Exterior & Lighting Any questions related to exterior, lighting and styling go in here.

What Color is this Crossfire?

Old 06-04-2011, 03:58 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What Color is this Crossfire?

Hey guys, I知 looking into joining the crossfire fraternity and have my eye on a 2005 SRT crossfire listing on eBay; however, I知 not exactly sure what color it is (link below.)

http://www.ecarlist.com/showroom/2149/photos/1206803#00

Per my understanding, silver was not a color option in 2005, and thus most cars attributed as silver are truly SSB; however, this particular looks more of a pure silver (may simply be the lighting though.) Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Old 06-04-2011, 04:13 PM
Forum Regular
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: What Color is this Crossfire?

Originally Posted by jolabi
Hey guys, I知 looking into joining the crossfire fraternity and have my eye on a 2005 SRT crossfire listing on eBay; however, I知 not exactly sure what color it is (link below.)

http://www.ecarlist.com/showroom/2149/photos/1206803#00

Per my understanding, silver was not a color option in 2005, and thus most cars attributed as silver are truly SSB; however, this particular looks more of a pure silver (may simply be the lighting though.) Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
It's SSB Silver Sapphire Blue. In different lights it can look silver, even grey. At times it looks like some exotic metal. Only 2008's are silver, just a shade darker than our silver trim.

Old 06-04-2011, 04:29 PM
Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

If you are sure it is a 2005, I concur with Rush...there were a few silver 2006 SRT6's made...but, no 2005's...SSB's are really nice cars...as Rush stated, the can change color according to the light...

Old 06-04-2011, 04:41 PM

I might be opening a can of worms here, but if yall were in the process of buying a new crossfire and money was not a factor, what color would you focus your searches on (aka what color looks best on the crossfire).

I started by looking for back only, but have found that other colors (graphite, SSB) are also quite nice. Im kinda torn and wanted to get some feedback from owners. I hear the SSB is the easiest to keep clean, is that true?

Old 06-04-2011, 04:47 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I might be opening a can of worms here, but if yall were in the process of buying a new crossfire and money was not a factor, what color would you focus your searches on (aka what color looks best on the crossfire).

I started by looking for back only, but have found that other colors (graphite, SSB) are also quite nice. Im kinda torn and wanted to get some feedback from owners. I hear the SSB is the easiest to keep clean, is that true?
BLACK!!!!!!!!! Its A great car in any color but Black would be my first choice. Good Luck

Old 06-04-2011, 05:44 PM
Administrator / Senior Member
Received 629 Likes on 430 Posts

SSB is the easiest to keep clean, is that true?
I would agree with this statement.
If you drive 642 miles in the rain the car still looks pretty clean when you get where you are going...like Chi-town to Fontana Dam, NC (Tail of the Dragon)

Not yet washed but driven 10+ hours in on and off rain....

PS the one in your link is SSB..same as mine shown here

Old 06-04-2011, 06:27 PM

BLAZE RED! ......

Old 06-04-2011, 06:49 PM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Alabaster white..... with a SRT6 hatch/spoiler and SRT6 front bumper/fascia.... I saw one somewhere and it looks GREAT!!

(but AERO BLUE is the fastest... and best looking)

Old 06-04-2011, 07:08 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Jolabi .... there are a few SRTs available in our "cars for sale" dept. Lucky Motors has the one you refer to, priced at $19K with 36000 miles. It is a coupe with total production of about 2000 worldwide. It appears very clean, but I kind of wonder why there is no pics of the engine bay. The SRT is the way to go if you want a car that will stay with most cars on the road and probably beat them. The roadster model of the SRT has a total production of 928 and is the rarest of the vintage. I personally know of a BLACK roadster with 23K on the clock. (Oh my!! ... that's mine ... please excuse me. ) Anyway ....Good Luck in your search ...... Let us know how you progress .........

Old 06-05-2011, 11:48 AM

Many thanks for the insight and support, to be honest I知 still kinda torn between going for an SRT with the more aggressive look and supercharged engine (but stuck with an Auto trans) or to go with a Limited and get the gorgeous cedar slate interior and manual trans. Any thoughts?

