Exterior & Lighting Any questions related to exterior, lighting and styling go in here.

led license plate lights order

Old 12-17-2010, 06:57 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: led license plate lights order

Well cr@p everyone, I thought it was a good deal at the time and that perhaps the one bulb I got was just a fluke, but it sounds like their stuff just isnt cutting it. I totally overlooked superbrights and their can-bus LEDs.

FWIW... Sorry

Old 12-17-2010, 07:14 PM
Received 63 Likes on 54 Posts

Hey no need to apologize................this can still work out, I got a quick reply offering a refund or another set. I told'em to send me a working set or refund, their choice. We'll see what happens.

Old 12-17-2010, 08:00 PM
Forum Regular
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Well, I went ahead and took the plunge to buy these lights, so I'm hoping the set I get works, but like it has been said, if they don't, 10$ isn't too much to be out and I'll just work on them giving me a refund.

I just replaced all my interior lights (map, glovebox, rear hatch) with SuperBrightLEDs and they look awesome. I must have missed their Can-Bus 36mm festoons when I was browsing their page or I would have just got them at the same time. Oh well.

Now to replace all 4 side marker lights with LEDs and my complete LED swap-out will be complete.

I'll just keep my fingers crossed on the factorykiss ones that are enroute to me, haha.

Old 12-18-2010, 06:40 PM

Originally Posted by bluecoupe
Thanks John...........I'm still learning even at my advanced years!
We all gotta watch out for wach other, it is much easier to have someone tell you that something works when you know they have already tried it successfully

Originally Posted by No_Dominion
Now to replace all 4 side marker lights with LEDs and my complete LED swap-out will be complete.
I would recommend using the single LEDs that face out. I used the 5 count last time that 4 face all sideways and the fifth faces out and they were a little too bright, but the singles just blend into the car (and they are really cheap LOL).

PS, I need you to help with the glovebox LED, I never figured that one out

Old 12-18-2010, 06:45 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by BoilerUpXFire
We all gotta watch out for wach other, it is much easier to have someone tell you that something works when you know they have already tried it successfully

I would recommend using the single LEDs that face out. I used the 5 count last time that 4 face all sideways and the fifth faces out and they were a little too bright, but the singles just blend into the car (and they are really cheap LOL).

PS, I need you to help with the glovebox LED, I never figured that one out
Basically you just have to shove a flathead screwdriver underneath the light cover/housing along the right hand side and pry it down. It feels at first like its going to break, but it doesn't, they just made it a very tight fit.

Old 12-19-2010, 02:02 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

what is the proper dimension i need for the overhead and glove box lights? are they the same type as the liscence?

Old 12-19-2010, 10:15 AM

Originally Posted by robjob941
what is the proper dimension i need for the overhead and glove box lights? are they the same type as the liscence?
the map lights are 194 or T-10. I bought colored 193's at autozone but their not LEDs. Glove box is a 36mm too like the license plate.

theres a stickey in the exterior-lighting sub forum that has the light bulb listings for our cars

Last edited by green-ghost; 12-19-2010 at 10:18 AM.
Old 12-19-2010, 01:07 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks man and you know when ever somebody uses the words "our cars" it puts a smile on my face

Old 12-24-2010, 02:08 AM
Forum Regular

Okay, got my license LEDs in today from Factory Kiss, so far so good. I'm loving the look and I had them on for about 30 minutes straight with no failures. Keeping my fingers crossed that they stay that way, haha.

Old 12-24-2010, 09:57 AM

Originally Posted by No_Dominion
Okay, got my license LEDs in today from Factory Kiss, so far so good. I'm loving the look and I had them on for about 30 minutes straight with no failures. Keeping my fingers crossed that they stay that way, haha.
Good to hear you got yours Im still waiting for Gary-ling-lang-Li to send me my replacements and was begining to wonder if some chinese guy on the other side of the planet was ripping me off for 3.99

Old 12-24-2010, 11:58 AM

Recieved my led lights from china,sinapore, japan I'm not sure where they came from. Put the first one in and it worked for about 1 1/2 seconds. Second one did'nt work at all! Put them on a 12 volt power supply and they work fine. Checked the power output at the light socket and it shower 14.4 volts. Maybe they are getting too much power. Any suggestions?

Old 12-24-2010, 12:31 PM
Received 610 Likes on 510 Posts

Originally Posted by VIPER0076
Recieved my led lights from china,sinapore, japan I'm not sure where they came from. Put the first one in and it worked for about 1 1/2 seconds. Second one did'nt work at all! Put them on a 12 volt power supply and they work fine. Checked the power output at the light socket and it shower 14.4 volts. Maybe they are getting too much power. Any suggestions?
Did you try putting them in the other way around?

Old 12-24-2010, 02:05 PM

Originally Posted by green-ghost
Good to hear you got yours Im still waiting for Gary-ling-lang-Li to send me my replacements and was begining to wonder if some chinese guy on the other side of the planet was ripping me off for 3.99
Pooly, I'm waiting for replacements too. I'll post if they get here, first set took 3 weeks.

Last edited by bluecoupe; 12-25-2010 at 05:35 PM.
Old 12-24-2010, 02:34 PM
Received 610 Likes on 510 Posts

Originally Posted by onehundred80
Did you try putting them in the other way around?
Let me explain.
I have never studied LED's but the positive and negative wires have to be attached in the correct manner otherwise the principle that makes them work is not activated.
I guess 99% of you know more than I so I bow to your knowledge, I just thought I mention the sum total of my knowledge on the matter.
Diode means electricity passes only one way through the component.

Old 12-25-2010, 04:57 PM

Took 180's advice..... turned them around..WALA, Thanks they work fine now.

Old 12-28-2010, 07:11 PM

just received my 2 replacement bulbs but to freezing in the garage to even bother trying them out

Old 12-29-2010, 08:40 PM

Well the replacement bulbs work and no light out indicator so far. They seem to be noticably dimmer but still much better than stock.

My opinion: Im going with superbrights from now on. Factory kiss is OK but to much hit or miss quality and they take so dang long to ship. Despite their prompt customer interaction they just seem half a$$ed

Old 01-11-2011, 01:01 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by IBLUBYU
I'm waiting for a bulb replacement for one that didn't work. Gary(Li) said "no problem, I'll replace it if you agree to pay $4.99 for the shipping". I told them that the bulb problem was their problem, and asked if this was the usual way the companies in China did things. Their "problem", their shipping expense..... not mine. I still haven't given them a feedback yet, and so advised them that if they wanted a "favorable" feedback, it would be when I get my working replacements. Gary (Li) then almost made me promise to give them a favorable feedback then. I told them that as soon as our business was "finished" that could happen, it all depended on their response. If you have too, just threaten an unfavorable feedback.
Just updating ..... I have received 2 new bulbs from factorykiss today, and they paid for the shipping. I won't be able to try them till spring, but I will be leaving a positive feedback at this point because they did come thru. Had to refuse their offer to replace if I paid them an additional $4.99 for shipping, but they did stay in communication, and do attempt to make customer happy. Just withhold feedback till you're satisfied .....

Old 01-11-2011, 05:46 PM

ditto, I received my replacement bulbs today also and I did not pay any additional for replacements. These ones appear to work OK. I too have left 5 star feedback. So far a happy ending

Old 01-11-2011, 06:34 PM

its wierd how the replacement bulbs I got wernt as bright as the first set. They were a tad different (circuitery). Did you guys see a difference?

Quick Reply: led license plate lights order