Exterior & Lighting Any questions related to exterior, lighting and styling go in here.

Meguires Wraptivo

Old 02-09-2012, 01:44 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Meguires Wraptivo

I just got back from an 11 month deployment, and where my Xfire was parked at my parents place somebody must have mowed the grass or something near it because the passenger side is covered in chips. Looks like hell but I really dont have the money to get it completely repainted, and I saw online the new Wraptivo 3M vinyl wrap line. I was wondering if anybody has tried this product yet.

I was going to vinyl wrap the whole car like the Scion XB they show on the site, see if I can end up with something really cool and original.

Any thoughts?

Old 02-09-2012, 02:29 AM
Talking Re: Meguires Wraptivo

I like Wraptivo Universal & Individual Series of Designer Car Wraps

You may check with the guys that come to you and fix chips/paint etc u may be happily surprised by cost to repair !

I have been told a full body wrap 3000 and up and if a daily driver good for about 5 years etc

Old 02-09-2012, 08:06 AM
Received 74 Likes on 55 Posts
Default Re: Meguires Wraptivo

Chrome looks good!

https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...crossfire.html

Old 02-09-2012, 08:07 AM
PNA
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Old 02-09-2012, 01:15 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I work for Meguiar's and can tell you that this is quality stuff. Since we're owned by 3M we're really just taking 3M films, rebranding them and doing some different consumer marketing with some smaller packages. Wrapping an entire car is quite a complex process - I've watched it being done many times. I've got the textured brushed titanium on the roof of my Graphite Metallic PT Cruiser Turbo and love it, and I've wrapped all the silver trim on my Aero Blue Crossfire Limited Roadster in flat black to go with my flat black wheels. Small trim pieces are easy enough to do on your own, but I'm not so sure I would want to have wrapped the roof on my PT by myself!!!

PNA mentioned Dr. Color Chip, and I've seen that stuff in action, too. Believe it - it really is good, good stuff. And it's far less expensive than doing a full wrap on your car, that's for darn sure!

Old 02-12-2012, 05:33 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[quote=Mike-in-Orange]I work for Meguiar's and can tell you that this is quality stuff. Since we're owned by 3M we're really just taking 3M films, rebranding them and doing some different consumer marketing with some smaller packages. Wrapping an entire car is quite a complex process - I've watched it being done many times. I've got the textured brushed titanium on the roof of my Graphite Metallic PT Cruiser Turbo and love it, and I've wrapped all the silver trim on my Aero Blue Crossfire Limited Roadster in flat black to go with my flat black wheels. Small trim pieces are easy enough to do on your own, but I'm not so sure I would want to have wrapped the roof on my PT by myself!!!

Question: would this wrap work on outside mirrors and the trim around the windshield? I've been thinking about chrome on my black limited...

Old 02-12-2012, 10:46 PM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike-in-Orange
I've got the textured brushed titanium on the roof of my Graphite Metallic PT Cruiser Turbo and love it,
How about posting a pic of the titanium roof...I'd like to see how it blends with the graphite metallic.

Old 02-13-2012, 08:32 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by coolx

Question: would this wrap work on outside mirrors and the trim around the windshield? I've been thinking about chrome on my black limited...
Yep, it will work almost anywhere. The three pieces of the windshield surround are very easy to do, but the mirrors would be much more complicated due to the tight radius of the compound curves - but it could still be done. I didn't wrap my mirrors black, but I did the windshield and other exterior silver pieces, including the door handles.

Originally Posted by syfi
How about posting a pic of the titanium roof...I'd like to see how it blends with the graphite metallic.
Here ya go.........

And a close up of the brushed titanium vinyl material. It is lightly textured, and I've seen people in our parking lot walk up to the car and touch it. Kinda weird.

Old 02-14-2012, 01:43 AM

Im going to be wrapping my hood in the black carbon fiber wrap. Pics to come.

Old 02-14-2012, 11:02 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd like to wrap the roof on mine in gloss black, where do you get the stuff from in that smaller size? i just want it on the top from the windshield to the top of the back glass.