Exterior & Lighting Any questions related to exterior, lighting and styling go in here.

front chrysler wings

Old 05-28-2011, 08:32 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default front chrysler wings

has anyone come up with anything for replacing these? i know theres the new decal to put over where it actually says chrysler, but i want to replace the whole damn thing, i think its gaudy and i particularly like people not knowing what the heck it is lmao. but yea, i know the front is held on by rivets and its ugly when its gone as opposed to the rear chrysler wings.

anyone have any ideas?

Old 05-28-2011, 09:49 AM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Re: front chrysler wings

since your car is black you could just paint it to match..... if Mad_Med has any of his CF wings you could put those on and be less conspicuous..... not too many options for this.....

Old 05-31-2011, 08:53 AM

anyone else have any ideas?

Old 05-31-2011, 09:03 AM

ive been thinking about smoothing it out for a while, but the thought of painting the hood is the only reason i haven't
but perhaps there could be a replacement piece that would achieve the smooth look and go right in were the ugly wing goes. let me know what you do

Old 05-31-2011, 09:13 AM

Originally Posted by 6ʇɹsǝɹıɟssoɹɔ
but perhaps there could be a replacement piece that would achieve the smooth look and go right in were the ugly wing goes.
thats what ive been thinking. frankly i think the only way about it is either replacing the hood with a hood that doesnt have the indent and rivet holes for the wing or a good amount of body work and paint.

Old 06-01-2011, 12:28 PM
Forum Regular

All I can think of is a flattish brushed piece of aluminum (chromed if you want to stay more with an OEM-ish look) with holes drilled to mount the new 200 rear emblem into it.

Old 06-01-2011, 06:18 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am working on a filler panel made out of fiberglass to get rid of the wings, it's the best way to go without actually doing any body work.

Old 06-02-2011, 09:10 AM

Originally Posted by downwardspiral
I am working on a filler panel made out of fiberglass to get rid of the wings, it's the best way to go without actually doing any body work.
thinking about going into production?

Old 06-03-2011, 11:52 PM

just threw something together real quick to get the basic idea...

but i could get down with something like this for the front...

KARMANN.png

Old 06-03-2011, 11:54 PM
Received 74 Likes on 55 Posts

Debadge the car, throw some of these on and you will really confuse the public!

Old 06-03-2011, 11:57 PM

exactly what im going for! ha the rear is completely debadged. only problem with just debading the front is there are big ugly rivet holes behind the front wing, or else id just take it off and put nothing in its place! someone called my car a sebring today... so i really need to change up the front end lol

Old 06-04-2011, 10:12 AM

Originally Posted by jj19902003
thinking about going into production?
I don't think I want to make more of them, but I'll see once its done. I am making the front wings for another member, and even with a mold it is more time consuming than I had originally thought it would be. If you are comfortable doing body work I will gladly make a molded copy of the wings for you, but I don't know if I want to worry about getting the surface finish perfect.
I can make you something like this if you want something to mess around with, sand down etc.

Old 06-04-2011, 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by downwardspiral
I don't think I want to make more of them, but I'll see once its done. I am making the front wings for another member, and even with a mold it is more time consuming than I had originally thought it would be. If you are comfortable doing body work I will gladly make a molded copy of the wings for you, but I don't know if I want to worry about getting the surface finish perfect.
I can make you something like this if you want something to mess around with, sand down etc.
that would be awesome actually! how much would you want shipped?

Old 06-04-2011, 07:30 PM

that would be awesome actually! how much would you want shipped?
PM sent....

Old 06-06-2011, 12:05 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i think its gaudy

anyone have any ideas?
You think the original is gaudy but this, with even more chrome and more in your face is acceptible?

I am all for solutions, but what is posted above is simply putting more onto the OEM one....

Downward - let me know about a front wing as well, I have access to a body shop, materials, and if need be professionals I can bribe with beer

Old 06-06-2011, 12:11 PM

Originally Posted by BoilerUpXFire
You think the original is gaudy but this, with even more chrome and more in your face is acceptible?

I am all for solutions, but what is posted above is simply putting more onto the OEM one....

Downward - let me know about a front wing as well, I have access to a body shop, materials, and if need be professionals I can bribe with beer
In no way is your comment helpful or progressive to this thread in any way besides starting an argument. Simply if you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything at all

Old 06-07-2011, 07:34 AM

In no way is your comment helpful or progressive to this thread in any way besides starting an argument. Simply if you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything at all
I apologize if I came off the wrong way, usually when someone mocks something up and posts it in a public forum looking for comments (definition of forum - A public meeting place for open discussion) they do not get ultra offended at the first person who does not care for it. I was not demeaning, negative, or trying to flame you but I advise you grow a thicker skin if you are going to be on internet forums where the free exchange of ideas is paramount.

I see you are a fellow Hoosier, I did not intend to start off on the wrong foot.

Old 06-07-2011, 07:43 AM

Originally Posted by BoilerUpXFire
I apologize if I came off the wrong way, usually when someone mocks something up and posts it in a public forum looking for comments (definition of forum - A public meeting place for open discussion) they do not get ultra offended at the first person who does not care for it. I was not demeaning, negative, or trying to flame you but I advise you grow a thicker skin if you are going to be on internet forums where the free exchange of ideas is paramount.

I see you are a fellow Hoosier, I did not intend to start off on the wrong foot.
thank you for the apology, sorry if i jumped to conclusions, i just see so many threads where it turns into a flame fest and the original purpose of the thread gets lost. i know i posted it in chrome but i would most likely paint it black or something. im just not very good at photoshop haha. im ordering one of the molded copies of the wings from downward spiral, im gonna mess around with it and see what i can come up with. if i get something cool ill post it up here for yall to see!

Old 06-07-2011, 12:29 PM

Im ordering one of the molded copies of the wings from downward spiral, im gonna mess around with it and see what i can come up with. if i get something cool ill post it up here for yall to see!
I am going to get with DWS down the road and get a copy as well, we spoke via PM about doing mine with some inlayed mounting points so I can ensure the fit will be perfect. I will also keep you in the loop as it progresses. First I need to finish my suspension lowering, install my exhaust, install several exterior mods, and wrap a bunch of my interior in CF....

Old 06-07-2011, 04:02 PM

im so tempted to just take off the wings and smooth the whole thing out, it actually doesent seem like it would be too bad to do at all... im gonna do it take pics along the way so everyone else can see how to do it and so they can decide how it looks.. and i taught myself how to do body work and shaved my whole truck myself (door handles, tailgate, rollpan, antenae ect.) i plan to do it next week once i can gather time and supplies!

-Jason

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
Photo_00005.jpg (29.9 KB, 16 views)

Quick Reply: front chrysler wings