Exterior & Lighting Any questions related to exterior, lighting and styling go in here.

Grill or not?

Old 08-30-2011, 10:24 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Grill or not?

Hey everyone, my name is benoit and im a college student from florida. I'm a new owner of a crossfire, 2005 white limited manual and i totally love it. One question i ask myself is if it would look good a grill on it. Its been a week i'm looking different choices and I would like to get feedbacks or thoughts on these 2 i found. CHRYLSER CROSSFIRE 04-08 3PC COMBO BILLET GRILLE GRILL - eBay (item 160531104536 end time Sep-08-11 17:00:16 PDT)
would the crome look good on the white?
or would the black look better
04-08 Chrysler Crossfire Black Stainless Mesh Grille | eBay
also I just saw that there vapor in my headlights. Is there a way to take it off?
hope to hear from you
thanks
benoit

Old 08-31-2011, 04:01 AM
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Grill or not?

Welcome to the forum!!! You will love this car. What part of FL are you in? I live in WP. I figure since half the colleges in FL are here in Orlando, that you might live here.

As far as which grill to go with, there are lots of photos of mods that other XF owners have done. I am including a link for you that should give you some really good ideas.

https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...le-thread.html

Old 08-31-2011, 06:11 AM
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

The headlight issue is a long story. Do a search for "headlight repair and you'll find quite a bit of info.
As for the moisture (condensation) inside, there is a $25 kit you can buy from Chrysler that installs in 5 minutes that is for that same problem. here is the TSB for it. take that number to a Chrysler dealer and have him order the kit for you. And have them print out the instructions that go with it!

TSB: 13-Jan-05 - 08-002-05 - Lighting - Condensation in Headlamps

Good luck and Welcome!

Old 08-31-2011, 07:37 AM

I say go black, but I'm very anti-chrome and don't really like the billet grille. I'm planning on purchasing the black grille set for my bright silver roadster. It will be my venture into deciding on whether I want to get black wheels and do black on silver. If I don't like the black on silver I will just paint the grille silver.

Old 08-31-2011, 10:50 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The three piece billet grille requires drilling into your bumper cover, just to let you know....

Old 08-31-2011, 06:30 PM

thanks guys, i am originally from quebec canada, but i study in lakeland florida which is 45 min from orlando. I still hesitate if i should put a grill or not. It looks nice like this but black grill would put an agressive look. Decision is hard

Old 08-31-2011, 06:46 PM
Received 610 Likes on 510 Posts

[quote=benoitparadis]Hey everyone, my name is benoit and im a college student from florida. I'm a new owner of a crossfire, 2005 white limited manual and i totally love it. One question i ask myself is if it would look good a grill on it. Its been a week i'm looking different choices and I would like to get feedbacks or thoughts on these 2 i found. CHRYLSER CROSSFIRE 04-08 3PC COMBO BILLET GRILLE GRILL - eBay (item 160531104536 end time Sep-08-11 17:00:16 PDT)
would the crome look good on the white?
or would the black look better
04-08 Chrysler Crossfire Black Stainless Mesh Grille | eBay
also I just saw that there vapor in my headlights. Is there a way to take it off?
hope to hear from you
thanks
benoit[/quote
Personally I have not seen a billet grille that looks good, that's my opinion anyway. They are just cheap looking as far as I am concerned, no style. The mesh grille I think is so so.
Many people who have put billet grilles on scratch their cars paint a lot, not good.
The best looking grilles are the modified OEM grilles, chrome trim or painted I think.
It's your car though so do what you want, but keep the OEM grille, you may change your mind.

As for the misted headlights, do you have day time running lights? If you have day time running lights I suspect you have a leaky headlight unit along the seam. Some are so bad that they look like a place to keep amphibians as they are so wet.
I have DTRL's and never saw moisture inside but I purchased the kit mentioned anyway. Does the moisture appear after washing the car or raining and does it go away at all?

Last edited by onehundred80; 08-31-2011 at 06:49 PM.
Old 08-31-2011, 06:47 PM

It's not for everybody and I'm not a fan of them for at least my car. In fact I've not found a grill yet that I like better than the stock...though I have toyed with the idea of painting it the same color as the car. Good luck with whatever you do and just make sure it is what YOU want and not a popular vote.

