Exterior & Lighting Any questions related to exterior, lighting and styling go in here.

Wind noise, and loose passenger window glass.

Old 10-22-2011, 01:45 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wind noise, and loose passenger window glass.

I've had my XF for several months now and since I purchased it I've noticed wind noise on the passenger side.

Upon closer examination, I can see that the passenger side window isn't aligned properly like the driver side. When I open the passenger side door, I can put my hand around the glass and lift....when I do this is slides up and slightly rotates from the back until it is in the position it is supposed to be in. The total play is maybe an inch up upward travel and 1/2 inch of rotational travel.

I've seen the TSB for adjusting the window but I'm not sure if that applies here and I'm not crazy about taking the door apart. Any thoughts on this?

Thanks, appreciate any input.

Rockster

Old 10-22-2011, 02:17 PM
Received 610 Likes on 510 Posts
Default Re: Wind noise, and loose passenger window glass.

Originally Posted by Rockster
I've had my XF for several months now and since I purchased it I've noticed wind noise on the passenger side.

Upon closer examination, I can see that the passenger side window isn't aligned properly like the driver side. When I open the passenger side door, I can put my hand around the glass and lift....when I do this is slides up and slightly rotates from the back until it is in the position it is supposed to be in. The total play is maybe an inch up upward travel and 1/2 inch of rotational travel.

I've seen the TSB for adjusting the window but I'm not sure if that applies here and I'm not crazy about taking the door apart. Any thoughts on this?

Thanks, appreciate any input.

Rockster
The inner door panel will have to come off to fix this. There is adjustment from the bottom of the door but not for what you want.
See this thread.
https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...tml#post477487

Old 10-22-2011, 03:18 PM

Originally Posted by onehundred80
The inner door panel will have to come off to fix this. There is adjustment from the bottom of the door but not for what you want.
See this thread.
https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...tml#post477487
Thanks for the reply, it is wat I expected but hoped to avoid. Quick question - do you know offhand which screws adjust that movement?

R

Old 10-22-2011, 03:52 PM

Actually, I've looked at this much closer and I see where the adjustments need to happen.

Thanks!
R