Exterior & Lighting Any questions related to exterior, lighting and styling go in here.

Side Skirts

Old 01-27-2011, 03:59 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Side Skirts

Alright, I'll chime in! Unless you have $1000 laying around on top of the cost of the skirts, forget about it! I bought the skirts from MikeR to test my skills. I knew these were a POS to begin with but wanted to get some experiences with fiberglass fitment and installation as I recently got involved in body work. Let's just say, it took approximately a total of 10 hours of cutting, prepping, fitting, and paint to get these on. It will cost you a fortune if you take it to a reputable shop to get installed and painted. I think I did a pretty good job but they're not perfect and never will be.

Old 01-27-2011, 09:35 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Can some of you who had the original junk ones take a look at these photos and tell us if these look any different?

Old 01-27-2011, 10:53 AM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Those look EXACTLY like the infamous ones... I'll see if I still have the pics I took of mine that show the same views...

Old 01-27-2011, 11:10 AM

I just got off the phone with Extreme Deminsions and they said they discovered all the same issues, especially the angle being off and the mounting issues. They are hoping to resolve the issues but who knows... This is the same junk from the same junk molds.

Old 01-27-2011, 11:21 AM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I found my pics that I took showing the factory skirt and the Root skirt... due to a problem with the gallery I can't post them...

Old 01-27-2011, 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by MikeR
I found my pics that I took showing the factory skirt and the Root skirt... due to a problem with the gallery I can't post them...
No need to. Same skirt with major issues

Old 01-27-2011, 12:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone buying any kind of aftermarket fiberglass part had better be wary that this stuff isn't plug and play. It's plug-remove-fix-plug-attempt to play-remove-fix-plug-play. In the end, it's a huge waste of time and money unless you've got the time and knowledge to do it yourself.

I bought a urethane aftermarket front bumper for my Focus when my original one got torn up. The only reason I went aftermarket is because my Focus had the "Street Appearance Package" which meant the car already had a big wing and sporty rear bumper. What a disaster. Most shops wouldn't touch it. The only one that did charged me an insane amount with over 2.5 hours of just fixing errors. Not worth it. I wish I would have just gotten an OEM one and drove around with a mismatched car.

After that experience, I wouldn't let anything aftermarket even close to my Crossfire.

And fyi, Extreme Dimensions isn't going to fix a thing.

Old 01-27-2011, 02:31 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Saw the pics of the unfinished skirts, they are the same piece of crap that I purchased...BTW back on track with my car. ordered shocks and brake lines from Needswings,,,,Is it just me or does Rob's voice on the phone sound like Sgt. Joe Friday from Draggnet (the TV series from years ago). I swear if he at any time told me " JUST THE FACTS SIR" i would have dropped the phone.. Great guy. lot of help,
Thanks for the referral Howard and Jim.

Old 01-27-2011, 02:36 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by wpetraska
Anyone buying any kind of aftermarket fiberglass part had better be wary that this stuff isn't plug and play....

After that experience, I wouldn't let anything aftermarket even close to my Crossfire.

And fyi, Extreme Dimensions isn't going to fix a thing.
You just proved the point, buy junk = no fitment. I bought a nice aftermarket FG front bumper for a BMW I had and the thing was TOP NOTCH, fit like a glove. Not all items are crap, but many are, so you need to do your homework, hence why threads like this exist.