Old 08-31-2011, 07:12 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Erzer
It's not for everybody and I'm not a fan of them for at least my car. In fact I've not found a grill yet that I like better than the stock...though I have toyed with the idea of painting it the same color as the car. Good luck with whatever you do and just make sure it is what YOU want and not a popular vote.
I agree and some good advise. Welcome to the forum.

Old 08-31-2011, 07:53 PM
Forum Regular

Here is my ride with the black upper and lower grilles:

Old 08-31-2011, 08:15 PM
Forum Regular

What I do for condensation in the headlights:

Obtain a vacuum cleaner (shop vac)
Get like 3 drinking straws (bendy kind is okay)
Shove the straws in the vacuum hose and tape the so they don't come out
Remove your "corner" light (eyebrow light, whatever. The light in the top corner of the headlight)
Stick the straw tipped vacuum hose into the hole where the corner light was.
Try and seal the hole as best you can with tape (doesn't have to make an airtight seal, but works better the more airtight it is)
Turn the vacuum on and let it suck until all of the condesation is gone.

Works for me.. i've done it about 4 times. Only problem is the water in my area is extremely hard, which leaves water spots on the inside. I'm planning on getting halos though, so i'll clean it when I put those in.

Hope this helps

-Eric

Old 08-31-2011, 08:23 PM
Forum Regular

Oh and here's my XF with the black mesh grille as well. Problem with them is they don't fit 100% out of the packaging. I had to bend a corner in (and I went for local pickup, so I know it wasn't damaged during shipping). And other guys say they have to mess with them to get them to fit. But I still love it!

One of the guys on the forum has a white XF with all of the trim pieces in black (door handles, strakes, grilles, etc.) and it looks amazing!

-Eric

Old 08-31-2011, 11:58 PM

thanks eric, and softball junkie, where did you get that sign? its sick, im thinking of buying the black grill and keep the regular if i change mind, thank you guys

Old 09-01-2011, 12:03 AM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by benoitparadis
thanks eric, and softball junkie, where did you get that sign? its sick, im thinking of buying the black grill and keep the regular if i change mind, thank you guys
No problem!

I still have my OEM grille as well. Before I had the money for the black mesh grille, I used this colored adhesive tape stuff I bought at Pep Boys on my OEM grille. Covered up the silver and made it all black. I liked it for a while, and it's extremely cheap to do. I think the tape was like $7.

Good luck in whatever you decide!

-Eric

Old 09-01-2011, 04:21 AM
Forum Regular

on this side of the atlantic there arn`t many options for another style of grille and to import one from the US doubles the price with import duties and tax so i colour coded mine and added chrome strips where the silver ones were and must say am very pleased with the result...

Last edited by xfchris; 09-01-2011 at 04:24 AM.
Old 09-01-2011, 10:11 PM
Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Paint that sucker white, leaving the silver trim....you will like it...that comes from a guy with mesh grilles on both his cars...mine are for function, nothing more...

Old 09-05-2011, 04:13 PM
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by benoitparadis
thanks guys, i am originally from quebec canada, but i study in lakeland florida which is 45 min from orlando. I still hesitate if i should put a grill or not. It looks nice like this but black grill would put an agressive look. Decision is hard
You should come to the Daytona Beach Dream Cruise with us at the end of October. Check out the thread.

https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...23-2011-a.html

Old 09-05-2011, 05:41 PM
Forum Regular

When i get some spare cash, ill probably start with a black mesh grill. From there I want my wheels Powder Coated flat black.

Old 09-05-2011, 05:41 PM
Forum Regular

Edit: Hit post twice i guess :/

Old 09-05-2011, 05:49 PM
Received 610 Likes on 510 Posts

Originally Posted by Erichenderson02
What I do for condensation in the headlights:

Obtain a vacuum cleaner (shop vac)
Get like 3 drinking straws (bendy kind is okay)
Shove the straws in the vacuum hose and tape the so they don't come out
Remove your "corner" light (eyebrow light, whatever. The light in the top corner of the headlight)
Stick the straw tipped vacuum hose into the hole where the corner light was.
Try and seal the hole as best you can with tape (doesn't have to make an airtight seal, but works better the more airtight it is)
Turn the vacuum on and let it suck until all of the condesation is gone.

Works for me.. i've done it about 4 times. Only problem is the water in my area is extremely hard, which leaves water spots on the inside. I'm planning on getting halos though, so i'll clean it when I put those in.

Hope this helps

-Eric
Your lights are leaking and you have dried them out four times? I'd be looking to fix that leak and pretty quick as well.