Exterior & Lighting Any questions related to exterior, lighting and styling go in here.

flxpaint.com Sponsorship

Old 03-22-2011, 05:51 PM
Forum Regular
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default flxpaint.com Sponsorship

I need some input I'm working out the details on a sponsorship with FLX-Paint Welcome Page I'm thinking about carbonfiber on hood and roof. What color should I use on the rest of body.

Old 03-22-2011, 06:32 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: flxpaint.com Sponsorship

Here at Meguiar's we've recently introduced a sub-brand, Wraptivo, and we've been getting huge interest at SEMA and elsewhere. Nice to see someone here taking an interest in high end vinyl wraps (even if it isn't ours directly!). One of the best uses of the carbon wrap I've seen so far has been the Porsche Cayman we've been showing off for almost a year now; flat - yes FLAT - white with a carbon hood and roof. The thing is just gorgeous and we often have to convince people that it's actually a vinyl wrap and not paint. You can see the car at Designer Custom Car Wraps | Meguiar's Wraptivo along with a few others.

My own daily drive, a Graphite Metallic 2004 PT Cruiser Turbo is currently sporting a brushed titanium roof and it gets a lot of attention. People are amazed when I have them feel it because it feels like brushed metal, not just a gigantic vinyl decal. The carbon wrap has texture to it as well.

I think a Crossfire would look fantastic done up like our Cayman - and I would have done it with mine if it wasn't a roadster!

Old 03-22-2011, 06:40 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Like Mike said, do it up like the Porsche. Mike how well does it hold up to front end chips? And what type of maintenance? Do you wax it?

Old 03-22-2011, 06:47 PM
Forum Regular

They all look great I didn't know they were into that. Your waxes are the only products that have touch my rides in ten years!

Old 03-22-2011, 06:47 PM

Originally Posted by acrispy1
Like Mike said, do it up like the Porsche. Mike how well does it hold up to front end chips? And what type of maintenance? Do you wax it?
The wraps hold up very well to stone chips - it's almost like putting a clear bra on the car, except it's not clear (duh!). If you go with a flat finish you don't want to wax it as 1) it will start to put a bit of gloss and 2) you'll never get it to look even. If you go with a gloss finish you can wax it, no problem.

On the matte finish and even on the textured stuff (carbon, brushed metals, etc) we're finding the best stuff is our Ultimate Quik Detailer and Ultimate Quik Wax. The UQW will give some UV protection and insane water beading properties, and it doesn't really impart much of a gloss beyond the natural properties of the material. Washing and drying a wrapped car is a piece of cake as they'll end up shedding water like you've never seen.

Old 03-22-2011, 06:53 PM

Mike you have any idea what it would cost more or less for a Crossfire?

Old 03-22-2011, 06:55 PM
SSB SRT6 405hp/401Tq

Originally Posted by Mike-in-Orange
Here at Meguiar's we've recently introduced a sub-brand, Wraptivo, and we've been getting huge interest at SEMA and elsewhere. Nice to see someone here taking an interest in high end vinyl wraps (even if it isn't ours directly!). One of the best uses of the carbon wrap I've seen so far has been the Porsche Cayman we've been showing off for almost a year now; flat - yes FLAT - white with a carbon hood and roof. The thing is just gorgeous and we often have to convince people that it's actually a vinyl wrap and not paint. You can see the car at Designer Custom Car Wraps | Meguiar's Wraptivo along with a few others.

My own daily drive, a Graphite Metallic 2004 PT Cruiser Turbo is currently sporting a brushed titanium roof and it gets a lot of attention. People are amazed when I have them feel it because it feels like brushed metal, not just a gigantic vinyl decal. The carbon wrap has texture to it as well.

I think a Crossfire would look fantastic done up like our Cayman - and I would have done it with mine if it wasn't a roadster!
I am familiar with the "Flat" finish wrap that you have described. There is a Cayman at a Toronto area dealer that has one their lot in flat black. First time I saw the car I thought it was odd that they had painted the car in a flat black. Then I was told it was a wrap and I was in awe of how unique it looked. I agree that it would look great in white with the dark c/f hood and roof.

Good luck with your decision.

Old 03-22-2011, 07:03 PM

Originally Posted by acrispy1
Mike you have any idea what it would cost more or less for a Crossfire?
We haven't rolled out the full pricing yet but my understanding is that to have it done right - ie, door jambs, door handles and other "detail" parts properly wrapped, you could be looking at $4000 give or take. When you consider that on a whim you can pull the wrap off and return the car to stock for free, it's really not bad. A custom flat white paint job along with a carbon fiber hood and roof (although a true custom CF roof is darn near impossible!) would easily surpass $4000 and could easily cost several times that for a good paint job. Plus, if you wanted to change it again in a month, or 5 years, you'd have to fork over thousands again to "undo" it.

Our CEO has a black 2009 BMW M3 Coupe with a Vorsteiner custom front end, Vorsteiner wheels, and a carbon fiber Wraptivo roof. The car is gorgeous (and a freakin' blast to drive, I might add!!) but since it has a sunroof it did not come with the true CF roof from the factory. People who understand this will ask the owner who he knows at BMW that he could get the CF roof with the glass sunroof!!! When he tells them it's a vinyl wrap they're usually stunned - it looks and feels that authentic. My boss did the hood and roof of his Jeep SRT8 in CF as well.

Old 03-22-2011, 07:53 PM
Forum Regular

I was thinking about roof and hood in carbonfiber. And rest of body in ultra matt matador red or kandy cooper.

Old 03-22-2011, 08:18 PM
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

How about you do the roof and hood in black carbonfiber and do the rest of the car in SSB. you could be my clone! haha... well almost...

but ultra matt matador red would be very nice. Just remember... the final decision is not yours, its you wifes! It will make life better in the long run. so I have been told

Old 03-22-2011, 08:23 PM
Forum Regular

Then I want your motor!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and new tires

Old 03-23-2011, 07:19 PM
Forum Regular

So what colors would look good.

Old 03-24-2011, 07:50 PM
Forum Regular

What about grabber blue with some racing strips?

Old 03-24-2011, 11:59 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This stuff is cool, saw quite a few cars at SEMA this year rocking the stuff. It's nice working for SEMA and being able to leisurely look at all the cars

Old 03-25-2011, 06:57 PM
Forum Regular

I hope it works out, just have to pick color out. Also recieved a sponsorship today from Dupli- Color a good friday!!!!!

Old 05-02-2011, 08:53 PM
Forum Regular

I also today recieved a call from borla exhaust today. Recieved a sponsorship from them and catback will be shipped today.

Old 05-02-2011, 08:57 PM
SSB SRT6 405hp/401Tq

Originally Posted by Lakeview NY
I also today recieved a call from borla exhaust today. Recieved a sponsorship from them and catback will be shipped today.
Nice paul. I look forward to hearing it.

Old 05-02-2011, 09:16 PM
Forum Regular

I also recieved a engine cover in mail today for a old man up north.

Old 05-02-2011, 09:27 PM
SSB SRT6 405hp/401Tq

Originally Posted by Lakeview NY
I also recieved a engine cover in mail today for a old man up north.
His life will now be complete..............with the rest of the cover installed.

Old 05-02-2011, 09:52 PM
Received 105 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by SparkieSRT6
Nice paul. I look forward to hearing it.
My Borla (Mopar Performance) system was just about as quiet as the stock system. Once over 25mph, you no longer can hear it.

Quick Reply: flxpaint.com Sponsorship