fun of blowing by someone on an onramp and timing it just so they can watch that spoiler come up

Old 03-28-2013, 12:07 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by rayth
I think that would ruin the fun of blowing by someone on an onramp and timing it just so they can watch that spoiler come up
I noticed you have the add-on Startech rear spoiler - are these still available?

Old 03-28-2013, 04:40 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by csteve0355
I noticed you have the add-on Startech rear spoiler - are these still available?
Nope, I got lucky and found one on eBay Germany shortly after getting my car but haven't seen another one in the last 11 months.. the only other one I've actively seen on the forum might be available soon but I believe MrMiata has dibs... https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...l-srt-6-a.html

Old 03-28-2013, 05:01 PM
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by rayth
Nope, I got lucky and found one on eBay Germany shortly after getting my car but haven't seen another one in the last 11 months.. the only other one I've actively seen on the forum might be available soon but I believe MrMiata has dibs... https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...l-srt-6-a.html
We'll have to see what the bank will give on loan value I think..
They still do home owners loans against your equity?

Old 03-28-2013, 05:15 PM
Forum Regular

Yes. Very nice. Up with ignition.. And down with reverse is relatively easy to do.. But up again after reverse and down after ignition is got me a little stumped.
This could be easy, I know for car stereos mine looks for a negative signal and then will change to change to the camera, then when the signal is off the system goes back to playing music. Same theory, so some sort of relay should take care of this.

Old 04-02-2013, 10:50 AM

Originally Posted by Selbyl
This could be easy, I know for car stereos mine looks for a negative signal and then will change to change to the camera, then when the signal is off the system goes back to playing music. Same theory, so some sort of relay should take care of this.
Thats a good idea. I have found a timer online for 20 which i can use to control the up and down of the motor even with the key off. I just have to precisely configuee the timing settings so i dont force the motor down for too long.

Old 04-02-2013, 04:26 PM
Forum Regular

Thats a good idea. I have found a timer online for 20 which i can use to control the up and down of the motor even with the key off. I just have to precisely configuee the timing settings so i dont force the motor down for too long.
Just wire a relay to the reverse lights and wire it to the switch that is already in place. Now getting it to go up, have a relay wired to a 12V switched circuit into the spoiler switch and it should automagically go up when you turn the car on.

Old 04-03-2013, 10:56 AM

Originally Posted by Selbyl
Just wire a relay to the reverse lights and wire it to the switch that is already in place. Now getting it to go up, have a relay wired to a 12V switched circuit into the spoiler switch and it should automagically go up when you turn the car on.
I looked at a diagram for the rear spolier circuit. The switch seems to be integral to to the console switch . When the body control sees a full ground from the green/white from our spoiler switch it will go up. When it sees a ground through a certain amount of resistance on that same wire it will go down. I guess i can find the resistance thats inside the switch.. If i wire a relay to it it will go down if i put it in reverse.. But to make it go back up after is unsolved yet.

Quick Reply: rear spoiler...