Exterior & Lighting Any questions related to exterior, lighting and styling go in here.

New HIDs, Parking Lights, Underbody Lights

Old 04-26-2011, 05:57 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default New HIDs, Parking Lights, Underbody Lights

Hi all,

Thought i'd share my most recent projects/adventures.

I'm including pictures of the old (Halogen) lights in my car as well.

Installed are 55W 6000K HIDs (both in high beams & low beams) from DDMtuning.com.

Underbody lights are the same as my 'parking lights'. All are 6 LED 194 Wedge Bulbs in Ultraviolet light. My interior map lights are 9 LED 194 Wedge Bulbs, and I've added an LED strip light also in Ultraviolet light to the back cargo area, pretty much right on the other side of the license plate.

More pics to come.. (mostly interior pics)

Old 07-28-2011, 12:17 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: New HIDs, Parking Lights, Underbody Lights

Originally Posted by Erichenderson02
Hi all,

Installed are 55W 6000K HIDs (both in high beams & low beams) from DDMtuning.com.

Underbody lights are the same as my 'parking lights'. All are 6 LED 194 Wedge Bulbs in Ultraviolet light. My interior map lights are 9 LED 194 Wedge Bulbs, and I've added an LED strip light also in Ultraviolet light to the back cargo area, pretty much right on the other side of the license plate.

they look great! im trying to change my parking lights. where did u buy ur parking light and how do u install them?

Old 07-28-2011, 02:20 AM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by LenardCF23
they look great! im trying to change my parking lights. where did u buy ur parking light and how do u install them?
You can buy those small parking lights in a variety of places.. just type in 194 led and fine the motherload!!!!!

Erich... Please let us know how the HIDs work out for you... I am in need of buying some new HIDs, but I am unsure as where to try next.. (ive gone thru 3 different brands now... YIKES!) maybe HIDSRUS? HIDEXTRA? who knows.

DDM Tuning, also known as apexcone, had a few lawsuit problems in the past including marketing 4 bulbs as 12 different bulbs and not accepting any fault products, but I am curious to know if they have gotten their act together. They look great in the pictures

Old 07-28-2011, 02:25 AM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by LenardCF23
I bought all of my LEDs from superbrightleds.com

They parking lights are easy IF you have 45 degree needle nose pliers. Without it's quite difficult.

Basically to install them just pop the hood and look at your headlight from the front. In the top corner of your light you can see the little bulbs for the parking lights. Look on the other side of the headlight (inside the hood) and find them. (Little grey piece with tabs on it). Take the pliers and grab the grey piece and rotate them counter-clockwise. They're twist locks and rotate about 90 degrees. Once you get them out simply pull the bulb out and put the new one in. They are the 194 style wedge bulbs (same as map lights). I tried to fit the 9LED wedge bulb in there, but only a 6 LED will fit. I used the 9 LED headlights for my map lights instead.

Lemme know if you have more questions.

Regards & good luck,
Eric Henderson

Old 07-28-2011, 02:33 AM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Kolme
You can buy those small parking lights in a variety of places.. just type in 194 led and fine the motherload!!!!!

Erich... Please let us know how the HIDs work out for you... I am in need of buying some new HIDs, but I am unsure as where to try next.. (ive gone thru 3 different brands now... YIKES!) maybe HIDSRUS? HIDEXTRA? who knows.

DDM Tuning, also known as apexcone, had a few lawsuit problems in the past including marketing 4 bulbs as 12 different bulbs and not accepting any fault products, but I am curious to know if they have gotten their act together. They look great in the pictures
I bought 2 of the 55w 6000k HID kits from DDM tuning ($50 each) and they came with 2 bulbs and 2 ballasts. I had one of the ballasts fail (I called the san diego office and they said they have a lifetime warranty, just need to get the ballast tested and they'll give me a new one they say), and another ballast is on its way out (I have to turn my headlights on and off a couple times to get it to fire up. Other than that the other two are 100% perfect. Really bright, but not so much that other people flash their brights at me or anything.

I would recommend them.

-Eric

Old 07-28-2011, 02:36 AM
Forum Regular

I bought 2 of the 55w 6000k HID kits from DDM tuning ($50 each) and they came with 2 bulbs and 2 ballasts. I had one of the ballasts fail (I called the san diego office and they said they have a lifetime warranty, just need to get the ballast tested and they'll give me a new one they say), and another ballast is on its way out (I have to turn my headlights on and off a couple times to get it to fire up. Other than that the other two are 100% perfect. Really bright, but not so much that other people flash their brights at me or anything.

I would recommend them.

-Eric
Ah I see, its good they are backing up their product... and arent you glad that chrysler atleast gave us projectors!!! HIDs without projectors are just a waste of too much light!! eeek!

