Exterior & Lighting Any questions related to exterior, lighting and styling go in here.

All white with an underbite...

Old 06-01-2011, 11:37 PM
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Re: All white with an underbite...

Dang, that's a good price!

Old 06-01-2011, 11:48 PM

Originally Posted by oledoc2u
got to look for those wheels....less spokes to clean, but yet looks stock SRT....lol
Since you and a couple others have mentioned them...

Mercedes Wheels | The Wilhelm by Mandrus

The lip is a bit smaller than comparable wheels in other brands, but when asked, Mandrus told me the reasoning behind it was to allow more space for the larger 4-pot calipers on the Mercedes cars with upgraded brakes.

Honestly, I like the fact that the lip is a bit more subtle... On the factory SRT wheels, the lip is barely present on the front and less than one inch in the rear...

Easiest way I've found to clean these is a microfiber washcloth. I spray them down with high-pressure to knock the bulk of the dust off, then I clean around each spoke with the sudsy cloth. I also use a gentle microfiber covered "sponge on a stick" to get the barrels clean. Spray clean, and dry off. My ONLY complaint about these is the deep lug pocket, that holds water after you rinse. Don't bother drying the wheels until this water is removed (by whatever manner you see fit).

As Nick and Steve will tell you, the wheels are stunning in person but photos don't flatter them too much. In fact, Nick hated them in the photos, but LOVED them once I pulled up to his house one afternoon.

Old 06-02-2011, 01:52 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can't add to what the others have said outside of expressing my agreement.

Old 06-02-2011, 06:30 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Your car looks great, the SRT nose does look good in alabaster. I love the new wheels. The SRT should have also been made in red as James and my car demonstrates.

Old 06-02-2011, 06:40 AM
Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

I'm loving the car from top to bottom. The only thing that could make it better are race valved Koni's. (They're sold so you can start second guessing yourself now) I've seen some real nice white cars on this forum, Andrew's comes to mind, and yours is at the top.

Les

Old 06-02-2011, 10:14 AM

Thanks Eric/Larry! Much appreciated.

Originally Posted by velociabstract
I'm loving the car from top to bottom. The only thing that could make it better are race valved Koni's. (They're sold so you can start second guessing yourself now) I've seen some real nice white cars on this forum, Andrew's comes to mind, and yours is at the top.

Les
Thank you my friend!! I'll forever wonder about how good they would perform, but I KNEW you'd have no trouble selling them LOL... I'm kinda interested in the Bilsteins... I think they're going to offer a wonderful balance of day-to-day driving and performance... time will tell.

Old 06-02-2011, 01:51 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JHM2K
Since you and a couple others have mentioned them...

Mercedes Wheels | The Wilhelm by Mandrus

The lip is a bit smaller than comparable wheels in other brands, but when asked, Mandrus told me the reasoning behind it was to allow more space for the larger 4-pot calipers on the Mercedes cars with upgraded brakes.

Honestly, I like the fact that the lip is a bit more subtle... On the factory SRT wheels, the lip is barely present on the front and less than one inch in the rear...

Easiest way I've found to clean these is a microfiber washcloth. I spray them down with high-pressure to knock the bulk of the dust off, then I clean around each spoke with the sudsy cloth. I also use a gentle microfiber covered "sponge on a stick" to get the barrels clean. Spray clean, and dry off. My ONLY complaint about these is the deep lug pocket, that holds water after you rinse. Don't bother drying the wheels until this water is removed (by whatever manner you see fit).

As Nick and Steve will tell you, the wheels are stunning in person but photos don't flatter them too much. In fact, Nick hated them in the photos, but LOVED them once I pulled up to his house one afternoon.
Your ride looks great man, subtle and clean is the way to go. Mopar rear diffusers painted alabaster would prob be the only other exterior piece I would personally add

As for the wheels I just put mine on this weekend and they do look very clean. Thanks again for all the legwork. I put them on the bathroom scale and compared with my winter set of limiteds and total weight was about the same. Was hoping for a bit more of a weight loss but at least it wasn't a gain. With the extra width and rubber overall I'm sure there is a performance bonus. I think for the next set of tires I'll go a little larger than stock width in the front. Doesn't look bad but they are right at the edge of looking stretched. No pics ATM as I wanted to buff and wax but ran out of weekend installing everything.

