Exterior & Lighting Any questions related to exterior, lighting and styling go in here.

help with eyebrow lights

Old 05-04-2011, 12:33 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help with eyebrow lights

i am not new to this forum, however let me just say i backslid and thought i would enjoy a vette more...suffice it to say i have an 05 roadster again. quick question. i have a base black 6spd with no foglights. it seems to have the same switch as the limited i used to have but of course the fog lights arent there. more concerned that i cant get the "eyebrow" lights to work. tried everything even pulling out the switch. all lights seem to work except the eyebrows. the bulbs are there, i can see them. is there a separate fuse for them? i read somewhere that the eyebrow lights don't work on the base model. is this true? any help would be greatly appreciated! i may have an old email addy you can reach me @ benji64@aim.com or reply to this post. thanks and so glad to be back...pics to come!

Old 05-04-2011, 03:17 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: help with eyebrow lights

I can tell you that if you want to test the bulbs to see if thats the problem (unlikely), do the driver side first. The passenger side is an exercise in frustration. Good luck on solving the issue!

Old 05-04-2011, 07:05 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: help with eyebrow lights

Originally Posted by benjiboy64
i am not new to this forum, however let me just say i backslid and thought i would enjoy a vette more...suffice it to say i have an 05 roadster again. quick question. i have a base black 6spd with no foglights. it seems to have the same switch as the limited i used to have but of course the fog lights arent there. more concerned that i cant get the "eyebrow" lights to work. tried everything even pulling out the switch. all lights seem to work except the eyebrows. the bulbs are there, i can see them. is there a separate fuse for them? i read somewhere that the eyebrow lights don't work on the base model. is this true? any help would be greatly appreciated! i may have an old email addy you can reach me @ benji64@aim.com or reply to this post. thanks and so glad to be back...pics to come!
They do work in the Base. I am not able to help you troubleshoot the problem However I have seen a discussion on adding the foglights to a base and utilizing your current switch. If my memory serves me correct, there is a diagram on how to jump or wire the factory switch. Wish I could be more help