Old 07-28-2011, 02:44 AM
Forum Regular

Ah I see, its good they are backing up their product... and arent you glad that chrysler atleast gave us projectors!!! HIDs without projectors are just a waste of too much light!! eeek!
I agree! I let a friend drive my car tonight and when he was at the end of the street I couldn't believe how bright the lights were. I was at least 200 yards away!

I haven't had a chance to have DDM test the ballasts, so hopefully they're honest and give me a new one. I was planning on buying an additional kit anyway (only $50.. who cares), to have as a spare in case it happens again.

Old 07-29-2011, 02:52 AM

Wow after reading the issues you're having with DDM I might rethink ordering from them. To have to take out a ballast to send to them (in my case not being local) would be a huge inconvenience. What would you do? Drive around with no headlight?

Old 07-29-2011, 03:12 AM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by 604Cash
Wow after reading the issues you're having with DDM I might rethink ordering from them. To have to take out a ballast to send to them (in my case not being local) would be a huge inconvenience. What would you do? Drive around with no headlight?
I bought two kits from them (4 bulbs/ballasts) for high's and low's.. so for me.. when one low beam went out, I just swapped one of the high's to the low's.

So I have 2 working low beams, and 1 working high beam currently.

If you only ordered one kit, I guess you would be S.O.L. haha

Old 07-29-2011, 07:47 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Looks good. I hope you used a relay kit for the 55w ballasts. The factory wiring will not hold up long to that high of current. I have used DDM kits in 4 of my cars now and have yet to have an issue. As stated above, they do stand behind their products and usually you dont have an issue with warranty exchanges.

Old 07-29-2011, 04:24 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ImportLabSRT
Looks good. I hope you used a relay kit for the 55w ballasts. The factory wiring will not hold up long to that high of current. I have used DDM kits in 4 of my cars now and have yet to have an issue. As stated above, they do stand behind their products and usually you dont have an issue with warranty exchanges.
Hmm you think we really need the relays for 55W? Oh well lol... I'm about to downgrade to a 35W anywho... I'd get a set of DDMs but I am a wee bit skeptical TBH after the whole lawsuit stuff... Ill prob try VVMEs new digital slims..

Old 07-29-2011, 07:01 PM

Hmm you think we really need the relays for 55W? Oh well lol... I'm about to downgrade to a 35W anywho... I'd get a set of DDMs but I am a wee bit skeptical TBH after the whole lawsuit stuff... Ill prob try VVMEs new digital slims..
More info (or link) on VVME?

Old 07-29-2011, 10:34 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by 604Cash
More info (or link) on VVME?
VVME is an asian company that specializes in several electronics, including making their own HID Ballasts. I currently have their 55W, but after a good 1.5years, they have begun to flicker etc...

Im going to try their new digital 35W HIDs and see how long they get me. I'm hoping for over 2yrs... Single Beam HID Conversion Kit : VVME.COM, Tattoo Kit, Xenon HID Kit, DVR Surveillance System & Projector

Cheap price, great service reps.

Old 03-28-2012, 11:07 PM

I had gone through the site.The HID lights will offer a stylish and special look to all cars. The LED Under body Lighting Kits, HID Conversion Kits, HID Replacement Bulbs are now available at very cheaper costs that is less than $100. by many of the manufacturers. The Custom, Dodge charger Interior and Exterior Lighting HID , LED UNDERBODY lighting makes the environment totally different. There are many Brand New LED withchback designs that makes perfect to turn signal lights. We may replace license plate lights, side door lights, etc., The Underbody light kits are available in many different styles and colors and provide us a new look when driving, connect the power lead to the parking light circuit.

Old 04-07-2012, 06:42 AM

Hi... Recently I replaced all my car interior and exterior lights with the LED lighting bulbs because they are gives bright light and have many uses. I bought all the LED bulbs from the ecolight with the affordable price which are very good working.

Old 04-08-2012, 10:39 PM

Hi all,

I put HID's in my 2005 Crossfire two years ago. Headlight assembly on one side the wires were burnt. Cost is $1100 for new headlight assembly. Be careful with HIDs in this car.

Old 04-16-2012, 09:10 AM

Nice work, they look good.

Old 04-29-2012, 08:12 PM

Originally Posted by ImportLabSRT

Did anyone use the code eliminator? or anyone that didn't have any problems?

Old 05-02-2012, 08:49 PM

Hi all,

What are those lights that you have on your bumper? I really like the look of those!

Old 05-02-2012, 11:28 PM
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by a7x6kse6
What are those lights that you have on your bumper? I really like the look of those!
Looks real close to these..

http://www.ebay.com/itm/8000K-White-8-LED-DRL-R8-Daytime-Running-Bumper-Fog-Lights-Lamps-/320899343123?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories &hash=item4ab7176313&vxp=mtr

Quick Reply: New HIDs, Parking Lights, Underbody Lights