Old 06-02-2011, 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by Airscape
Your ride looks great man, subtle and clean is the way to go. Mopar rear diffusers painted alabaster would prob be the only other exterior piece I would personally add
Agreed, and they're on the list. Although I'll probably stay with the black, or match the other silver trim. The diffusers in white look like a smile with missing teeth... my humble opinion.

Originally Posted by Airscape
As for the wheels I just put mine on this weekend and they do look very clean. Thanks again for all the legwork. I put them on the bathroom scale and compared with my winter set of limiteds and total weight was about the same. Was hoping for a bit more of a weight loss but at least it wasn't a gain. With the extra width and rubber overall I'm sure there is a performance bonus. I think for the next set of tires I'll go a little larger than stock width in the front. Doesn't look bad but they are right at the edge of looking stretched. No pics ATM as I wanted to buff and wax but ran out of weekend installing everything.
Glad you like them! Just curious, did you get the silver/machined version or the chrome? Mine were considerably lighter... No Forgestars, but not the cast stockers either. As for the tire, I agree that the 225 is a bit narrow for the wheel. Not quite stretched to the max but certainly stretched more than I prefer. Some 235s would be perfect IMO... Pics are a must!!

Old 06-02-2011, 02:40 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Don't think I have seen them white in person you are probably right, with the way they are built color match makes them flow nicely though and seem 1pc with the bumper. Regardless, once you fill that gap stock emptiness looks weird in comparison. When lowered they look even better too.

Machine here as well, I got them to mount and balance for me so my comparison was with full rubber + weights. (crappy bathroom scale isn't the most accurate either) within a couple pounds of each other though which again is still a win as you get a couple inches more all the way around. I thought about going with the blacks for a second but diminishes the stockish appearance.

Will def take a couple shots but as a member of the daily driver club you know how that goes

Old 06-14-2011, 12:41 AM

I have been going All-White for about 2 years, as the piggy bank would cough up the working capital.
Magnaflo 16633 installed.
1st items were custom grille and lower units. Steel mesh with 1/2 inch strap on upper and 3/8 inch rod for lower perimeters.
Diffusers were added and pearled with the car.
Body was prepped for Shimrin P-44 "Snow White Pearl and 2 coats of Clear.
Windshield surround was also painted and custom CROSSFIRE letters applied to to of surround instead of windshield. Charcoal w/silver metal flake.
Engine cover was modified removing KN Filters and smoothing inside of air filter housings. 1/2 inch window weather stripping filled the perimeter of the air boxes and black silicone created air tight seal, torx screws were locked down tight without stripping.
Air Brush artist Can2 of San Antonio painted the engine cover with theme picture "Snow White" I supplied, did subtle striping and painted the Crossfire letters.
Flexible "Snorkels" were removed and Spectre replaced them. Cone filters are mounted INSIDE the engine compartment and offset to the side of the radiator and fan. Flex tube is run through the enlarged original Snorkle mounts and chrome tubes mounted both inside the grille area and the engine compartment ducting fresh outside air to the Cone Filters.
Swapped my Magnus Millenium wheels with my SRT6 and had the SRT6 wheels prepped, powder coated and primed. Rubber is General Ecclaim UHP. Front- 255/35/18/8.5...Rear 275/30/19/9.5.
One more exterior mod to go.
not telling 'till done.
pics to follow

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
IMG_0964.JPG (328.5 KB, 14 views)
IMG_0967.JPG (427.7 KB, 11 views)
IMG_0984.JPG (403.6 KB, 22 views)
IMG_0986.JPG (393.3 KB, 16 views)
IMG_1075.JPG (269.4 KB, 18 views)

Last edited by FTroopChief; 06-17-2011 at 06:29 PM. Reason: add pics and change post date to 6-18-2011
Old 06-17-2011, 07:08 PM

more pics "SNOW WHITE"

Attached Images
IMG_1071.JPG (486.5 KB, 14 views)
IMG_1237.JPG (763.5 KB, 79 views)
IMG_1240.JPG (498.4 KB, 7 views)
IMG_1243.JPG (452.7 KB, 7 views)
IMG_1361.JPG (379.0 KB, 11 views)
Old 06-17-2011, 09:23 PM

More Pics of Snow White getting a face lift.

