Exterior & Lighting Any questions related to exterior, lighting and styling go in here.

Matte Black Vinyl Roof?

Old 06-30-2011, 08:55 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Matte Black Vinyl Roof?

Originally Posted by SoftballJunnkie
I got to get some vinyl for the roof. What do u think the right measurements would be in ordering for the roof? Anyone know a good ebay vender that sells Flat Black vinyl?

Thanks.

Easiest way to go is to measure it...I bet that a 48"x48" square would work, but I would measure.

Old 07-09-2011, 02:44 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Obviously, it's your car. But putting a vinyl top on a Crossfire is the one of the most absurd things I've heard in a very long time. When I saw the thread I thought it was a joke.

Oh. It is a joke! Thank God! What a scare. Thought you guys were serious for a minute.

Old 07-09-2011, 11:34 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Well, it's not vinyl in the sense of a 1977 Monte Carlo with a vinyl roof, if that's what you're thinking. This vinyl is no thicker or heavier than your typical sticker or decal, and when it's on it looks like paint. In fact, we have a Porsche Cayman that we wrapped fully in flat white and people want to argue with us that it's not a vinyl wrap and that it has to be flat white paint because vinyl could never look that good. But it does.

The nice thing about this is that for less than a couple hundred bucks you can totally change the look of your car (when doing just the roof, as in this case - you can't wrap an entire car for $200) and then later on take it back to stock for free - just peel the vinyl off.

Old 07-09-2011, 11:56 PM
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

This guy was not kidding with his gold/flat black vinyl wrap job.

Old 07-10-2011, 03:35 AM

Originally Posted by Mike-in-Orange
Well, it's not vinyl in the sense of a 1977 Monte Carlo with a vinyl roof, if that's what you're thinking. This vinyl is no thicker or heavier than your typical sticker or decal, and when it's on it looks like paint. In fact, we have a Porsche Cayman that we wrapped fully in flat white and people want to argue with us that it's not a vinyl wrap and that it has to be flat white paint because vinyl could never look that good. But it does.

The nice thing about this is that for less than a couple hundred bucks you can totally change the look of your car (when doing just the roof, as in this case - you can't wrap an entire car for $200) and then later on take it back to stock for free - just peel the vinyl off.
Kinda like Bruce Willis did to his van as the Jackal, except his was paint, I think.

Old 07-10-2011, 05:21 AM
Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Beaner
All these positive comments about changing the car! Awesome.

3 years ago it was a bunch of "no's" and "I would have to see it first" or "not to my liking but its your car..."

How times have changed for the better!
OH MAN, I wouldn't even think of doing that to my car. What are you thinking? ...................J/K is that better Beaner?.....Change is good...I have heard that somewhere....

Old 02-04-2012, 06:18 PM

Matte Black Vinyl Or Matte Carbon Fiber Are Hella Sexy.sticker City Got The Best Product (3m)and The Best Prices Hands Down.good Luck Junkie.