With regards to Coupe vs Roadster, I love how the roadsters look when the top is down; however, not a big fan of cloth tops (especially when they need to be replaced.) On the flip side, I love how of the Roadster does not have the huge lump (as opposed to the Coupe.)

Either way, I believe im going to love this carl however, there appears to be no ideal solution, aka I will always have to give up something to get something back, be it the interior vs the engine. Dont want to buy one and end up with buyers remorse.

You guys advice is greatly appreciated.

Originally Posted by IBLUBYU
Jolabi .... there are a few SRTs available in our "cars for sale" dept. Lucky Motors has the one you refer to, priced at $19K with 36000 miles. It is a coupe with total production of about 2000 worldwide. It appears very clean, but I kind of wonder why there is no pics of the engine bay. The SRT is the way to go if you want a car that will stay with most cars on the road and probably beat them. The roadster model of the SRT has a total production of 928 and is the rarest of the vintage. I personally know of a BLACK roadster with 23K on the clock. (Oh my!! ... that's mine ... please excuse me. ) Anyway ....Good Luck in your search ...... Let us know how you progress .........

Old 06-05-2011, 11:55 AM
Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

you were right on the can of worms......lol...........I am not even going to comment....go with what you like.....not what we like.....Black is beautiful but a ***** to keep clean, my aero is so much nicer to maintain....as I am sure SSB would be...Graphite wouldn't be bad either...if you want real colors...lol, then you can't have an SRT.....so there...my can of worms...and notice, I didn't make a comment....

Old 06-05-2011, 03:15 PM
Forum Regular
Post Re: What Color is this Crossfire?

Many thanks for the insight and support, to be honest I’m still kinda torn between going for an SRT with the more aggressive look and supercharged engine (but stuck with an Auto trans) or to go with a Limited and get the gorgeous cedar slate interior and manual trans. Any thoughts? You guys' advice is greatly appreciated.
Jo, I was looking at a silver/cedar combo when my SSB SRT showed up.

Only you know how much power you need. Test drive a good stock Limited and an SRT first. If you can get by with less than full on SRT levels, you can mod the regular engine and keep the stock shiftbox (shared with the Jeep CJ). It can only handle 276 lb-feet of torque. Mercedes has no stronger manual boxes for cars.

If you want more power with a manual, it will take a lot of work. Some of our XF racers have adapted the (heavier) Richmond transmission. You will also have to look at a custom engine management solution because ours is integrated with the tranny

Personally, I'd like to ditch my "ironing board" for a (manually-operated) Limited wing, and source a Cedar interior myself. A few board members have done just that. But since there are only 2,016 SRT coupes, I feel more like a conservator. If I am going to make changes inside or out, it will merely to reinforce and enhance the good design cues on the car, and minimize the few weaknesses.

Old 06-05-2011, 03:18 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

It is the best and fastest color you can get. You also won't know it was dirty until you wash it.

Old 06-05-2011, 03:50 PM

Took me a minute to follow the "ironing board" reference. To be honest I actually prefer the SRT spoiler over that of the limited; however, had Chrysler originally swapped the wings, I may be saying quite the opposite. Same logic applies to the rims.

I would also like to take a minute and offer my thanks to the XF community for giving me some really awesome pointers, really impressed with users and breadth of information available on this site.

Originally Posted by Jesus_Christler
Jo, I was looking at a silver/cedar combo when my SSB SRT showed up.

Only you know how much power you need. Test drive a good stock Limited and an SRT first. If you can get by with less than full on SRT levels, you can mod the regular engine and keep the stock shiftbox (shared with the Jeep CJ). It can only handle 276 lb-feet of torque. Mercedes has no stronger manual boxes for cars.

If you want more power with a manual, it will take a lot of work. Some of our XF racers have adapted the (heavier) Richmond transmission. You will also have to look at a custom engine management solution because ours is integrated with the tranny

Personally, I'd like to ditch my "ironing board" for a (manually-operated) Limited wing, and source a Cedar interior myself. A few board members have done just that. But since there are only 2,016 SRT coupes, I feel more like a conservator. If I am going to make changes inside or out, it will merely to reinforce and enhance the good design cues on the car, and minimize the few weaknesses.