Left to Right top row. Prototype grill, Proto grill painted Top Grill installed, bottoms stock. Pass side bottom prototype. All 3 grills painted and installed.

Bottom row
Headlights fogged. Next 2 after Dealer "cleaned" them. Finally replaced them on warranty. Magnaflow kit 16633 installed.

Attached Images
IMG_0403.JPG (492.8 KB, 6 views)
IMG_0407.JPG (528.2 KB, 3 views)
IMG_0410.JPG (592.0 KB, 10 views)
IMG_0545.JPG (462.7 KB, 7 views)
IMG_0550.JPG (306.4 KB, 14 views)
IMG_0631.JPG (353.2 KB, 6 views)
IMG_0597.JPG (673.1 KB, 3 views)
IMG_0633.JPG (349.7 KB, 5 views)
IMG_0702 -6.JPG (456.3 KB, 12 views)

Last edited by FTroopChief; 06-17-2011 at 09:31 PM.
Old 06-17-2011, 10:17 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

John, FTroop, your cars make me proud to say I'm a member of the "Plain Vanilla" club.

Old 06-17-2011, 10:46 PM

Originally Posted by +fireamx
John, FTroop, your cars make me proud to say I'm a member of the "Plain Vanilla" club.
Thank you kindly!!

FTroop, I love the pearl.... gorgeous!!

Old 06-17-2011, 11:52 PM
Red face Re: All white with an underbite...

Originally Posted by JHM2K
Thank you kindly!!

FTroop, I love the pearl.... gorgeous!!
Thanks John, me John too
Did you get your Mandrus wheels?
Actually they were my very first mod on Snow White....Milleniums. They were designed for Mercedes, but made in (China) another country. The Mercedes tri star inserts replace the M perfectly but need to be removed from the inside. My Milleniums are now on my SRT6 and the wheels on Snow White were the SRT6 wheels I had powder coated and baked.

Sir AMX, I would probably still be plain vanilla to this day if it had not been for your super mod to your hood. By the way, what is "plain vanilla"?
John P
FTroopChief

Attached Images
IMG_0789.JPG (553.1 KB, 6 views)
IMG_0888.JPG (698.9 KB, 9 views)
IMG_1203.JPG (1.49 MB, 16 views)
IMG_0059 rear mandrus.jpg (702.9 KB, 7 views)

Last edited by FTroopChief; 06-18-2011 at 12:22 AM.
Old 06-18-2011, 10:12 AM

Originally Posted by FTroopChief
Thanks John, me John too
Did you get your Mandrus wheels?
Actually they were my very first mod on Snow White....Milleniums. They were designed for Mercedes, but made in (China) another country. The Mercedes tri star inserts replace the M perfectly but need to be removed from the inside. My Milleniums are now on my SRT6 and the wheels on Snow White were the SRT6 wheels I had powder coated and baked.

Sir AMX, I would probably still be plain vanilla to this day if it had not been for your super mod to your hood. By the way, what is "plain vanilla"?
John P
FTroopChief
Yes I got the Mandrus as well, the Mandrus Wilhelm... it's the Millennium's newest brother

Old 06-18-2011, 10:25 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

John P
FTroopChief
Alabaster (without the "toppings").

Unfortunately, your "pearl coat" is hard to detect in a photo. But I'm looking forward to seeing it in person in a few weeks.

Old 06-19-2011, 12:48 AM

I assume you are going to CAA II in Denver? Looking forward to meeting you. Check the previous photo of the side mirror. Open pic with preview and them forward scroll to enlarge. Give you some idea of pearl embedded. Car is blinding in the sunlight. I still think your AMX Hood is the finest example.

John P
FTroopChief

Old 06-19-2011, 10:24 AM
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Those SRT wheels painted white look amazing, and the best looking wheels I have seen on a white crossie.

Last edited by bmorgan; 06-19-2011 at 12:32 PM.
Old 06-19-2011, 11:48 AM
Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

I'm thinking next year, I will put those wheels on both the cars....no $$$$ this year....really love the car, man, you are looking good....

Quick Reply: All white with an underbite...